Srirampore Church by Danish settlement
Formerly known as Fedricnagar, Srirampur was the seat of missionary activity from 1793 to 1834. Hardly 25 km from Kolkata, it has held an important place in Bengal's history. It was a Danish settlement till East India Company took over in 1845. The house of the Danish Governor, the Roman Catholic Church and St Olaf Churchstill stands here. There is also a museum in Srirampur College with exhibits about the missionaries, Dr Williams Carey, Ward and Marshman and their activities.
This beautiful French building belonged to French official. It was converted into Chandernagore college in 1931.