Sanur Restaurants

Special spring roll presentation
    by nezz
    My mie goreng looked like a fat man
    Night time on the beach

Most Recent Restaurants in Sanur

Linga Longa bar: Linga longa Babi Gulung

by nezz Written Feb 18, 2014
    Carving the pig

Dark and dingy it may appear from the road but the staff are friendly and Sunday night at 7pm this is the place to be. For 60,000rp $6 Aud you get to eat the best pork I have ever tasted. I have been twice and the $6 gets you Babi Gulang spit roast pig. Plus help yourself to potato , pasta salad , steamed rice and French stick bread. Mmmmmm,

Favorite Dish: The spit roast pig

BENNO'S CAFE & RESTAURANT: Benno's....WONDERFUL VIEWS OF SANUR BEACH

by nezz Updated Feb 15, 2014

What a great view while drinking your Bintang

We have to eat at Bennos every time we stay in Bali. We just love the food, views, staff and the great prices too. By the time we've finished bargaining at the nearby Art Market its great to rest our feet & wallet & have a long cold drink & a bite to eat. Just love the bright blue & yellow decor.

Favorite Dish: Revisit in 2014 and I was not happy with my choice of meal I ordered the seafood pasta but it consisted of just plain fish in a very sweet tomato sauce so I did not finish it. On the other hand the fettucini carbonara , mixed satay, and pork spare ribs were all delicious. Just the luck of the draw I guess .
    One of our group ordered the fried ice cream and another got the black rice pudding which was very yummy

The whole menu has something for everyone from a quick lunch snack, to a more substantial meal.
    You can also just stop for coffee & cake. Even our fussy kids find something they like on the menu

• nezz's Profile Photo

Jimmy's sports bar and restaurant: Jimmy's been around for a while

by nezz Written Feb 15, 2014

Like many of the sports bars in Sanur Jimmy's has been around for a while. They always seem to have a few regulars propping up the bar and I'd say its because the drinks are ice cold. The food we pick is the usual style of spring rolls , nasi goreng grilled chicken which usually comes with chips, salad or veggies. All good stuff lunch for 2 with drinks cost 17.50 in sept 2013

Favorite Dish: Traditional nasi goreng and spring rolls

Sand Beach Club and Restaurant: Sitting on the sand is fun at Sand Beach Club

by nezz Updated Feb 14, 2014

My Pad Thai

First night in Sanur Sept 2013 . I just had to sit on the sand it's one of the rare things to do on holiday and slowly all the places will be developed and only hotels with big price tags will have access to tables on the beach. Like that saying in the movie Shirley Valentine I wanted to sit on a beach and sip the wine made from the grape grown in that country. So that's what I did. A glass of Hatten rose and some calamari and a Pad Thai made me a happy girl.

Favorite Dish: The Pad Thai was delicious as was the calamari.

Hotel Villa Shanti beach side Restaurant: Breakfast at Villa Shanti

by nezz Written Feb 14, 2014

We were staying next door at a private villa that had the villa shanti buffet breakfast listed in the guest info booklet. So one of the mornings we wandered in to see what they had to offer.It was a small buffet but as soon as we asked to sit down they quickly rearranged tables to seat the 7 of us.
    you are sitting at the beach front of the hotel complex so you get a nice breeze and lovely ocean views.

Favorite Dish: The buffet offers fresh fruit, (watermelon,banana, papaya) cereals, yoghurt . Then in the warmers is mie goreng , rice porridge with a clear soup and toppings. banana fritters , pancakes, fried potato wedges , small sausages. then the toast station has breads, sweet rolls and croissants . Jams, butter and honey too. The there is an egg station for omlettes, fried, scrambled and poached eggs.

Mona Lisa Cafe: Mona Lisa is not just a famous painting

by nezz Updated Feb 14, 2014

Beef burger

We return time and time again. This small and unassuming restaurant cafe is always busy. From the Main Street it doesn't look much especially at night. But it's always the little touches such as the complimentary bruschetta served warm and on little bores plus the originality of the menu compared to all the others that seem same same .

Favorite Dish: 2014 update the place was so busy we couldn't get a table for 7 for dinner so went back the next day for lunch. 3 yummy beef burgers , three spring rolls, three mie gorengs , chicken satay . 2 large Bintangs , 2 lime juice, soda water , 3 mango juice and a water all for $54 so yummy and cheap.

Well the complimentary bruschetta is a favourite plus the pancakes at breakfast on our previous trips . In 2013 my seafood curry was delicious .All up we had a large Bintang , two glasses of the Hatten rose a seafood curry plus a surf and turf all for $25 Aud

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Handayani Kuliner: Famous Babi Guling Restaurant

by machomikemd Written Jan 22, 2014

if you are on a full day tour going to central or northern bali areas of Ubud or Kintamani or Bedugul or Tampak Siring, etc. all roads pass by JL Ngurai Rai Bypass in Sanur and Denpasar and if you want to taste authentic Balinese Babi Guling (roast pig) along the way, you can ask your tour guide to stop by Handayani Kuliner in the boundaries of Denpasar and Sanur at JL Ngurai Bypass going north as this small warung is famous for locals for it's Babi Guling which the pigs are roasted at dawn and sold starting in the morning. the ambiance is simple and they also have a few local meals beside the Babi Guling.

Opens: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm everyday

Favorite Dish: the Babi Guling, of which an order will cost 55,000 rupiah and included is several pieces of pork, crispy pork skin, pork crackling, pork sausage, pork satay, deep fried pork liver and the sour and spicy lawar dip. if can be eaten at the restaurant or via take out in wrapped paper so you could eat it while travelling to your destination.

Luhtu's Coffee Shop Sanur: Luhtu's best breakfast and cakes by far

by nezz Written Jan 8, 2014

Carrot cake

Set on the very beachfront in Sanur at the very end of Jalan Pantai Sindhu this little coffee shop and bakery has some amazing food. Usually Bali is not famous for its bread and pastry something to do with the humidity but Luhtu's has got its right. You can have an amazing full English breakfast , morning tea cake and coffee or a scrumptious lunch. You can even take breads , meals and cake back to the hotel or villa you are staying in as they have an extensive take away menu too..

Favorite Dish: Loved the breakfast here , plus they do have lovely spring rolls and nasi or mie goreng. But the awesome cake was the carrot cake with the cream cheese frosting and they do flourless orange cake as well. Mmmmmmm

• School Holidays

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Cafe Batu Jimbar: I will return to this cafe

by DaHongHua Written Mar 3, 2013
    top right corner is the Vege Nasi Campur set

Along Jl Danau Tamblingan in Sanur, basically there are many restaurants for you to have your meal. We are not hurry so we did a few searching by looking on the menu displays and the dining hall itself'. We then decided to have our dinner in Cafe Batu Jimbar as the restaurant serve what we plan to have and there are customers, so it must be famous or the food must be delicious.
    We are not wrong, what we have are :
    1. Vegetarian Nasi Campur Set
    2. Green tea set
    3. Curry fish serve with rice
    4. Lime juice
    They are all nice in presentation and taste. My wife felt very satisfy on her vegetarian nasi campur set. One day, we want to return to this cafe for the same vege meal and I would order others. The other attraction I know later is, there is a corner in the cafe which keep some books for sales.

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

Manik Organic: Great juices and soups

by Daihappydai Written Nov 9, 2012
    Manik Organic restaurant, Sanur

Manik Organic has a lovely shaded section right on Jalan Danau Tamblingan. The restaurant offers a good range of vegetarian dishes along with some fish and chicen dishes. My favorites are the refreshing combination juices and lentil soup. The restaurant also offers cooking and yoga classes.
    For something light and healthy for lunch, this is a good place to try.

Kopi Bali House: Expensive Coffee

by iternity Written Sep 14, 2012

Located still on Sanur, recommended by a friend of mine.
    the place is cozy enough that you can actually puff your cigarettes inside the AC room.
    then order up a ice blended coffee (didnt remember the name, it has a lot of peanuts in it).
    My fault I did not checked the price before :(. a friend of mine ordered a hot coffee (cafe latte).
    well long story short, coffee is good (just good) but I ended up to pay around IDR 50,000+ for the coffee????
    I dont mean being stingy and all but its a lot for local coffee.

Mamasan: Great ASIAN Food not service

by iternity Written Sep 14, 2012

Ambience great, service is a mess...
    Three days prior we went to this restaurant, we booked table of 7 people. On the day, they only gave us 2 person table? I ended up being upset, then they gave us the table.

dont give me wrong the food is excellent, best asian food I ever tasted, compliment to the chef, however service dont expect much

Favorite Dish: 3 flavor fish??

Beecup Cupcakes: heavenly Red Velvet Cupcakes

by iternity Written Sep 14, 2012
    My double CHocolate by bee cup, yummmmmm!!!

Actually found this place when I was enjoying an expensive bad taste coffee in one of "famous" cafe in sanur. just opposite, there it is a small cupcake shop. They provide a large varieties of cupcakes, 16 flavours? I'm in cupcakes heaven.

ended up visited their website, place an order, and around 20ish minutes I already enjoy my cupcakes!

Favorite Dish: My favorites was their red velvet cupcakes and Double chocolate...taste heavenly.
    my friend bought a coffee, guess what? the price is RIGHT! and the cafe latte is the bomb!

• Work Abroad

• 2Cities1Love's Profile Photo

Star Bistro: Wonderful food

by 2Cities1Love Written Sep 8, 2012
    A nice place to eat

Star Bistro have wonderful staff and tasty food and drinks.
    You can sit inside or outside watching the passing parade of people.

Favorite Dish: We ate here quiet a few mornings for breakfast and we always got what we ordered and it was nice and hot.
    They also make great drinks and really nice coffee.

We had lunch one day toasted sandwiches chips and salad,which was very nice.

It can be a little warm inside but each table has a fan and we never felt to hot while we were eating.

Ducks Nutz: Ducks Nutz good food and live music

by nezz Updated Mar 9, 2012

Sanur Main street

This is the bar and restaurant in front of the Ugly Duckling Hotel ( formerly the Puri Made Hotel). I finally had my first ever girls only trip to Bali in Dec 2011. We had breakfast here most days and a Night cap or two to end the night listening to the live music.
    The place is run by Australian couple Bill and Gael. Their staff are friendly and everyone was very helpful during our stay.

Favorite Dish: We had continental breakfast included in our room rate which included fruit, juice , tea or coffee, eggs or pancakes and toast. Fantastic value really. The Indonesian meals we tried were delicious especially the chicken chap cay. The drinks were icy cold too.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Sanur

Comments

Sanur Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sanur restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sanur sightseeing.