Places to eat in Bali

by machomikemd
    by machomikemd

Most Viewed Restaurants in Bali

• merantau's Profile Photo

Warung Canggih: Rare Find -Authentic Indonesian Food in Legian!

by merantau Written Feb 7, 2014

It's a warung - what else is there to say? A couple of tables, a couple of chairs, a couple of ladies from Banyuwangi and a lot of smiles and good food lined up for your enjoyment.

You select from the covered cabinet. All the favourites are there - tempeh, tempeh manis, daun singkong, perkedel, ikan goreng, ayam goreng, kacang, ikan bilis, kankung, pelecing kankung, telor rebus, telur goreng, tauge, tofu dll

Favorite Dish: Cassava leaves (daun singkong) done in coconut milk - divine

Tempe manis - sweet, spicy and crunchy

A good feed will cost IDR 20,000 or so

• nezz's Profile Photo

Bella Vista Coffee & Juice Bar: More than a coffee and juice bar

by nezz Written Jan 8, 2014

Tucked away in Padma Utara street No 2 we went searching for this cafe/ restaurant after reading some of the reviews . We were not disappointed. The cool air conditioning was so welcome on a very hot Legian day. We say down and ordered beer and cider , these too were delightfully cold. We returned more than once to this place

Favorite Dish: We had the prime cut tenderloin which was actually tender and cooked to my husbands liking. I had the beef rending that day. On our second visit we had the chicken burger and Balinese chicken satay. Also great value as that meal with two drinks cost $15.80 Aud

Cold beers Chicken pad thai seafood r

Legong Restaurant: Traditional Balinese food

by CEP1863 Written Oct 5, 2013

I was made to feel very welcome as soon as I set foot inside the restaurant. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service excellent. As a vegetarian I found the menu to be a little limited menu was a little limited but the food was cooked to perfection and very tasty.

Massimo Restaurant: Authentic Italian Restaurant

by CEP1863 Written Oct 5, 2013

I ate here a couple of times and both times I was delighted with the food. The restaurant is very popular with tourists and it is advisable to book in advance if you do not want to wait for a table. The menu is extensive and the food is beautifully cooked - the ricotta and spinach ravioli is to die for! Service is excellent with the staff friendly and attentive but not intrusive.

Definitely a place that I would revisit and recommend.

Favorite Dish: Spinach and ricotta ravioli - the pasta was freshly made and expertly cooked.

Massimo Restaurant Sanur

• chatterley's Profile Photo

The Paon: Bali Collection @ Nusa Dua

by chatterley Updated Apr 17, 2013

We ate here for our first dinner in Bali for this trip. It serves the usual Balinese fare. We were actually a bit hesitant to eat here as there were not many customers around and we were wondering if their food was good.

The chicken soup with noodles was a starter (portion was quite big and filling!), and we also ordered some rice dishes. For dessert, we had ice-cream with banana fritters. The food was quite good actually, so we were surprised by the lack of patronage. The salad bar is also included in the set meal price. Pretty decent food at a good price.

Chicken Soup with Rice Noodles

Kerti Restaurant: Fantastic view over bay

by CEP1863 Written Apr 1, 2013

This was the first restaurant that I found whilst staying in Padang Bai and one that I returned to. Access to the restaurant is via a steep set of stairs and the front tables give a lovely view across the bay along with a pleasant and ver welcome breeze at times. The staff were absolutely wonderful and couldn't do enough to help. On my last evening they even arranged my taxi for the following morning (something that the resort at which I was staying refused to do as they wanted me to use their own overpriced transport).

The menu was extensive and you could see the food being prepared. As a vegetarian there were plenty of choices on the menu and I enjoyed the freshly made spring rolls and the stir fried tofu and temple with noodles.

Favorite Dish: Spring rolls

Stir fried tofu with noodles and vegetables.

Kerti Restaurant

Puri Rai Restaurant: Great food, reasonably priced

by CEP1863 Updated Mar 9, 2013

This restaurant is opposite the beach on the main road through Padangbai. The menu is varied and the food is fresh and well cooked.Staff are attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is lovely and it is a very pleasant spot to look out across the bay.

Favorite Dish: There is plenty of tempting delights on the menu. I particularly enjoyed the vegetable tempura and the tofu in chilli sauce.

Puri Rai Restaurant, Padangbai

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Road Side Eating Houses!: Try Their Sea Food and Local Bali Dishes

by goutammitra Written Dec 18, 2012

It could be a great experience to try the Bali dishes like Nasi Goreng, and many other mouth watering dishes. I badly wanted to try out their dishes but since we had an all expenses paid trip, and we always traveled in a bus from our hotel, we just could not experiment their healthy food except once! Our tour operator insisted that we stick to Indian and Continental food as their food is bland and not prepared in a hygienic way!

How wrong he was!

• Photography

Mentari Restaurant in Tabanan: Halal open buffet

by HebaM Updated Aug 20, 2012

Our tour guide took us to Mentari Restaurant in Tabanan and it was good choice because its serve halal food and that's what I exactly looking for even if it's Asian food ! so I was satisfied
    it's open lunch buffet but not much variety in my opinion or maybe 'cause I don't eat the other items, I only liked the spring rolls and the fried noodles, the chicken was tasteless and chewy it was really hard to eat.You can break your teeth while trying to eat it! lol
    It was also the fist time for me to try the fried banana and I really did like it.
    Anyway, you have to pay for the drinks it's not included with the price and off course it's way overpriced.
    we paid something like $50 for 4 persons

Favorite Dish: Spring rolls and fried noodles

Burger King: Go on your own risk

by HebaM Updated Aug 19, 2012

The Worst Burger king I have ever had ! let's just agree that junk food in Bali is a nightmare and the chance you get a food poisoning is way high. I also met an Australian tourist who told me the very same thing.

FLAPJAKS: Only good from outside

by HebaM Updated Aug 19, 2012

From outside it looks so good to be true but it's just very deceiving. There's two one at legian street just outside Discovery shopping Mall and the other one was inside Mall Galleria.I went to the one inside Mall Galleria. I was very excited about that place but ended up disappointed ! food was tasteless and overpriced, service is very slow! the only good thing is that I didn't had a food poisoning and it was clean. my friend had a gelato and said it was good but my pasta wasn't so is the apple smoothies.

Kebab Palace: Middle Eastren food @ legian street

by HebaM Updated Aug 19, 2012

I was very happy when I found that there's a Turkish/Middle Eastren restaurant at legian street,Kuta, just outside Discovery Shopping Mall, finally Halal and Middle Eastern food, the food was OK but not impressive, I had Chicken shish tawook it came with rice, also had baba ganoush which was the best I ever had surprisingly and French fries, the portion of the food were so small in my opinion you pay more than you get but since it was my only choice I can not complain. it's outdoor so it's hot no a/c just a fan. the service took so long, and it's some how overpriced. but no food poisoning which was good

Favorite Dish: baba ganoush

Pizza Hut: My first and last savior

by HebaM Updated Aug 19, 2012

Because I hate Asian food and not food adventurous. I'd like to stick with things I am familiar with ! so pizza hut was great for me ! I liked the pasta more than the pizza, service was very good and price was reasonable

Favorite Dish: Pasta, Garlic bread

• lilysuzlini's Profile Photo

Seafood at Jimbaran is great

by lilysuzlini Updated Jun 10, 2012

As you approach Jimbaran there will be plenty of seafood restaurant by the beach that you can make your choice and selection. The beach is always pack with tourist. It is best to ask your tour guide which one you should have your meal since they know best. The cooking is best done when grilling coz you can still taste the freshness of the seafood. Even grilling, good to taste the Balinese style.

There will be a group of musician singing songs to your request. I manage to call them and sang songs for my daughter's birthday. Heard her saying to her brother that this would be her best birthday ever. My daughter is only 10.

One shouldn't miss a restaurant that serve Ayam Presto. They pressure cook the whole chicken and then fry it with flour. Their food combination is nice but for those who cannot stand hot stuff please avoid ordering the spicy dishes coz it is really meant for brave people and mostly local and asian.

Favorite Dish: Grill fish Balinese style is great as well as garlic way. That would be best decide by you.

My daughter being entertained by the band Jimbaran .... Restaurant by the seaside Stall selling roast corn and they are tasty Waiting for our food ...... Presto Chicken
    • Beaches

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

QUEEN’S TANDOOR, SEMINYAK - BALI: Dinner With Balinese & Other Dance

by goutammitra Updated Apr 14, 2012

We had one of our best meal with dance show at this place. They served various tasty snacks, kebabs to go with the drinks. I was very much interested to experiment Balinese food on the last day of our stay at Bali. But, it was not possible. The tour operator explained in the last group they experimented Balinese food, which was not savored by the Indian palate , so they have included only Indian food for the Indians. That's the disadvantage for group conducted tour. I did savored some street food but that's all my quest was not satisfied.

However, this was compensated greatly with various dance shows presented by the dancers. They also invited us to participated with them. They also had DJ for the show, who had great knowledge of Indian music.

I am sharing in the experience in my General Tips.

Favorite Dish: Various Kebabs.

Balinese Dance by the group. Munu is savoring a Kebab. The Hula Dancer showing Polynesian dance.

Bali Hotels

28 Reviews - 111 Photos
Buleleng Hotels
3 Hotels

Instant Answers: Bali

Comments

Bali Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bali restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bali sightseeing.
Map of Bali