Fun things to do in Bali

• Rice Terrace
  • Rice Terrace
    our cheerful Balinese Driver - Norman

Most Viewed Things to Do in Bali

Green Turtle Sanctuary

by meiyergani Written Apr 4, 2007

Green turtles in Bali is one of an endanger wild life, because the peoples do the hunting and get the animals for the consumption. Recently, the animal lover society have a serious attention to save the green turtles from an extinction, thence after the sanctuay for green turtle was established, on of this is at Nusa Dua. So don't miss to se the turtle sanctuary if you visit Bali or Nusa Dua

Turtle SanctuaryNusa Dua Bali Moe thein (myanmar), Nguyen Thi Dung(Vietnam)
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

A Great Statue of GarudaWisnuKencana

by meiyergani Written Aug 19, 2007

It was a big Statue in Bali, with its height 156 meters, probably the highest statue in the world? i am not so sure, the statue is still under construction and is the art works of Balinese artist I. Nyoman Nuarta, what we seen now is an incomplete one, so if you come to Bali, don't miss to see the statue.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Theme Park Trips

Kelungkung Semarapura-Eastern part of Bali

by meiyergani Written Aug 18, 2007

Klungkung is a welknown place at the Eastern Part of Bali, and now also called as Semarapura. A popular place worth to visit in Klungkung are Taman Kertha Gosa, Bale Kambang and Monument Puputan at the Klungkung mainstreet

Klungkung City Center and Kertha Gosha
    • Archeology

Nature

by Tripack Updated Jan 16, 2012

Bali is a very fertile island thanks to irrigation and volcanic soil. Nature is generous and you will be able to taste some nice exotic sweet fruits as the snake fruit (the scaly skin is like a snake) or the smelly but tasty durian. Enjoy the scenery.

Rice fields Gitgit water
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

Rafting - refreshing adventure

by Tripack Updated Jan 23, 2012

I really enjoy rafting since my great Australian rafting expecience on the Tully river. So Bali offer me another opportunity to ride 16km of white water on Telagawaja river with numerous rapids and small waterfall... what an exhilarating and refreshing adventure. No timeout during 2 hours as you will need to paddle, reverse paddle, bump, scream, laugh, fishing some overboard paddler as I did... no worries you will be safe with your experienced and very professional guide. At the end you will be rewarded by a last uphill walk accross rice fields before taking a warm shower at the camp base and enjoying a large buffet to retreive forces.

So let's go rafting!

Ready to paddle! Shower time! Rafting in the jungle! The camp base
    • Rafting
    • Water Sports
    • Kayaking

Dive Now!

by Tripack Updated Jan 15, 2012

Balinese underwater world is amazing. Around Bali you will find some great diving spot as Kubu, Tumlaben, US Liberty wreck, Amed, Blue Lagoon, Padang BaiNusa, Shark Point, Candidasa, Nusa Penida, Manta Point...

Colorful soft coral garden contrast with the black volcanic sand and impressive volcanic walls (called drop off) full of marine life. My great day & night dives let me meet many of locals as anemone, clams, ringed piperfish, scorpion fish, blue spotted stingray, puffer fish, nudibranch, clown "Nemo" fish, lion fish, box fish, pigmy seahorse, trumpet fish, garden eel, bird wrasse, angel fish, octopus, cattle fish, moray, barraccuda, spider crab, orang outan shrimp, arlequin shrimp, humphead parrot fish, napoleon, mola mola (sunfish), manta and even an unexpected swordfish!

The "cleaning station" at the house reef of my resort was one of my favourite dive... just let your hand be taken care by dozens of little friendly shrimps for a free funny and tickle mancure ;-)

So Dive now, work later ;-)

Tumlaben area Kubu area
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• DennyP's Profile Photo

VISIT ULUWATU

by DennyP Updated Sep 10, 2011

When I was staying in south of Bali in Kuta Beach just after my arrival I was advised that a good place to visit was The Hindu Temple at Aluwatu..I decided along with two friends that it was really cheap to get a taxi on a "day hire" the rate was very inexpensive...also we could stop along the way and see other places of interest...here also the Taxi driver was not only helpful but great company..The cost for the day was very inexpensive divided three ways and also the hire rate will depend on your bargaining skills.The large Hindu Temple of Uluwatu is located precariously on the cliff top and makes for a wonderful photograph.
    When at the Temple there is a modest entry fee and that is for the hire of a "sarong" that ALL visitors must wear at the temple.There also is a small fee for entry to the site and also for the guide who will show you the various points of interest and who carries a slingshot to scare off the troublesome monkeys that are in abundance here...

A word of WARNING here also to be very careful of the monkeys here..they will jump at you and steal anything that they can quickly grab and then run off with...so..hats,sunglasses, jewelry,wrist watches,cameras, ANYTHING.. and also their favourite is your thongs (The rubber footwear type)..these animals also are very aggressive and they bite..be very careful as some have rabies..if bitten seek immediate medical attention..

THE TEMPLE ON THE CLIFFTOP THE CLIFF WALK TO THE TEMPLE AND FIREDANCE HAVE A COLD REFRESHING COCONUT MILK DRINK ONE OF THE MAIN OFFENDERS.. SO MANY MONKEYS HERE...BE VIGILANT..
    • Architecture

• Chellenz's Profile Photo

flying, jumping, climbing with Miss T

by Chellenz Updated Jan 11, 2008

So we decided to go to the Bali tree tops rope course & when we arrived we were so excited & we were not disapointed. We got our gear & off we went climbed up & did the medium level thanks to the smart guy that said we could start there...oh well off we went. all the Drivers were down the bottom laughing & joking as there guests sweat, struggled & made there way around the course. As I climbed up the ladder all was good thinking this will be fun got halfway up and got to a lose step and was like ooohhh maybe not a good idea...so stupid if I was a kid I wouldn't even care...damn common sense well i kept going and so glad I did. Got through the first one the easy one got to the 2nd one half way through I look down and say to Suka stop laughing its not funny I don't know that this was such a good idea....as I look at the end of this one I see a flying fox oh yeah baby bring it on....off I went to get to my flying fox... hooked on my carabeanas and my pully and off I went so much fun. Continued on we went through swinging log things clambered across climbing nets but the best part was the adrenalin and the flying foxs. The funniest thing was when Miss T said to me just grab the net with your feet at the end of the flying fox...well the last one she missed the net and ended up having to pull herself up with her hands if I was on the ground already I would have rolled around laughing but I was still climbing down!! Was a great time and would do it again...Got the best bruise every and laughed myself silly...well worth a try if you can do it!

just finshed and getting off the net. Miss T just finished the course. me flying....lol holding on man talk about feel the burn..lol Thats the way miss T Hold on.
    • National/State Park

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

Healing in Bali

by balisunshine Written Mar 4, 2008

With Bali’s mystical powers,
    you might just get the urge
    to do a little good for yourself.

A cleanse?
    Or a DETOX
    to refresh yourself internally?
    Why not?

After a few consultations,
    and following the advice
    on holistic remedies
    of a local nutritionist,
    I myself am so thankful
    for the wonderful improvements
    that I feel and see in my health
    and on my body.

Not only have I witness and lived
    a major weight loss, glowing skin,
    and an improvement on my health issues,
    but I have also witnessed a friend of mine,
    cure herself of a tumor of which
    the western doctors had advised her to operate on.

A large part of the treatment is based on nutrition
    and another part on holistic remedies.

Despite on how intense you want to go for it,
    you will definitely walk out of the consultation
    learning and understanding a lot more
    about how your body relies on good nutrition.

You will also learn how to replace
    the bad habits with good ones.

Consultations with Liat Solomon
    at the time of my visit
    cost 600,000 Rp and last 2-3 hours.

I feel soooo good!!!

Temple

by Tripack Updated Jan 16, 2012

On the shore of Lake Bratan at 1'200m above sea level (Bedugul area), you will find the stunning "floating" Pura Ulun Danu Bratan (Lake Bratan Temple). This temple was built in 1663 and devoted to the water goddess Dewi Danu.

An small entrance fee is requested to visit the temple.

Lake Bratan Temple
    • Architecture

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

Learning Bahasa

by balisunshine Written Dec 21, 2005

If you plan to do business
    construct or live here,
    to avoid getting frustrated
    or to just communicate,
    learning Bahasa could be
    a good thing to learn.

Here is some of the contacts I have collected.
    They include schools and private teachers.

A preffessional school that
    offers English and Bahasa is:
    IALF
    Prices are not cheap, but…
    IALF

Bali International Language Academy
    offers a 25 hour module based
    classes done at their school.
    They also give classes at your premises.

Tel. 0361-720305

E-mail: esa_aetc@yahoo.com

Pak Gusti
    Practical Indonesian
    Extensive Experience teaching
    Indonesian as a foreign language
    Has references from the British University.
    Tel. 081 797 70782

• Study Abroad

• DennyP's Profile Photo

VISIT THE HARD ROCK CAFE BALI

by DennyP Written Sep 13, 2011

Right across the road from the Northern end of Kuta beach is The Hard Rock Cafe Bali easy to see with the large guitar that stands out front....being a really hot day this was just the place for a cold beer and as I always do my best to visit any Hard Rock Cafe in any city wherever I may be.
    This was on my list of things to do here in Kuta Beach....as usual with any Hard Rock Cafe the staff are always extremely courteous and after a quick chat I exchanged a few spare "Sydney" guitar pins that I was carrying for that reason...The bar here has a huge wooden guitar above the bar and is the standout when you walk in although at the moment under renovation I think the interior is going to be changed somewhat..There is a large amount of musical memorabilia located within the dining and bar area and as is the case with all Hard Rocks, they certainly have their share of some great memorabilia on display here...I took many photos and then visited the Rock Shop to buy my Bali Hard Rock Cafe guitar pin for my collection.

HARD ROCK  BALI THE HARDROCK GUITAR OUTSIDE THE HRC BALI THE ELVIS COLOURED GLASS MURAL BEHIND THE STAGE HARD ROCK BIG GUITAR  REALLY STANDS OUT BY NIGHT. HAVING A HIT OUT ON THE DRUM KIT ON THE STAGE HRC
    • Museum Visits

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Mock food and beverages, they are so real

by DaHongHua Written Feb 7, 2014

Walking along the Kuta town on the street, I was attractted by the 3D mock food and beverages display on the shelf, they look so real to attract your eyes and your saliva, and you are invited to their dining hall.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Celuk for Silver

by easterntrekker Written Aug 9, 2011

Next on our agenda was a stop at Celuk , known for its gold and silver works. We visited three of the seemingly hundreds of manufacturers/shops.

For years Celuk was known as the place where craftsmen made bowls for religious ceremony in silver leave called " bokoran " It wasn’t however until the 1930s when gold and silversmiths arrived in Celuk.

The work they do is wonderful. Many of the designs are truly unique. The prices listed are automatically reduced by 50% and a bit more can be had with a bit of haggling .

I bought a silver and pearl set of earrings with a beautiful intricate design for $28.00. My favorite shop was Semadi Gold and Silver

Buying Silver Silver Artisan
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

The Wood Carvers of Mas

by easterntrekker Written Aug 11, 2011

Mas
    The village of Mas lies on the main road, 20 km to the north of Denpasar and 6 km before Ubud. The village is known for its wood carvers. We’ve seen many wood carvers throughout our travels but these are some of the best. We fell in love with a wall hanging of an intricately carved forest scene with elephants and gods. But after much discussion we decided against it as we were unsure which wood was used. Canada has very strict laws regarding importing exotic wood. One thing to note is the various colours have to do with the shade of shoe polish being used. Don’t pay extra for “mahogany” or “ebony”.

Exotic Carvings

Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak, Indonesia

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Couples

• Mumbul Guesthouse

Gang Mumbul, Anturan, Bali 81156, Indonesia (Formerly Pondok Wisata Mumbul)

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

• Bali Cliff Resort

So sad to find out the Bali Cliff Resort has been demolished, there is nothing left of it. The bare...

Latest Bali Hotel Reviews

Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali
Latest: Jul 19, 2014
Bali Cliff Resort

Instant Answers: Bali

Comments

Bali Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Bali locals.
Map of Bali