New Delhi Warnings and Dangers

• Your plane.  Are you at the same airport?
    Your plane. Are you at the same...
    by 850prc

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in New Delhi

• orchid1949's Profile Photo

Poop

by orchid1949 Written Aug 28, 2010

Walking around Cannaught Place can be joyful but for us we had bad experience. Just 2 days ago as walikng through the garden over Palika complex we did not pay attention to what would happen. Suddenly, a man pointed to the right shoe of my son showing the big yellow poop. They claimed it was from a bird and said the shoe shiner was there. He started cleaning the shoe and asked for 500 rupees. Another man came interfere telling us not to give him as 500 too much, just only 200. I told him to go away as not his business and I would nego myself. I only gave him 20 rupees and told him that he offered the service for cleaning for us, we did not ask him to and we went away. The shoeshiner dared said that it was a lucky day for us and it did not fall on the head, but the shoe.

• India - Tattoo helps

by Tattoo1 Updated Mar 7, 2011

Me and my friends who have tattoos covered all over our bodies was useful. No one bothering us or want to sell something or even want to come near us as they went scary and walked away from us. So if you got tattoos show them!

• yobei's Profile Photo

Cancelled Train Scam

by yobei Written Jul 20, 2012

While catching our train from New Delhi to Agra, a man who was posing as someone who worked at the train station told us our train was cancelled. He informed us that we could book the next train at 7:10 (except that the office didn't open until 8:00). He then gave us the address of a travel agent and we took a taxi there. The travel agent told us that the 7:10 train was full and charged us $200 for a taxi, which was way overpriced. It turned out that our train wasn't even cancelled. This was all a huge scam that everyone was in on.

• Trains

• yobei's Profile Photo

Indian Gold Scam

by yobei Written Jul 20, 2012

Some of the Jewelry Stores (even those that seem reputable) sell a mix of solid and plated gold at a 22K price. I bought a bracelet and a ring from the same store. The bracelet turned out to be solid gold, while the ring was plated. The reason I know this is because the jewelry store Tanishq has a machine that tests the gold. They put the piece in and the reading will show on the screen after the scan. I took the plated ring back for a refund, and the seller tried to argue that the results were thrown off because the ring was resized with a lower carat gold. I didn't believe anything he said, because the machine read the average gold in the whole piece of jewelry. Luckily, he gave me a refund without having me fight the charge on the credit card. I would recommend paying for all gold on credit card and having it checked on the machine at Tanishq.

• fake tourist infromation in n block

by serrylaupa Written Mar 20, 2013

we use sarvice in center tour and travels ( c t t)this office in n block connaght place.is fake one.he charg big amont with us.my trip is golden triangle with my driver babu.he is very old company driver. he tell me this is not real office.but sarvice is very good here.before he say to me is real tourist office (when we side seen in delhi with him).
    we just say plz take care this office and all driver saff.and he make big commison in jaipur when we buy anything in shop.so i spand lot my hard money in the commison.TAKE CARE

• l_joo's Profile Photo

Warning tip X

by l_joo Written May 10, 2005

Here is one of my contribution to VT tip readers, you have just been warned. Don't just walk and look at peoples, watch your steps too.

Instant Answers: New Delhi

Comments

New Delhi Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of New Delhi warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Delhi sightseeing.