Bali Restaurants

My 1st meal in Bali, 2011
    look colorful, taste delicious
    quite a big dining hall

Most Recent Restaurants in Bali

• Cuca Restaurant: Obsessed with Crispy Chicken and Bali Breakfast!

by Angela89 Written Nov 23, 2013
    Bali Breakfast

I went there last week with a couple of friends. Ambience is really good to relax and chat with friends. They play lounge music and not really loud so it will not disturb you. Has a really nice garden lounge and they open until midnight! Staff are really nice and attentive.
    Crispy chicken is really tasty and served in nicely decorated plate.

Favorite Dish: Heard this restaurant from Trip Advisor and interested to try its famous Tapas and Dessert. The dessert is really unique! I tried " Bali Breakfast". It looks like a porridge with an egg yolk on top of it, but it is actually a mixture of yogurt with a mango puree formed like an egg yolk!Totally genius!

• Beaches

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Ultimo: Great italian food

by johnaalex Written Sep 12, 2013

Definitely one of the best Italian resturants on Bali. I would also suugest a visit to Rumours, a nearby bar owned by the same people, for a pre dinner drink.

This place does get busy and rightly so, best to book a table.

Favorite Dish: The signature wagyu beef steak was wonderful to eat - FILETTO DI MANZO AL BARBARESCO
    200 Gr US WAGYU MB 6-7 Tenderloin Steak Served w/ Steam Baby Asparagus, Ultimo Potato & Reduced Italian Red Wine Sauce. The saltimbocca was also very good but made with beef rather than veal.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Potato Head Beach Club: Potato Head Beach Club

by Bob_Shan Written Aug 1, 2013

A large set up by the Kuta beach, has 3 restaurants, French, Asian/Indonesian, International (American). The best is Asian but you probably need to book a table weeks in advance.

The restaurant has a pool and loud music during dinner time especially at the American dinning area - almost a night club instead of a restaurant.

Given the popularity of the place, worth to try at least once.

Favorite Dish: I only got a table at the American dinning area, food are generally acceptable but not recommended.

The DULANG Cafe' and Bakery: Bali, Western food or a beer

by DaHongHua Written Apr 25, 2013

The DULANG menu

We purposely went to this cafe for dinner and we were not disapointed. There are seating available on the walkway and inside the cafe' and we chose to sit in the restaurant. The centre roofing of the cafe' is designed in a way with fire phoenix flower and open air roof probably is to invite good fortune or good fengshui. I see some customers just order beer and gathering. The menu book even has Chinese charactor to ease Chinese tourists. I enjoy eating here.

Favorite Dish: The Gordon Blue Chicken

The Seafood Market - Jl Pantai Kuta: Seafood in Kuta

by DaHongHua Written Apr 24, 2013

the price is listed

Other than Jimbaran beach, you can find lots of seafood restaurant in Kuta.
    The Kuta Seafood Market is one I passed by but I did not dine in. I just took some photos for sharing. The price list shown the current seafood price, you may choose the cooking mathod you prefer. The seafoods displayed and the welcoming waiter invite you to enter their restaurant.

The Made's Warung: This restaurant is always busy

by DaHongHua Updated Apr 24, 2013

A view from the upper floor

Many bloggers and tourists websites have recomended this restaurant so this restaurant is in our must do list in 2011. While walking on the Kuta street to look for the restaurant, we actually passed by a few restaurant which they are not crowded.
    Although the time was 2pm, the restaurant was full. We have to wait for a short while to be seated. Our 1st order was denied due to sold out. We ordered Gado-Gado, fried noodle and the blended fruit juice, which we have known drinking fruit juice in Bali is always a better choice than drinking water.
    It was a late lunch, we enjoy the meal, in a well decorated restaurant, hot and noisy restaurant. We relax ourselve to gain the enjoyment.

Pawon Pasundan - Kuta: The Sunda Cook

by DaHongHua Written Apr 17, 2013

quite a big dining hall

This was our first experience eating in Bali. Our Bali driver brought us to this restoran. We got a warm welcome while arrival and the language is rather different although we speak Malay language. The dining hall and table are well decorated with Indonesian and Sunda style I presume according to the cooking sytle writen on the menu book.
    We were hungry and added hungry when read on the menu on the delicious food photos.
    About 5 tables were with customers, most of them were local from the way their wearings and talking.
    The cooking was not fast, we have to wait for 30 minutes, but the food was above our expectation, just we were not used to it, eating raw vege in Indonesian style.

• jinbaran cafe: ikiteru sakana wa ichiban desu

by nicolasandre Written Jan 4, 2013

sekkaku bali ni kita node kochira no mise ni tabenai to zettai imi ga nai desu,sunahama de gohan o tabemasu node beach kirei shi yuhi mo miraremasu hontouni mansoku shimashita.

Favorite Dish: ikiteru sakana(all seafood)

• Business Travel
    • Adventure Travel

• RAVINDRAN72's Profile Photo

Glorious Food at Jalan Legian

by RAVINDRAN72 Updated Nov 9, 2012

If you are around kuta beach/ Legian area , you can have good food at bargain prices along the shops at jln legian. our hotel was at matahari bunglow and so we had most of our lunch/dinner nearby. Certainly a place to dine at before you leave this area. Some restraunts are posh but prices still reasonable 45,000 - 50000 for main course. So Bon Appetit !

Favorite Dish: The food especially nasi goreng(fried rice) in all their versions e.g seafood were done well with fresh ingredients and spices, prices ranged from 20,000 - 30000 depending on the decor and setup.

• TheBestOfBali's Profile Photo

Ju-Ma-Na: A must do in Bali!

by TheBestOfBali Written Jul 6, 2012

Ju-Ma-Na entrance

Perched high on Bali's southernmost cliff, Banyan Tree Ungasan's signature restaurant serves a gourmet feast of delectable fresh seafood with an Asian twist. Ju-Ma-Na is a unique addition to Bali's culinary scene, with its novel cuisine, impeccable service and dramatic views of the Indian Ocean.
    The bar is ideal for drinks at sunset or a tête-à-tête post-dinner. Enjoy a whiff of the aromas coming through a shisha pipe, as well as a wide selection of snacks and beverages in-line with the bar's Arabic ethos.

Favorite Dish: Wagyu No.9 Duo
    Black Miso Cod and Seared River Prawn
    70% Valrhona Grand Cru Soft Chocolate Cake
    ...

• Wine Tasting

• CasCades Restaurant: CasCades is pure yummy!

by MaloneyC Written Jun 3, 2012

If you appreciate good service just come here. This place is just fabulous. I ordered grilled tuna which was amazing. For dessert I had espresso chocolate fondant. All the wine selections were great. CasCades is pure yummy, delicious food is worth paying for.

Favorite Dish: Grilled tuna

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Grand Puncak Sari: Avoid at all Costa

by easterntrekker Written Aug 11, 2011

View was the only good part

This apparently is on the agenda of all tour and drivers. The idea is to have lunch with a with of the volcano. Avoid it at all costs. There are lots of nice little restaurants in the surrounding villages and this is a big tourist dollar grab. Lunch is “buffet” costing 120000 IDR plus tax which is about 3 times the price of a typical lunch and worst of all it was barely edible! Later I discovered some people were charged as high as 250000 IDR and others as low as 90000 IDR . It seems to being dependant on the commission paid to the drivers. The bathrooms are filthy . The good news is we didn’t get sick.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Ibu Oka Babi Guling at Ubud: Simply the greatest pork dish in the world.....

by tan1415 Updated Jul 9, 2011

Finding the best porkdish in the world in one of the biggest Moslim Countries in the world is what makes Bali and Indonesia such unique places.

Bali of course is not a moslim island. And as such one of it's most famous local dishes is "Babi Guling" aka roast pig on a spit.
    They roast a WHOLE pig on an open fire like in the asterisk comics. As such a lot of restaurants offer it, even hotel buffets gives this

Favorite Dish: Just a warning: like everything in bAli...success means expansion. Sadly it doesnt mean that the quality of the food expands as well.

This year i visited Ibu Oka. This time was shown to eat at Ibu Okas House. It has turned into a quite nice restaurant. Sadly the food is not as good. Quite dissappointing in fact. The normally crisp pig skin ...was actually soft and quite hard. i guess the turnover here is not as high as iat the old place and as a result the food is not as fresh.

So if you come here....better wait in line at the old place...than head to the new place. Even though the new place is much nicer and fancier.

Terribly dissappointed

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Stadium Cafe: Stadium Cafe

by Cathy&Gary Updated Apr 4, 2011

Stadium Cafe

We have been to the Stadium Cafe many many times, its a fantastic sports bar located out the front of the Ramayana Hotel.

Everytime we have been there during our last 3 trips to Bali, the staff have remembered our names and what we drink.

We were there for the AFL Grand Final in 2004 and it was packed. There are 3 huge giant screens plus many more large screen televisions.

This is the perfect place to sit, have a cold drink and a snack and people watch, they make the best ice lemon teas in Bali.

Food and drinks are very reasonably priced and we highly recommend the Stadium Sport's Bar. Also try their Breaded Calamari, it's the best!!

• Beer Tasting

• sybille's Profile Photo

Mozzarella Restaurant: Saturday Night (or any night really) at Mozzarella

by sybille Updated Aug 1, 2010
    The lead singers of the band

I am not quite sure how many times I have eaten at Mozzarella, but what I am sure about is the fact that I have always enjoyed my meals. What makes this a great place for a night out is the combination of the high quality of the food, in my opinion the best restaurant staff in Bali, good live music on Saturday nights, and the reasonable prices. What more could you want? When I eat at home I usually stick to local food, so when coming to Mozzarella I really enjoy their western food, which makes for a nice change.

Favorite Dish: I liked all the dishes I have had at Mozzarella, but my favourite is probably the Grilled Mahi-Mahi, simply heavenly! On the other hand, my friends love the Spare Ribs, which they consider to be "the best ever". The Pasta Dishes also have their fans, and my local friends quite often have a Nasi Campur or Mie Goreng and are happy with that as well.

Instant Answers: Bali

Comments

Bali Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bali restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bali sightseeing.