Beaches, Bali

• KUTA BEACH LOOKING NORTH A VERY FLAT SURF THIS DAY
    KUTA BEACH LOOKING NORTH A VERY FLAT...
  • ANOTHER BALI STREET SCENE  SOME LOCAL GRAFITTI
    ANOTHER BALI STREET SCENE SOME LOCAL...
    SO MANY BOARDRIDERS HERE
  • meiyergani's Profile Photo

KUTA BEACH

by meiyergani Updated Mar 15, 2007

Kuta beach-Bali, Indonesia

Strolling along the beach lines is an unforgettable experience, Kuta beach is one of Bali tourist spot, in a good weather one can enjoy surfing or just swimming, in the afternoon one can see beautiful panorama of sunset

• Surfing
    • Beaches

• Phavida's Profile Photo

Snorkellingggg...at Tulamben.

by Phavida Written Feb 10, 2007

It was my first time of snorkelling in Bali.
    I did it in Tulamben everyday when I was there,,and will never forget.
    'Cause of I saw Black tip sharks there for my first snorkelling, was quite nice.
    Also lion fish, sea snake and etc.
    Drop off & wreck is only 5-10 metres from the shore.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• malbella's Profile Photo

Chop-chop Shopping

by malbella Updated Jan 4, 2007

legian art market

Legian Art Market....yup,yup,yup....plenty of T-shirts.....nice fragipani printed sarongs.....beach dressers.

I found a shop full of belts and accessories by the roadside abt 5 mins walk from legian art market !...woohoo! shop owner and his staff were very friendly. As usual you would want to bargain for your stuff. Better still if you are buying a few numbers of an item, i bet u sure can get them ard half the price from the actual quoted. So happy bargaining.

• feva-feva's Profile Photo

Bali Buggy Tour

by feva-feva Updated Nov 2, 2006

Us with our Buggy tour guides

This tour was one of the highlights of my trip to Bali. The tour guides ( Godai and Hue) are very friendly and informative. You can find information about the tour at any tourist office. The tour basically consists of driving a buggy on paved and unpaved roads through rice fields, small villages, and temples. The scenery was amazing. Children from the surrounding communities would run out into the roads to wave to us as we zipped through their quaint little villages. The enitre tour lasted 3 hours and included lunch and coffee. A definite on any trip to Bali. Skip a couple of hours at the beach. You won't regret it!

• Adventure Travel

• explorer001's Profile Photo

Temples, temples and more temples

by explorer001 Written Sep 28, 2006

Inside the Besakih temple

I must admit that the beaches in Tuban or Kuta are not the best you can find in Bali. The only other option for me is to dip into the swimming pool ...

We booked ourselves on a 1-day tour to several places...

Batik factory
    There are many batik factories around the area (I'm lousy with names) and most of them have 'backyard' batik processing facilities.

Silver+Gold factory
    Nothing to share here. They are selling uninteresting, overpriced goods (I don't even know the market price to start with !! ha ha).

Art gallery
    Local artists who couldn't sell their paintings elsewhere. They were so desperate that they are willing to lower the price, however, we are not into paintings, therefore - Sorry mate!!

Mount Batur - Volcano area !! .
    The drive up the scenic hill was fantastic. Along the way there are plenty of restaurants overlooking the volcano. We stopped at one of the restaurants at one of the higher spots and had a magnificent view. Lunch was OK, a bit pricey.

Temples along the way.
    One of the temple names that I remember is the Besakih temple (the locals called it as the Mother temple). It was built around the 5th century! and the view is awesome.
    We had to wear 'sarongs' in order to get into all the temples.

Tips: If you wear long pants/jeans, you do not need to hire the sarongs.

• cokes's Profile Photo

Dreamland Beach

by cokes Written Aug 13, 2006

Thanks to DidiBeachBum I went and checked it out and to my suprise I must say dreamland beach is beautiful and the waves is excellent. So if you love surfing and bodyboarding then this surely should be a stop for you. There is some beautiful houses thats still under contruction here and when our taxi stopped I was like what. Is this really dreamland beach but when I walk to the edge of the land...wow I love just love what I was seeing. I went down to the bottom and I must say Thanks Didi...What a good recommendation. Its a pitty I didn`t get to see the sunset here as I hear the sunset here is very beautiful as well.

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

Cocktails at The Legian Hotel

by balisunshine Updated Dec 9, 2005

Feeling like a million dollars at The Legian

There comes a time,
    every here and then,
    where I indulge in
    a little bit of self pampering.

One of my favorite treats
    is to have a coffee or a cocktail
    at the Legian Hotel.

With a spectacular beach front view,
    of one of those inspiring sunsets,
    this is the place where I like to go.

Prices are a bit steeper here
    than most other places,
    but you know what?

I'm worth it.
    And I am sure,
    so are you.

So kick back,
    take sip,
    feel like a million dollars
    and enjoy!

• Luxury Travel

• putri_jogja's Profile Photo

Suluban Beach

by putri_jogja Updated Jan 25, 2011

me and the beach

visit Suluban Beach. Clear water, white sand.
    It is not far from Uluwatu temple.
    prepare your swim suit.

• Beaches

• Chellenz's Profile Photo

shopping in kuta discovery mall

by Chellenz Written Jan 13, 2008

view at lunch

we enjoyed shopping here more the food court upstairs so cheap and all indo/malay food so good and the view is nice of kuta beach, Next to kartika plaza in kuta.

Instant Answers: Bali