New Delhi Transportation

by easterntrekker
    Waiting in the Rain
    by easterntrekker

Most Recent Transportation in New Delhi

• tourist drivers and car

by serrylaupa Written Apr 25, 2013

we hire tourist driver and car in new delhi very cheap and good car.the same package some anthore tourist office charg very high prize.if any one need car find on internet is very good way for you.beacuse some tourist office is not good.

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

First Class Train Delhi - Mumbai

by PeterVancouver Updated Jul 9, 2012

Rajdhani Express Delhi - Mumbai

In my opinion the Rajdhani Express is the train to catch from Delhi if you are travelling to Mumbai ,as it travels through the night arriving in Mumbai Central at around 08.30am the next day.

By India rail standards, the first class is fairly clean and booking allows you to have a private compartment as opposed to sharing and a curtain divider on most 2nd class carriages in India. It's other difference is that you have your own steward who will bring a more than adequate three course dinner although if you look european, you need to ensure that he brings you Indian food, as the European food served on the train is no where near as appetising. A English breakfast is also served prior to pulling into Mumbai, both of these meals are included in the price of the ticket. Unlike 2nd class, there is no problems with baggage as although the carriage does not have overhead racks, there is plenty of room especially for two people in the compartment as proving the bags are less than 12" thick they will go under the seats. The carriage locator is on the side of each carriage and names of all passenges and seating numbers are quickly stuck by the staff on each carriage door area.
    The cost of a ticket is approx $40.00 and it was obtained, together with our hotel booking, from STIC travel in advance for us, and brought to our hotel on our first day in Delhi as it can be quite time consuming to try and buy the tickets upon arrival in india and it is comforting to know you have a reserved compartment prior to arriving. With the advent of a number of low cost airlines in India, it can be cheaper to fly, than take a first class train ride, but when you factor in the fact that you get two good meals, served by your personal waiter, plus quite a comfortable room for the night, then the train wins over aeroplanes. In addition, you avoid the stress and waiting around at airports and have great views of Delhi and also of Mumbai the next morning, as the train arrives

• Trains

• Ramonq's Profile Photo

Metro to and from the airport

by Ramonq Updated Jul 6, 2012

This is a state of the art Metro train that will whisk you from the Indira Gandhi International airport to the city centre. Last stop is at New Delhi Metro. No more dealing with annoying taxi touts to get to the city. It is clean modern fresh and efficiently quick! Reasonably priced too at 80 rupees one way trip. (2012 prices)

• Great driver and trip organiser

by Adele551 Written Jun 27, 2012

I had a really short time in India, 2 weeks. I had been there before and found it a bit stressful organising train tickets and buses when I wasnt there for a long time. This time we hired our own driver and it made for a fabulous trip. If its something you would consider Id really recommend our driver Lucky or his company. He helped us so much with understanding Indian culture and just organising everything. Anyway their website is http://www.drivers-india.com/, worth a look.
    What an amazing country.

• SurojitG's Profile Photo

Exploring New Dehli, India on a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus

by SurojitG Written Jun 25, 2012

Delhi Tourism’s Hop on Hop off (HoHo) Bus service has been an unexplored gem for residents or tourists alike.

Horns blare as the Delhi traffic careens wildly along the road: buses packed with workers; motorbikes with one or two pillion passengers; brightly painted vans, with or without trailers; and auto-rickshaws weaving in and out of it all. But the blue Hop-On, Hop-Off bus arrives precisely on time, and we climb gratefully into its uncrowded, air‑conditioned interior.

We have already experienced the crush of the Metro, and negotiated the beggars, broken pavements, and would-be guides wanting to take us to the markets, as we walked around the streets on our own. Now it is time for some serious sightseeing, and we settle into our seats as the friendly on-board guide checks tickets and explains how the bus works. There are nineteen stops, she says, joining up the major sights of Old and New Delhi. You can stay on the bus and listen to the commentary, or get on and off as often as you like.

1 You can see the major historic and modern sights of the city in a relaxed and comfortable way
    2 Bus lanes allow you to beat the chaotic Delhi traffic
    3 Good for families, and anyone who is short of time for sightseeing
    4 The Hop-On, Hop-Off bus runs every day except for Monday.
    5 Tickets can be purchased online, on the bus, or at the Information Office on Baba Kharak Singh Marg, and are valid for two consecutive days.
    6 Buses depart from clearly marked stops at approximately 30 minute intervals.
    7 The bus tour offers an excellent orientation to an often-confusing city for first timers: You can always come back to your favorite sites for a more indepth look later.
    8 There is on board Guest relation executive to give you information about all the places in the route.
    8 Price of ticket Rs 300 ( as on 26- June, 2012 )

website: http://www.hohodelhi.com
    Customer care: +91-11-40940000
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hohodelhi

Here's a 6 min video, http://bit.ly/xytUSY -------- Click here to Watch

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Taxi from Airport

by jlanza29 Written Mar 4, 2012

Upon arriving in New Delhi, you land in a modern state of the art Terminal 3 ... as you exist the customs area .... on the far left there is a pre-paid taxi stand ... be ready with your address and show it to them and they give you a price ..... you pay them and they give you a voucher !!! VERY IMPORTANT .... that you DO NOT GIVE THIS VOUCHER TO ANYONE ... UNTIL YOU GET TO YOUR DESTINATION !!!!!!!! the voucher has the address your going to and a taxi stand number .... as soon as you exist the doors you get swarmed with touts ....ignore them and head to the middle isle and look for the number indicated on the voucher ...... the driver will insist that you give him the voucher.... DO NOT ... just show it to them !!!! the only way they get paid is you give them the voucher so hold on to it until you get to where you want to !!!!! The prices are cheap for Westerner's but scams are very well known ... do not let them tell you that you hotel burned down or that your hotel is no good !!!! it's all a scam ...... you can also take a new AC taxi with meter outside, but you run the risk of the driver running you all over town ......

Be on your game at the airport, if not you'll be taken for a ride !!!!

New Delhi Arrival

by easterntrekker Written Feb 5, 2012

A nice and modern airport .We filled in customs forms on the plane and it was an easy trip through Immigration. Lots of wickets open. We tried 4 AtM's before exiting the airport but none would take our card. Now we are setting out with no local currency. ( later on our second trip through the airport we see a Citibank ATM . Must have been too jet-legged to see it)There are alos Money Exchange counters

Our pre booked ride was a no show . There are lots of metered cabs outside and prepaid Taxis too . The prepaid yellow and black taxis are pretty beat up . We went with a Muru cab . They were really good.

• Women's Travel

Taxi From Airport

by easterntrekker Written Feb 5, 2012

Well guess what . Our Pickup was a no show. We decided to go with a Muru metered cab .
    The ride into Delhi from the airport took approximately 30 -40 minutes in traffic. The city was pretty dirty, smoky, lots of pollution and fires burning with little tent villages setup under overpasses and such, on the sides of the road, in ditches, many poor people herein Delhi. It was our first look at India and by first impressions, it was very Third World.

Cost to Hotel 450 rupees

The Golden Temple Train

Train to Sawai Madhopur
    I had booked the tickets online with Cleartrip .
    Well First Class has a whole other meaning when it comes to trains in India I guess. I wasn’t expecting alot but this proved to be even more doggy than expected. No matter though it was good to get out of the cold and we had a compartment for ourselves….maybe that’s where the first class kicks in.
    A guy came by about every 30 minutes offering , omlettes or sandwiches. We declined . When we first boarded the train there was a guy loosing everything he had eaten in the past day or so . We weren’t sure if the train food was to blame and decided to stick with our granola bars and bananas.

• Trains

The Nizamuddin Train station

Homeless on The Tracks

We paid 650 RPS to the hotel for the taxi, which was marked up double. We know this because the taxi at the airport was half what the hotel would have charged had he showed up.
    We headed out on time to The Nizamuddin Train station in Delhi. Good ride. All went well. Pretty hectic at the station. Very third world, lots of homeless type people all over the place. A little seedy but not as dangerous as you would at first percieve. Even though you standout, it is always better to become part of the flow rather than push your way around. Become part of the stream, grasshopper.

We headed up the steps to the station, passed our bags through the security machine which was crazy because it was unattended.lol.
    Pretty old and dusty place .We went to the ticketing area and found someone to tell us how the whole thing works! Interesting! Trying to tune our ears to the language and the dialectical English. We figured out which platform and train so we went to platform 1 in search of The Golden Temple to Rajastan. To make it even more confusing , we had to find out which seat we had reserved by checking a paper list of names on board by the train tracks. Finally we found our names and seats.
    We managed to find 3 people to help us on the platform, so we finally got to the place where we should be for our car it's a long train .We were in First Class Air Conditioned Coupe C.

• Singles

• Qcabs The Best way to book a cab in NewDelhi

by qcabs Written Sep 26, 2011

When i was planning a trip for delhi i used the services offered by www.qcabs.com. i hired my day outstation travel cab from this website and i was happy to recieve reliable driver and car options at the cheapest price. Driverss were really good and they talked good in english. they also provides women chauffers for the safety of women travellers which is a great service. i never really came across such cab company yet in india. it is indeed a great travel with Qcabs.

• Women's Travel

• Hire a Car!

by alureema Written Sep 25, 2011

When I came India I booked with Destination Services India!!!! they are so great because they have an America contact, who I called before i even left to talk about my trip and where I wanted to go!!! it was so easy, then when I got to india I met Mufeed who was my driver and he took us to india, translated, and really made our journey sooooo much better

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• HAVE TO USE DSI only way to travel!

• I love India and DSI

• Destination Servies India

Instant Answers: New Delhi

Comments

New Delhi Transportation

Reviews and photos of New Delhi transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Delhi sightseeing.