Getting Around Bali

Most Viewed Transportation in Bali

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Blue Bird Taxi

by HebaM Updated Sep 5, 2012

Take Bluebird taxis because these taxis are relatively new, reliable and fully air-conditioned. you can ask your hotel to call one for you but in that case the minimum fare will be 25,000 Rp. even if the meter was 18,000 but still better than any other taxi services. or you can flag down one but be careful 'cause some Taxi companies try to copy the logo of the Blue Bird company so that you think you are on a blue bird taxi but in real you are not and expect a very bad service.
    I had a very 2 bad experiences with other taxi services.

First one When we were at the Galeria mall and also Obama arriving Bali on the same day. So all the cab prices are increased due to the road block and it's total ripped off. There's one independent driver, is where we asked the price before and we didn't take him. Later he saw us walking from here to there, he started to cursed us "Bloody tourist". What's problem with him, scolding us "bloody tourist" because we not taking his cab, that's ridiculous! First time being scolded as Bloody tourist, hahaha! So stay out from the independent taxi driver, go for the Blue bird taxi, they are honest and friendly and also they used meter even after midnight.

Second; When I flagged down a taxi and asked if he is blue bird he said yes ( he was laying); so i get in and wanted to go from poppies lane to my hotel in Leagian street which is not a long distance. the traffic was a nightmare and the driver started to get angry and asked me to get out of the car 'cause he doesn't want to drive in a bad traffic!!! he insisted and he left me in the middle of no where and i had to ask for direction so I can get back to my hotel! WTH

Take care of the logo

• Bram Sadia - Fantastic Bali Driver

by chechao Written Aug 27, 2012

Bram is absolutely the best driver/guide in Bali! Super helpful in fixing our itinerary a month before the trip, even going so far as to recommend places for spa and white water rafting where we got very good value for money!

He really cares for his clients, and wants them to have a fantastic time in Bali. Very reliable, trustworthy, and honest - he doesn't take his customers to commission traps. Get Bram to take you around, so that you will have an amazing time in Bali!

Rates as of May 2011: (includes car hire, tour guide/driver, gasoline) Price might have changed by now, just drop Bram an email for latest rates.
    6 HOURS CHARTER Rp 250.000,

Phone Number: +628123922449

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Rent Car

by black_mimi99 Written Mar 6, 2012

When my stay in Bali, I rent a car with the driver.... Pak Ketut, he is really good man and can be trust.... all information can ask him and all direction he know.... he never complain.
    Almost everyday we traveling around Bali with him... And most of all, when my son sleep in the car, he will look after him....
    The price more cheap compare other, the car is good, he drive safely, and the hour more longer 12 hours for 350.000 rupiahs.

• The best driver guide in Bali

by gnarlyguy Written Jan 9, 2012

If you want to see Bali's hidden treasures, it's best to get a driver guide. Traffic in Bali is pretty hectic at most places so a local guide will know how to swerve around traffic and take shortcuts.

When I reached the airport, the first thing I did was grab as much free travel brochures and maps I could get my hands on. That was a bad mistake. We had such a headache deciding which of the tour package to go for. We had some tips already from friends who were there before so we knew the tours that was boring so we could avoid them.

I spent about 2 hours looking through all the spots and listing down the places we wanted to go. By that time it was getting dark and we didn't even leave the hotel yet. So I got online and searched for a driver guide. I went over to tripadvisor and also google and on most of the lists I found, this driver named Kadek kept on appearing on travelers reviews.

I'm a tech savvy person and I've learnt to make my decisions based on other's recommendation. Although they can be faked but when you keep seeing the same recommendations from several different people, you can be more or less sure that it's a good choice.

I dug deeper and found his website and phone number and gave him a call .... told him all the spots I wanted to visit and asked him to customize my very own private tour. His price was reasonable and he also sounded very knowledgable. We sealed the deal for the next morning and I went out for my food and a night of partying.

He arrived early the next morning waiting for me while we had our breakfast. Got in his car still half drunk, passed him my list and slept most of the way to the first stop. After the first stop, we sobered up a bit and started to talk to Kadek who explained their culture, people and religion. Since it was quite a bit of drive to get to another spot, I was well informed about everything I asked him.

He took me to places that were off the beaten track and it was well worth what I paid for. I then asked him to bring me to the best roast pig in Bali for lunch ... some more sight seeing and then to the hot springs. On the way, we saw excellent rock formations from larva which was unique to me.

He explained the local's farming and fishing lifestyle and I could understand that life near that part of the island is very much influenced by the flow of the larva from the volcano.

We then visited some temples and even saw some religious ceremony as we went thru a small town.

All in all it was a great day and I truly enjoyed his services.

This is his contact number if you're interested.

Bali Kadek
    +62 818343378

• Architecture

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Motorbike: do as Balinese do

by Mozumbus Written Jul 29, 2011

Now I am about to share how we managed to roam around the isalnd for about a week for just USD 5! Yes, we spent only five bucks, or less, for transportation. And we traveled as far as Uluwatu temple in the South, Ubud in the center, Jimbaran beach on the west coast on Sanur in the esat!

So, feel lucky if you know how to ride a motorbike. And feel luckier if you are coming from a city, like Karachi, where motorbikes drive the daily life!

Why? Because this is what Balinese do; the easiest and the most economical way of traversing around the island.

Motorbikes are easily available, on rent, from abundantly spread outlets or even from some hotels/guesthouses. Daily charges shall not be more than USD 5 for a smart looking transmission less bike. Add an extra USD 2 per day for the petrol! Luckily we got the 'free motorbike use' from our guesthouse. Result: week long sightseeing for just 7-8 litres of petrol!

Btw, it would be better to get an international driving permit before you leave to avoid ending up bribing the policeman. In case, you could not arrange one and have reached Bali, then don't be disappointed, you can get one from Bali Police too for around USD 15.

Click here to know more about our motorbike experience in Bali

In Bali, do as Balinese do!
    • Motorcycle

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Flying to Bali on low budget

by Mozumbus Updated Jul 29, 2011

If you are coming to Bali from South Asia (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) or from Middle East (or from other destinations for that matter) then you may not find a direct flight to the island easily.

So, one tested method is to make a route through Singapore/Kuala Lumpur which are well connected to the isalnd on one hand and to the outside world on the other. This will be ideal for those who want to visit more than one place in a single trip.

Good news is that there are frequent budget flights from Singapore/Kuala Lumpur which offer tickets on throw away prices on advanced booking. Among a few, Air Asia tops the list with most number of flights. We booked Singapore-Bali for a total of USD 135 for two adults, one baby, and one piece of luggage and Bali-Kuala Lumpur for USD 125.

The major downside of breaking the journey in Singapore/Kuala Lumpur and then taking the onward budget flight is that you have to book two seperate tickets rather than one connecting ticket. This is because budget airlines usually run on one-way basis and does not allow combinging one ticket to the other. Effectively, this means that the airline will not be responsible at all if your previous flight gets delayed/cancelled and you consequently miss the onward flight. So, it is highly recommended to keep a decent lag between two flights while booking; atleast of 5-6 hours. We kept a couple of days stay in Singapore which allowed us to explore the modern city state also.

Also keep in mind that budger airlines do not provide luggage facility by default and it is recommended to book your bags while booking the flight on one hand and to keep yourself as light as possible on the other.

Click here to know more about our first Air Asia experience

Free peanuts and water in the no-frill Air Asia

• Bali Kadek

by jwvdpoel Written Jun 7, 2011

During our trip to Bali in may 2011 we had Bali Kadek as driver and guide. He picked us up from the airport and drove us several days safely around the Island and proved to be a reliable and valuable guide on and off the beaten track. He was as good as, or maybe better than, the comments on the various fora on the internet. We had a great time on the Island and Kadek played a great role in it. We had great fun together, Kadek was always ontime and drove a good and comfortable car. So Kadek many thanks for your contribution to our great holiday. We'll meet again ;-)

Visited May 2011

• Luxury Travel

• Recommended Bali Ground Tour Guide

by adoresara Written Apr 14, 2011

I have my airport return transport and ground tour arranged by a guy named Kadek.
    English medium speaking tour guide, and will always brought a smiley face to you! He will bring you anywhere you like to go in Bali. A very good driver indeed flexible timing arrangement for your tour. The price for a single day tour is about 400k rupiahs, and the single airport transfer is 150k rupiah.

if you would like to reach him, this is his contact number :

+62 62818343378
    +62 87862203020

or simply look at his blog at

• rodders88's Profile Photo

Recommended Bali driver and tour guide

by rodders88 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Our Australian family use Aaron Michael every time holidaying in Bali - most recently was in February 2010.
    AARON PUTU MICHAEL - DRIVER
    Reliable, punctual and provides travel all over Bali. Airconditioned 7 seater Kijang van. Speaks good English.
    Explore Bali at your own pace with an English speaking driver.
    Fully flexible touring - design your own tour or take his recommended tours. Airport pickup available.
    Aaron Michael is a SAFE driver and informative tour guide.

If you require confirmation - please email rod_ders88@hotmail.com

Contact Aaron Putu Michael on +6281 338 787 863 or when in Bali or email - mikeputubalitour@hotmail.com

• Business Travel

• Best tours and tour driver

by jonbarb709 Updated Apr 4, 2011

There are two things you should decide on when touring Bali. If you want specific tours, you cannot go wrong with Floressa Tours. They have some set tours and will also take you where ever you want to go. We have used them twice and found them to be reasonable and very knowledgeable about the area. They are a local tour agency. If you are just looking for a driver, well first of all you really need a driver/guide. Just a driver is not the way to go. We have used Merta three times over the last 5 years. Speaks excellent English, knows all about the places you want to see and gives an excellent tour. Also will help you decide where and what you should see. mertagct@telkom.net. Don;t get stuck with someone who doesn't speak English and just drops you off and waits for you. John and Barb

• School Holidays
    • Seniors

• sukalejong's Profile Photo

Bali to Yogyakarta on land

by sukalejong Updated Apr 4, 2011

Hi,
    You can go to Yogya from Bali by bus. One bus company I know serve that route is Safari Dharma Raya, you can find it at Ubung bus station or buy the ticket at Jalan Diponegoro and Jalan Puputan. Its fare is including ferry trip from Gilimanuk (Bali) to Banyuwangi (East Java).
    Off course there are other bus company do that route as well, but I dont know its name.
    I dont know exactly how long the journey will be taken to Yogya, but since the journey from Denpasar to Jakarta took 24 hours by bus, maybe it take only 12 hours to Yogya.
    Another option is taking train to Yogya. But you have to go Banyuwangi first by bus, then continue the journey by train. Or you can go to PT Kereta Api (train company) representative at Denpasar, and they will escort you to Banyuwangi by bus.

• markbank's Profile Photo

DRIVER GUIDE WITH VAN

by markbank Updated Apr 4, 2011

MY FAMILY AND I TRAVEL AROUND BALI FOR 5 DAY / 4 NIGHT WITH OUR DRIVER GUIDE,,HIS NAME PUTU NASTRA,,,REALLY GOOD PERSON AND CAN SPEAK IN MANY LANGUAGE LIKE JAPANESE, ITALIAN, SPANISH ETC,,,,HE ALSO KNOW MANY THING ESPECIALLY ABOUT BALINESE CULTURE AND HISTORY,,,,

THE PRICE AROUND RPH400,000 PERDAY INCLUDE PETROL, MEAL AND PARKING,,,BUT STILL NEGOTIATE,,,U HIRE HIM FOR 1 DAY OR MORE AND DO YOUR OWN ITENERARY OR U ASK HIM,,,

I REALLY SUGGEST U ALL TO HIRE HIM,,,,HE MAKE OUR TRIP VERY AMAZING AND ENJOYABLE,,,,THANKS PUTU...I GOT RATE RPH1.2 MILLION FOR 5DAY TRIP WITH RETURN AIRPORT TRANSFER FROM HIM,,,

HIS CONTACT

Name: Putu Nastra
    Tel :+(62) 813 3890 5385 (fr overseas) ; 0816 470 8497 (within Indonesia)

Email: putunastra@yahoo.com

putu the man wear black and green shirt PUTU WEAR WHITE SHIRT ON LEFT SIDE

• Fantastic Driver in Bali

by tilzey Updated Apr 4, 2011

We just had a girls shopping weekend in Bali. While we were there we used a fantastic driver named Sila (pronounced Cee-la). On our first meeting with him we told him all of the places that we wanted to visit and what we were looking to purchase. He came up with several additional places that we should also visit. He never took us to "tourist" shops and helped communicate with the shop owners when they didn't speak English. He also help us to arrange the shipping of the larger items back to our country and brought us packing material for the items that we brought back on the plane.

He charges 400,000 rupees (~ $45) a day, a real bargain, and didn't want to take a tip even though he went beyond what he was required to do. On one of the days we used him for a few hours longer than we agreed to, and he wouldn’t take any extra money. He has a late model SUV, which he kept very clean, and always had cold bottle water on hand for us. He is extremely nice and went out of his way to help us. If you are looking for a honest, no pressure, helpful, and fun driver in Bali, I would highly recommend Sila.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• English speaking driver in Bali

by Renee_L Updated Apr 4, 2011

I know a good driver. He understands and speaks good english. We use his services a few days ago and we are very satisfied. He has a license. You can have is services for a 1 day trip or more. If you are interested, he cheks his emails every 2 or 3 days.

This is his name and email adress:
    Made Darma
    dwisurya_ayumas@yahoo.com

• bladedragon's Profile Photo

Ngurah Rai Airport

by bladedragon Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Airport is situated in southern Bali, pretty near to Kuta and Legian area (around 15 minutes by Taxi).
    They have a cab service just outside the building and there is a fix pricing for the fare from airport to different places in Bali.
    The rate from Airport to Sanur (as of Jan 30, 2006) by Cab was Rp 85,000 (journey about 30-40 mins).
    However you can always try walking toward the exit and there should be some people offering unofficial transportation and you can bargain your way there.
    I managed to bargain Rp 60,000 from Airport to Sanur.

Bali Hotels

28 Reviews - 111 Photos
Buleleng Hotels
3 Hotels

Instant Answers: Bali

Comments

Bali Transportation

Reviews and photos of Bali transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bali sightseeing.
Map of Bali