Know about this?
You may just laugh on the tip when you read it in your guide books, that be careful with some of the shoe-cleaners, those nasty ones, who have not got big and heavy stuffs to carry (so that they can run fast), because they can put sh*t on your shoe that they want to clean for double-triple price. We also laughed on it.
After like an hour in Delhi, at the Connaught Place one of us experienced it, which since then we call "The Palika Bazaar Incident". :|
It was a horrible thing that in the last couple of days we had to watch our shoes instead of looking around.
Another popular scam in Delhi...
Another popular scam in Delhi is when someone throws garbage or feces on your shoes while you're not looking, and then graciously offers to clean your shoes for a small fee. I witnessed this happen to a couple I was speaking with and advised them just to walk away and not encourage this behavior.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Delhi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Fort Walton Beach
- Nags Head Hotels
- Brampton Hotels
- Nairobi Hotels
- Kempas Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Bad neighborhoods
- Bronx Warnings and Dangers
- Johannesburg Warnings and Dangers
- Athens Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Santorini Island Warnings and Dangers
- Krakow Warnings and Dangers
- Cameroon Warnings and Dangers
- Ocho Rios Warnings and Dangers
- Ibiza Warnings and Dangers
- São Paulo Warnings and Dangers
- Quito Warnings and Dangers