What to pack for Delhi

Most Viewed What to Pack in Delhi

• Jontxu's Profile Photo

Clothes for the children

by Jontxu Written Aug 5, 2007

Luggage and bags: Usually people go to India thinking about the shopping possibilities and tend to travel with a light luggage, what we did is to ask some friends and colleagues if they had children clothes to bring there. We end up travelling with a few things for ourselves, but we packed our luggage with lots of things we brought to an orphanage as soon as we arrived in Delhi. You won´t have trouble finding one because unfortunately India is full of them.
    I don´t think this is a big effort however it´s an easy way to help all this people who do not have too much help, I am sure you´ll feel a little bit better after that.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Earplugs

by Willettsworld Written Apr 9, 2007

Miscellaneous: Forget your wife, your husband, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your mother, your father, your sister, your brother or any other travelling companion. These little things will be your best friend throughout your whole time in India. Look after them, nurture them, feed them , water them and by all means don't lose them!

• halfbeat's Profile Photo

Sleepless nights without earplugs!

by halfbeat Written Jun 13, 2006

Miscellaneous: Ear plugs!!!! I didnt take any with me when i went to Delhi, and the nights in the hotel were terrible!!! I guess if you are staying in one of the big 5 star hotels you would be fine, but the hotel i was in was right in the centre of the Karol bagh area, and wasn't particularly good, and so the noise all night was awful. Constant shouting and engine noise, car horns and dogs barking. If you want to get a good nights sleep in this area... take some earplugs or get a hotel further out in new Delhi where it seemed to be a lot quieter.

• diageva's Profile Photo

Not really necesary

by diageva Written Aug 19, 2004

Luggage and bags: You can buy nearly everything at Delhi, so don't have to bring much things. You will find lots of cheap clothes and if you dont have space for so many new things you can buy very good bags at very good prices.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Close shoes cause there are lots of rubish in the floor. Not white clothes cause you will look so clean.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring medicaments for stomach problems.

Photo Equipment: You can find photo equipment without problems at good prices.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Mosquito nettings are useless because the ceilings are very high, and I didn't find many mosquitos so ... no problem

Miscellaneous: You will want to cover your head and will need sunglasses

Indian People

• PCuk's Profile Photo

pack for all weather!

by PCuk Written Jul 17, 2003

Miscellaneous: You may expect India to be hot and sunny,but beware!!The best times to visit are in the Nov-Mar period,however in January the weather in Delhi was foggy with sunny spells and often quite cool..so take your shorts (especially if youre going elsewhere) but also take sweatshirts,jackets and even scarf and gloves (obviously this might not apply in the summer months)

• husain's Profile Photo

Packing List

by husain Written Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: The summers are HOT!! May to August, its a pain hanging out in the sun during the days. So, bring all the summer clothes that you can think of!

Winters- it can get pretty cold between December and Feb. It gets to about 2 degrees cel...

Miscellaneous: in the pic- holi at radhika's place (karma_kola on vt)

Delhi Hotels

• The Imperial

Few hotels in the world impress me in the way the Imperial did when I stayed here in Feb/Mar 2009...

• Taj Mahal Hotel

We stayed here three times during our trip to India. We were on the 10th, 3rd and 4th floors, in a...

• Oberoi New Delhi

I have been to the Oberoi but I did not stay overnight!! I had the opporunity to sample the Buffet...

Latest Delhi Hotel Reviews

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
The Imperial
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Instant Answers: Delhi

Comments

Delhi What to Pack

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Delhi locals.
Map of Delhi