Know about this? Rate It!
A lotus in the City!
I came across the Bahia Faith Lotus Temple by accident - and what a pleasant surprise! The Temple is a marble representation of a lotus flower and is located in the South of Delhi. I visited on a Sunday and it was very busy with locals - not any foriegners that I could see. Crowds were not a problem however as all was very well ordered.
Plan to spend some quiet and peaceful time in the Temple where no talking is allowed. Also visit the information center near the entrance.
Its free and worth making the effort.
- Arts and Culture
- Religious Travel
You shouldn't miss the lotus...
You shouldn't miss the lotus shaped Baha'i House (building above) of Worship one of the most spectacular buildings in Delhi! The temple was built in 1980 and finished in 1986. From april till september it is open from 9am-7pm & from october till march it's opened from 9.30 am till 5.30 pm from tuesday-sunday.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Delhi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Wroclaw Off The Beaten Path
- Saudi Arabia Off The Beaten Path
- Tagaytay and Taal
- Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Off The Beaten Path
- Statues / Murals / Memorials
- Vilnius Off The Beaten Path
- Worthing Off The Beaten Path
- Ethiopia Off The Beaten Path
- Railway Stations
- Ojai Off The Beaten Path
- Heviz Off The Beaten Path
- Amsterdam Off The Beaten Path