New Delhi Warnings and Dangers

• Your plane.  Are you at the same airport?
    Your plane. Are you at the same...
    by 850prc
    Crowds in Chandni Chowk
    by lynnehamman
    The temples on Chandi Chowk
    by NYTim

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in New Delhi

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

After midnight to the downtown!

by ukirsari Updated Aug 19, 2004

Security check tag at Delhi (c) ukirsari

Mostly, flight from abroad to Delhi landed around midnight. So be careful in pick up taxi. Use the service nearby exit gate which mentioned metered taxi. Describe your destination as clear as appears in address. And will be better added with your own map.

• melocoton13's Profile Photo

Every1s a Chancer

by melocoton13 Written May 16, 2004

I just hated how every1 was a chancer in India. if u go to the toilet theres some guy ther to collect money for maintainance no matter what kinda horrible state its in.
    the worst was at the airport when I was leaving. a guy came to my car with a trolley and the driver put my bags on it. this guy pushed the trolley bout 50m to the door of the terminal and asked for R100! ($2.50). I only had a R100 note but said Id give him R50 and he said he had no change and wanted me to go to a shop to get change. still feeling sick I was not going to do that so grabbed my trolley and walked off. then like magic the guy produced change for my R100. You just cant relax there for a second.

• Architecture

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

The airport terminal in New Delhi

by ChuckG Updated May 8, 2004

Warning: If you have a stopover, make sure it's not for many hours...

I was stuck at the airport from 1-8AM and the only thing I could do was to watch cricket on a TV. No shops, no nothing in one small room.

There a was a coffee stall though...I must have been his best customer ever ! Nescafe rocks !

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

New Dehli

by Luchonda Written Dec 5, 2003

Give me a light please !

It is in fact no danger - but even lightners are interesting for some people - the ask a light - and often forget to give it back !!
    I know it sounds silly - but i respect Indian people - they have to respect me aswell !!
    The picture is showing our guide - a great one !!

• Taxis/ Autos

by Bimalaggarwal Updated Apr 10, 2003

Most of the taxis/ Autos will overcharge you, or take you over a longer route if you look new to the place.
    I would advise you to take a pre-paid car / auto ( available at the main railway stations) .

There is absolutely no concept of tipping the drivers.

• l_joo's Profile Photo

Warning tip X

by l_joo Written May 10, 2005

Here is one of my contribution to VT tip readers, you have just been warned. Don't just walk and look at peoples, watch your steps too.

Instant Answers: New Delhi

Comments

New Delhi Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of New Delhi warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Delhi sightseeing.