Know about this? Rate It!
Favorite thing: 1. Halt in Delhi for the night.
2. Use this link for your train tickets - to and fro:
3. Use abbreviations, New Delhi (NDLS) to Agra Cantonment (AGC), for booking online. Select AC Chair car for Class.
4. Taj Express dep. 07:10 Arr. 10:07 Rs. 259/- (US$ 50) (M T W T F S S)
Bhopal Shatabdi dep. 06:15 Arr. 08:12 Rs. 370/- (US$ 75) (M T W T - S S)
Intercity Express dep. 17:40 Arr. 21:50 Rs. 222/- (US$ 45) (M T W T F S S)
5. Book hotel rooms in advance.
6. View Taj Mahal from the rear (across the river) - less crowd, unobstructed view, no timing restrictions. Nearby is site of the Emperor's unfilfilled wish for a black mausoleum.
Fondest memory: Parathawala Gali - Chadni Chowk. Luscious jalebis thereafter ;-
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
Go to Agra and visit the Taj...
Favorite thing: Go to Agra and visit the Taj Mahal.
The Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal in 1652.
The tomb is built of pure marble and is considered to be one of the seven wonders of the world.
Delhi to Rajasthan
Favorite thing: I have a great experience when i was tired of the city and got to leave delhi for just a day trip....really nice and relaxing
DSI was so easy to use and the driver was super nice, i planned the trip while i was still in america because they have an office in america so got to plan everything before i left...
they are on facebook too
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/214e60/#ixzz1Z0ngGpcE
Fondest memory: Learning hindi with my driver MUFEED!
Volvo To Jaipur
Favorite thing: Rajasthan Government run very comfortable Volvo buses from Bikaner House, Pandara Road, New Delhi to Jaipur and from Sindhi Camp, Main Bus Stand, Jaipur to Bikaner House, Pandara Road, New Delhi.
These ply every 30 mins-1 hr during the day.
They take about 5 hours to complete the journey.
Tickets cost INR 700/- (2011 prices) per passenger.
The Volvo buses, with bathroom attached, are the newer buses which have no stops along the journey.
They sell tea, cold drinks, sandwiches and chips inside the buses.
At the end ofthe journey, you do not feel tired at all.
- Family Travel
- Road Trip
- Castles and Palaces
You have to make a trip to...
Favorite thing: You have to make a trip to AGRA and visit TAJ MAHAL.
I am sure you have already seen it on so many pictures but you will never forget the impression when you see it in real !
You might want to finish your...
Favorite thing: You might want to finish your trip through India with some relaxing days. Choose Goa for some days of relaxation ...
A portrait of (Mumtaz Mahal)...
Favorite thing: A portrait of (Mumtaz Mahal) the lucky wife but unlucky to have not lived with her husband till a ripe old age.What a pity!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Delhi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mauritius Hotels
- Little Tybee Island Hotels
- Tettegouche State Park Hotels
- Lake Huron Beach Hotels
- Togo Hotels
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- Isle of Palms Hotels
- Ramnagar Hotels
- Ostseebad Binz