Know about this?
Karol Bagh Child Urchins
When visiting Karol Bagh, one should be aware of certain things. Because of the fact that it is the largest market in the entire city, it gets a good deal of customer traffic. Which means plenty of children/youth beggars. As one other traveler has suggested, if you give money to a SINGLE child, be prepared to give to all of their friends because they will literally surround you and make you contribute.
We went down the WEA Road, just a few blocks to a professional's office. My friend gave a few coins to an adolescent girl who asked for it, but instead of leaving she followed us all the way to the office, and then denied she was given anything and requested more. Upon seeing us enter the professional's office, she sat in front of it and waited for us to come out. She remained for fifteen minutes and then finally left. By paying these kids, you think you are doing something about their lives but you arent. You are literally paying them to cut school and waste their time in public areas. They are VERY aggressive and not remotely afraid to touch you at a traffic light or anywhere, should you choose to use an autorickshaw. I didn't find this problem in any of the upper-class markets, perhaps because they are stricter there.
- Women's Travel
While staying in Pahaganj we saw some very young children, no more than 5 or 6, roaming the street dressed like circus performers, with instruments and doing cartwheels etc. They look very cute, but personally I don't think it's a good idea to give them money - if you have seen "Slumdog Millionaire" you'll probably understand why.
- Budget Travel
This little girls are beggars.
If you feel sympathy, so
give money to just one..you have to your money to all beggars in that area..
sometimes , you have to control your sympathy..^^
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Delhi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Gasparilla Island Hotels
- Kochi Hotels
- Vernazza Hotels
- Madrid Hotels
- Key West
- Safe and less than safe areas
- Vancouver Warnings and Dangers
- Athens Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Panamá City Warnings and Dangers
- Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- Estes Park Warnings and Dangers
- Cape Verde Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- Positano Warnings and Dangers
- Albania Warnings and Dangers
- Bucharest Warnings and Dangers