Places to eat in Bali

by machomikemd

Most Viewed Restaurants in Bali

QUEENS OF INDIA: Truly Indian

by goutammitra Written Apr 14, 2012

We sure had one of our best lunch at this place in Bali. Just after having beach activity and 4 beers we were very hungry, they offered one of the best lunch we had in Bali.

Located in the grounds of the Bali Dynasty Resort - a highly popular, family-friendly hotel in the heart of Tuban, South Kuta - yet conveniently accessible from the main street, Queen’s of India is the latest addition to the Queen’s Indian empire. The chic, contemporary design of our restaurant, with its alfresco terrace and air-conditioned dining areas, perfectly complements our commitment to exemplary service and exceptional cuisine.

They have several Indian Restaurant Chain in whole of Bali, they are all superb in quality of decor, service and food. This restaurant was inaugurated by Ambassador of India, H.E. Biren Nanda.

Indian Delight, UBUD VILLAGE.: Try their North Indian Vegetarian Delight

by goutammitra Written Apr 14, 2012

We had great Indian lunch here with great service. It's Indian owner is from Delhi and running the chain of restaurants with his Balinese crew. At the moment they have six restaurants at various locations in Bali. They also do the catering for Bounty Cruise, where the food served was very delicious.

Contrary the tips written in the Trip Adviser, we found the service is extremely courteous and with smile. Some dissatisfied customer wrote that the girl crew is more interested in using their lipsticks, but we found they were extremely courteous , always asking for second help , always with a smile!

Sitara Indian Restaurant.: Don't miss their Grilled Chicken curry

by goutammitra Written Apr 14, 2012

We were taken to this place for dinner on the first night. The food was good, tasty,with various items in buffet style dinner. We also had our fill, but the service was slow and non veg items were in short supply. We talked to the lady owner of the place, who was trying to justify , but when our tour manager told her that he is going to report this to SOTC, the non veg items came in plenty but by that time most of the people had had their dinner.

They should be careful next time.

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Kintamani Restaurant: Sate Lilit

by black_mimi99 Written Mar 6, 2012

If visit Bali don't forget try sate lilit, it's a specialty from Bali.... the taste so great and yummyyyy....

I try this sate lilit while enjoying the mount Batur on Kintamani, it's a lovely place and great food.

sate lilit

• theo1006's Profile Photo

Warung Susu: The very best at Pemuteran

by theo1006 Updated Dec 11, 2011

We stayed at Taman Sari Cottages (Pemuteran) and don't like to always dine in. Our first meal outside was a disappointment. Raré Angon homestay and resto is just across the main road when you come from Taman Sari. We found both their food and their drinks tasteless, and got a shrug when we complained!

So we went farther afield and with luck we entered Warung Susu: the place looked attractive. We have seldom enjoyed better in Bali, and still favourably priced. Talking with the owner, Ketut Suwitama, we found out why: he doubles as a cook at Matahari, the most upmarket resort at Pemuteran. He also runs a babi gulung (roast pig) warung at Goris (west of Pemuteran), which supplies the babi guling to Matahari resort. When he is on duty at the Matahari, his wife Made Tiarani serves the guests

Favorite Dish: Pineapple-lime mixed juice Rp 5,000. Babi sere Rp 55,000. Babi guling komplit Rp 54,000. Various seafood dishes.

Warung Susu at Pemuteran Pemuteran border gate Food being prepared at Warung Susu Mrs Made Tiarani serving dinner
    • Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• KOPI BALI HOUSE: Kopi Luwak

by endipiran Written Aug 22, 2011

Kopi Luwak or Civet Coffee is coffee made from coffee cherries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian palm.

After collected the beans are processed hygienically and given only medium roast so as to not destroy the complex flavors that develop through the process

• Rafting
    • Adventure Travel

Delicious Onion: Incredibly Delicious

by SFHulaGIrl Written May 29, 2011

I'd heard a lot about this restaurant. Since it was close to my hotel and was supposedly inexpensive, I decided to seek it out. What I found was a funky atmosphere, friendly service, huge portions, inexpensive prices and wonderful food! I regret that I didn't have a chance to go back!

Favorite Dish: I ordered butterfish in an onion/wine sauce served on a bed of spinach, along with a Bintang. The butterfish included steamed rice and a bowl of oniony chicken broth with veggies. My total was 100,000, including tip.

Butterfish in an Onion/Wine Sauce Sign Painting in Restaurant
    • Singles

Sardine: Dine With A Rice Paddy View

by SFHulaGIrl Written May 29, 2011

Sardine is a high-end restaurant with a lovely view of the rice fields. I went there twice - once for my birthday dinner and once for Sunday brunch. The sign is very small, so may be difficult to locate. Service is average to good, though the hostess on Sunday had a bit of an attitude. She asked me if I had a reservation, which I didn't. However, there were only two tables of customers; the rest of the restaurant was empty!

Favorite Dish: I did actually eat sardines there and wasn't that impressed. I also had some type of seafood ravioli, which was quite good. For brunch I had the mahi mahi with vegetables and mango salsa (IDR110,000), which was also quite good. I drank a huge Bloody Mary (IDR85,000) while my friend had a glass of chardonnay (120,000). Despite the somewhat higher prices and hint of an attitude, I'd go there again.

Mahi Mahi with Vegetables and Mango Salsa View of the Rice Fields Interior View
    • Business Travel

Biku: Tea for Two

by SFHulaGIrl Updated May 29, 2011

Although Biku is famous for tea, I went there for lunch on a day when I wasn't feeling that well, most likely from something I'd eaten in Thailand over the weekend. Breakfast is served all day and their menu is international (i.e. Indonesian food, burgers, salads, sandwiches, curries, pasta, steak, pies). The restaurant is in a 150-year old teak joglo from East Java. Customers may dine either inside or outside, and there's a reading area. Although there are both solar fans and regular ceiling fans, it tends to get fairly warm inside. Service is very good, portions are huge and prices are average.

Favorite Dish: Traditional afternoon tea is IDR85,000 per person; it includes tea, scones, finger sandwiches, mini spinach quiche and an assortment of sweet treats. The Sparkling Afternoon Tea costs an extra IDR60,000, which includes all of the aforementioned, plus a glass of champagne. The Children's Tea is IDR35,000; it includes fruit tea or juice, scones, a cup cake and finger sandwiches. I actually ordered a Caesar salad (IDR40,000), spaghetti and meatballs (IDR50,000) and a watermelon juice. The food was average, but I'd go there again for the atmosphere and to try something else.

Ceiling Table
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Absolute: Bali Collection @ Nusa Dua

by chatterley Written May 29, 2011

This restaurant serves some Western and Italian (pasta) fare. Like the other restaurants located in the Bali Collection, it also offers happy-hour discounts and promotions.

We ordered some pasta dishes (sorry, cannot really remember), and they came with complimentary soft drinks and desserts. Food was ok.

pasta!

Moon Ice: Bali Collection @ Nusa Dua

by chatterley Written May 29, 2011

This place serves the usual local fare, as well as some grilled stuff.

There was an ongoing happy-hour promotion for their grilled seafood when we were there, so I ordered the grilled garoupa (price is determined by the weight of the fish), while hubby ordered Nasi Campur.

The good thing about this place is that the food is quite alright, especially the grilled garoupa. After the discount, it was really good value for money.

For the not-so-good: the restaurant was not air-conditioned, and there were quite a lot of mosquitoes. We had to use the mozzie repellent quite frequently, especially on the legs. My order also took a very very long time... I think they might have forgotten about my order!

grilled garoupa Nasi Campur

Hanabi: Bali Collection @ Nusa Dua

by chatterley Updated May 29, 2011

We decided to go for Japanese food after having Balinese/Western food for a week. The restaurant is air-conditioned (that is important especially after spending one whole day in the hot and humid weather under the sun), but if you want, they also have tables outside.

This restaurant seems to be quite popular with tourists. I ordered a Tendon Set (with miso soup, pickles, tempura on steamed rice and dessert). Hubby chose a Oyakodon Set.

Of course the Japanese food here cannot compare to what we enjoyed in Japan and Taiwan etc, but it's not bad and it certainly satisfied our craving for some variety.

Tendon (Shrimp Tempura on Rice)

Cafe Degan: Javenese and Thai Cuisine

by SFHulaGIrl Written May 29, 2011

A lovely open-air restaurant in the Balinese style, particularly in regards to the roof. This restaurant is known for their Javanese and Thai cuisine. Service was attentive, portions were average and prices were average to slightly above average.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Signature Javanese Iced Tea where the ice cubes are also made of tea (IDR18,000), the Daging Sambal Huau (IDR65,000) and steamed rice (IDR7,500), as well as two cupcakes (IDR35,000 each) and two macaroons (IDR15,000 each) from their bakery. The Daging was a slow-cooked beef dish with chilis; spicy, but slightly fatty. The cupcakes and macaroons were quite average with little taste. If I go again, I'll try the Thai cuisine.

Daging Sambal with Steamed Rice Cupcakes Part of the Interior Ceiling/Roof Macaroons

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Murni's Warung (Ubud): Great Restaurant, Great Decor and Views!

by chatterley Written May 29, 2011

This restaurant seems quite popular when we did an online search for places to eat, and the reviews are also pretty good. After visiting the sights, we asked our driver to take us to this place for lunch.

The restaurant building has 4 levels and is situated next to the Campuan Bridge (the old wooden bridge is still there too, just adjacent to the new one). The views over the river are very nice, and you can explore the different levels and see the different views it offers.

We ordered a Nasi Campur and a Bebek Betutu (smoked duck in banana leaf). Both were very good, portions were quite big too! The pricing could be a wee bit more expensive than average, but hey, you pay for the ambience and view, right? The service staff were also very attentive and friendly.

Favorite Dish: Bebek Betutu and Nasi Campur! Both are good!

Nasi Campur Bebek Betutu

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

FLAPJACKS, house of pancakes and home- made gelato

by ancient_traveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Flapjacks offers international style home-cooked pancakes, pasta dishes, salads, and locally adapted homemade Italian gelatos, waffles, and sweet or savoury crepes along with coffees, smoothies and other beverages – the epitome of fast food for those people who can’t live without it! Furthermore, Flapjacks presents the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness, and is committed to using the freshest and best quality products available. The place is always busy and buzzing, and the service is efficient and as fast as the food.

Favorite Dish: All day breakfasts are available and ‘Early Risers’ include Make Your Own Omelette.

sausage and cheese pancake

28 Reviews - 111 Photos
Buleleng Hotels
3 Hotels

Instant Answers: Bali

Comments

Bali Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bali restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bali sightseeing.
Map of Bali