Kuta Transportation

• LotusV8's Profile Photo

Take a cab

by LotusV8 Written Sep 23, 2004

Dipas cab

It is cheap to go by a cab, try to find a nice cabdriver and use him during your holiday, you could expect to pay 350000 Rupiah for a day (12 hours).
    I had the great oppertunity to meet mr Dipa Dewa, Taxi no 099 from the company Kowinu Bali, all their cabs are golden so they are easy to recognice.
    Mr Dipa drove us around all over Bali and he was an exellent guide, he also invited us to his home where we met his wonderful wife and pretty daughters. Give him a call and I can guarantee that your stay at Bali will be somthing extra. Ask for cab no 099 if you call his company Kowinu Bali

• Adventure Travel

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Bluebird Taxi

by victorwkf Written Jan 13, 2006

Bluebird Taxi at Kuta, Bali

If you need to take a taxi while at Kuta, I suggest you take the Bluebird Taxi (see photo) as these taxis are safer and more reliable when it come to taxi fare. There are other taxis but try not to take them if possible.

• Business Travel

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

rent a car

by ukirsari Updated May 3, 2006

ukirsari in front of katana by rika eridani

kuta-legian-seminyak area is accessible by foot. but the best way to exploring places nearby is using car or motorcycle. since you can go further to the neighbour areas like denpasar and kuta. my latest trip with my best friend rika, we rent suzuki katana idr100,000 per day and bring along city map. it's nice and interesting. but you can hire a driver also and tell your own itinerary.

• Women's Travel

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

almost per hour

by ukirsari Written May 3, 2006

my baby in garuda indonesia flight (c) ukirsari

there are many flight available from jakarta and singapore to destination denpasar, provincional city of bali. such as garuda indonesia [jakarta and surabaya], adam air [jakarta], lion air [jakarta and surabaya] and valuair [singapore]. choose the coolest schedule to fly by your own. my fave goes to fly by night or the evening. less hectic from jakarta and nice time whenever landed at i gusti ngurah rai airport. and kuta only 15 - 30 minutes from this airport.

• Adventure Travel
    • Surfing

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

DRIVER WITH DISTINCTION

by Onedragon Updated Apr 4, 2011

HAVING A DRIVER TO TAKE YOU AROUND BALI IS THE WAY TO GO..ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHERE TO GO AND THEY DON'T GET LOST AND WASTE TIME TRYING TO GET BACK ON THE PATH...ALSO THEY KNOW THE PLACE AND CULTURE. .THE AMAZING AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ABOUT BALI IS INVALUABLE!!!!!
    PUTU ..THE DRIVER THAT TOOK ME MOST OF THE PLACES I WENT WAS SUPERB!! !!HE MADE IT FUN AND IT WAS A GREAT TIME HEARING HIS AMAZING EXPERIENCES OF BEING A DRIVER!!! : )
    HE CHARGES $40 A DAY!! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Bali airport

by victorwkf Written Jan 12, 2006

Airport at Bali, Indonesia

The best way to reach Bali is by airplane and many regional airlines (including budget airlines) fly here. One of the nice things about the Bali airport is that it is very near to the famous Kuta Beach and Denpasar town. Furthermore, it is situated just next to the sea which offers very good views when taking off or landing during a clear sunny day (see photos). Visit the travelogue section of this VT page if you want to see beautiful views of Kuta and surroundings from the air.

• freshia's Profile Photo

Take the cab

by freshia Written Aug 23, 2005

Most of the taxi in Kuta are running their meter. Most reliable company is Blue Bird. It's easier, faster and cheaper to take a cab everywhere. You can get around less than 10,000 rupiah within Kuta.
    If you like the taxi driver, you can ask him if you can hire him for the day or couple hours or ask his mobile nos so you can call him anytime you need a cab

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo

Moving around Kuta

by hassan_abu Written Nov 26, 2005

Kuta map

Moving around Kuta is really easy. You could take a walk from Hard Rock to Kuta Square and if you are tired you call always take the bluebird taxi which is charged according to the meter. If you decide to drive yourself, just take note that the roads are mainly one way, and it could just take a longer time to reach your destination than if you walk. Here is a map of Kuta if you decide to discover Kuta by yourself.

P.S. A bluebird taxi from Kuta Square to Hard Rock Hotel costs less than US$1.

• Reliable Driver Guide is your best bet

by gnarlyguy Written Jan 9, 2012

Edit Tip
    Bali Transportation: 243 reviews and 230 photos
    If you want to see Bali's hidden treasures, it's best to get a driver guide. Traffic in Bali is pretty hectic at most places so a local guide will know how to swerve around traffic and take shortcuts.

When I reached the airport, the first thing I did was grab as much free travel brochures and maps I could get my hands on. That was a bad mistake. We had such a headache deciding which of the tour package to go for. We had some tips already from friends who were there before so we knew the tours that was boring so we could avoid them.

I spent about 2 hours looking through all the spots and listing down the places we wanted to go. By that time it was getting dark and we didn't even leave the hotel yet. So I got online and searched for a driver guide. I went over to tripadvisor and also google and on most of the lists I found, this driver named Kadek kept on appearing on travelers reviews.

I'm a tech savvy person and I've learnt to make my decisions based on other's recommendation. Although they can be faked but when you keep seeing the same recommendations from several different people, you can be more or less sure that it's a good choice.

I dug deeper and found his website and phone number and gave him a call .... told him all the spots I wanted to visit and asked him to customize my very own private tour. His price was reasonable and he also sounded very knowledgable. We sealed the deal for the next morning and I went out for my food and a night of partying.

He arrived early the next morning waiting for me while we had our breakfast. Got in his car still half drunk, passed him my list and slept most of the way to the first stop. After the first stop, we sobered up a bit and started to talk to Kadek who explained their culture, people and religion. Since it was quite a bit of drive to get to another spot, I was well informed about everything I asked him.

He took me to places that were off the beaten track and it was well worth what I paid for. I then asked him to bring me to the best roast pig in Bali for lunch ... some more sight seeing and then to the hot springs. On the way, we saw excellent rock formations from larva which was unique to me.

He explained the local's farming and fishing lifestyle and I could understand that life near that part of the island is very much influenced by the flow of the larva from the volcano.

We then visited some temples and even saw some religious ceremony as we went thru a small town.

All in all it was a great day and I truly enjoyed his services.

This is his contact number if you're interested.

Bali Kadek
    +62 818343378

• Festivals

• Bali Kadek Private Tour Driver

by Hannah0307 Updated Jul 20, 2012

If you want to see Bali in a Balinese style, you should have a private Balinese driver like I had during my stay in Bali.I travelled by myself and stayed in Bali in July 2012. Kadek was my driver and helped to get around Bali. I felt very safe and comfortable as going with him. He was a safe, careful and reliable driver. His car was new, clean and comfortable. He helped me buy some entrance tickets as a local person because I look like an Indonesian. Therefore, I saved much money. He accompanied me when he thought it was unsafe for me to go alone. He also took me to some places which were not in the itinerary. He speaks English pretty well and tried his best to explain Balinese culture and Hindu to me. I am sure that you will have a great trip with him like I had. You can contact him via his officiall website: http://balidriverbali.blogspot.com.au/

• School Holidays

Foot Paths at Kuta Beach

by machomikemd Updated Jan 7, 2014

as some areas of the 6 kilometer long kuta beach is narrow, specially in the areas near the discovery mall and beyond, located just after the JI Panta Kuta welcome arch to Kuta Beach. So the government made footpaths along the sand of which some are made of concrete and some areas are more of rammed soil (to make them harder) and some made with rocks. so if you are walking or jogging along kuta beach, you can use these footh paths instead of walking along the sands as an alternative. there are also various local people selling assorted souvenir stuff and more at these footh paths.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

Kuta Motorbikes

by machomikemd Written Jan 7, 2014

unlike in other asian beach destinations like phuket or langkawi or boracay, Bali has no Tricycles (Tuk tuks) plying around the major areas, but don't worry as there are numerous Taxis Around Kuta and also motorbikes and the most numerous are the motorbikes of which you can rent anywhere as their are lots of motorbike rental shops around the Kuta area along the JI Pantai Kuta and Poppies Lane 1 and Poppies Lane 2 and JI Raya Kuta for foreigners.

you can rent them daily or weekly, just bring an International Drivers License with you and insurance too. cost of a daily motorbike rental (excluding gasoline, which is very cheap in Indonesia as gasoline prices are subsidized here) is about 50,000 to 70,000 Indonesian Rupiah a day and up to only 35,000 to 40,000 rupiah a day if renting for a week.

gas is cheap in Bali as it is subsidized by the government and a liter of unleaded gasoline only costs 6,500 to 7,000 rupiah!

• Motorcycle

Kuta Taxis

by machomikemd Written Jan 7, 2014

taxis are numerous in Kuta area as they don't have the tricycles (tuk tuks) plying destinations in other south east asian beach destinations. most of the taxis are colored blue in Bali and ride only the ones with meters as there are unscrupulous taxis without taxi meters and be sure to tell the driver to start the meter upon riding the taxi. flag down rate at present(december 2013) for taxis are 6,000 rupiah and 5,700 rupiah per kilometer extra (including increments) and waiting time rate is you want them to wait on you if you are clubbing or partying is 40,000 Rupiah an hour. you can ask your friendly hotel staff to hail you a taxi or you can get them outside the major tourist areas or call them via their taxi company number.

some of the taxi companies in bali telephone numbers are:

Bluebird/Bali Taxi: +62 361 701111
    Geka PT: +62 361 289090
    Gelora PT: +62 361 241444
    Koperasi Taksi Kowinu Bali: +62 361 771661

• Beaches

Private Tour Vans

by machomikemd Written Jan 11, 2014

the best way to do a day tour around bali island is via a private van! as prices here are cheap since gasoline prices are subsidized. There are many Tour Companies around Kuta and Seminyak that offer these Private Tour Vans.

there are two kinds of private van tours, the first one is via a tour company private van tour of which the entrance fees of the attractions and lunch and dinner is inlcuded (if you booked a whole day tour, which is different from the half day tour and full day tour as half day tours lasts 4 to 5 hours while the full day tour lasts 8 to 10 hours and the whole day tour lasts 12 to 14 hours) and the cost is about 500,000 to 600,000 rupiah per person, depending on the number of locations visited like for example: barong dance, ubud, tampak siring, kintamani, kecak dance, lunch and dinner.

Or you can hire the private van with the driver cum tour guide in one and the day rate is about 400,000 rupiah for the van (if you are 4 then only about 100,000 rupiah per person) for a full day tour and 500,000 rupiah for a whole day tour and then you will spend for the entrance to the temples or attractions you want to go to and also for the lunch and dinner of your group and the driver. extra costs will be about 300,000 to 400,000 rupiah per person, depending on the number of attractions you visited and paid entrance fees and the kind of food you ordered for your lunch and dinner.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Kuta

Comments

Kuta Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kuta transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kuta sightseeing.