Know about this?
When I first arrived in Delhi in early November, it was hazy with a kind of smokey, misty, polluted atmosphere. It was fine and dry, mind, but as you can see by the photo's of Connaught Place, when I arrived back in March everything was much clearer. Delhi also suffers from bad fog during December and January. In fact when I flew back to delhi after travelling to Calcutta and Orissa, my flight was delayed because of it.
The summer months- May to July, can be very hot and dry. July and August see the Moonsoon rains set in and cool down things a bit, however, this brings with it much humidity.
The best months to visit Delhi are November to March. Though January is quite chilly- and temperatures can go down as low as 1 degree cel on some days.
- Adventure Travel
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
those foggy days...
Delhi may not exactly conjure up visions of winter. There is however, a period that lasts anything between two to four weeks between end december and the first half of january, when the temperatures take a nosedive.
Flights are often delayed, and visibility is poor for much of the time.
The days temperatures in celsius, range between 15 degrees maximum and 3 degrees minimum.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Delhi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lake George
- Temperance River State Park Hotels
- Marco Island Hotels
- Old Chelsea Hotels
- Pennsylvania Hotels
- Genoa Warnings and Dangers
- Antigua and Barbuda Warnings and Dangers
- Agadir Warnings and Dangers
- Nepal Warnings and Dangers
- Boston Warnings and Dangers
- Izmir Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Warnings and Dangers
- Venice Warnings and Dangers
- Sunny Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Morelos Warnings and Dangers
- Gdansk Warnings and Dangers
- Dakar Warnings and Dangers