Ubud Warnings and Dangers

by doroteap
    digigit monyet
    by Djahali

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Ubud

• Robbers Owners of MAEKO BUNGALOW KUTAH !!!!!

by doroteap Written Apr 7, 2013

Ubud is wonderful, Bali is magic...etc...we all know that.
    But there are too many things which are out of control here.

Be aware when renting so called "Villa"!!
    A part of Ubud called KUTAH is full with houses/ villas to rent. Of course, they all love you when you rent at least for 1 year. But we rented for " months, villa, 2 bed -2 bath, small pool...looked great when we came in. I tried to find a web-site or any listing with these 3 villas,because there are 3 houses next to each other, one owner whose name I dont know today, dealing through an "agent".
    However, I have a police report from Ubud Police Station in front of me and I am shouting a WARNING for Address:

MAEKO BUNGALOW - KUTAH ;UBUD;GIANYAR
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pada Hari Jumat
    Just to mention it: We PAID 11 000 000 Rp for the 1st month, 10 000 000 Rp second mth IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

It would take a whole day to list all wrongs but the most important to say is:
    YOU WILL BE ROBBED IN THESE HOUSES
    happened 1st time while we were sleeping, somebody came in, opened my bag, took 3,5 mil Rp! It was March 17th 2013
    next day we call Mr. Bobby, the only face we know from the side of the owner..it´s still making me sick!!! He says, no call police, we...yes! WE would have problems with them!! couple of days we were trying to understad what is happening to us ( mother, daughter, son-in-law).
    and we realised that somebody was in house even before, 10/03/13 when we missed 20.000 rp.....but as stupid europens we said, must have lost the money!!!!
    It goes on:
    March 23/13 we go to eat, all doors in house locked, PC and a bag with some credit cards locked in the carboard, room locked, house locked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    still......on arrival 3 credit cards gone, one mobile phone.
    Than I called police from Ubud, cars, detectives.....a show worth seen.
    Of course our unknown, rich house owner said he hasn´t anything to do with the security of his houses, he wasn´t interested in anything what was happening here.
    As I said i could go on like this describing these profesional robbers of Bali who are renting us their villas.

KEEP AWAY from KUTAH

I had enough of "Bali Magic", never coming back!

Dorotea Hajdin

• POOR SECURITY AT UMA HOTEL, UBUD

by asiamap Written Jan 6, 2009

Beware of very poor security at the so-called luxury Uma hotel in Ubud, Bali. My family and I were assaulted by an extremely hostile European family at their New Years Eve function.

Nobody, including the hotel manager offered any security assistance. I don't believe they have any apart from the front gate.

I couldn't imagine staying there....You are definitely on your own.

• Women's Travel

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

Those Cute Monkeys May Just Kill You!

by Ubudian Updated Apr 6, 2007

AVOID UBUD MONKEY FOREST AND ANY OF THE HIGH TEMPLES WITH MONKEYS!

All monkeys on Bali are macaques, which in dominant males, display a high degree of aggressiveness.

Excerpted from U.S. Embassy Jakarta Medical Bulletins

When a human primate is bitten or scratched by a macaque, we have three chief infectious disease concerns that you need to know about. The worse is:

B Virus

B virus is the low risk/high consequence issue about which we wish to provide you information. We admit up front to our harboring high hopes of your altering or, better yet, abandoning your typical tourist related behavior when around these creatures, whose behavior can place you directly in harm's way.

Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1 (B virus) is enzootic in (makes itself at home among) monkeys of the genus Macaca. We are not talking here about
    orangutans, chimpanzees, gibbons or other non human primates, rather we refer strictly to macaques. When a macaque monkey is infected with B virus it normally experiences little more than we do when we have a cold sore. Cold sores in man are caused by a close "cousin" of the simian B virus herpes simplex type 1.

Monkey B virus is transmitted from macaques to humans through bites, scratches or saliva splashing into the eyes or onto other mucous membranes. When a human is infected with B virus, we have more than a simple cold sore to deal with, however. Unlike what happens in the virus-harboring monkey, B virus infection...in man this often causes a rapidly ascending encephalomyelitis with a fatality rate of approximately 70%. Encephalomyelitis refers to infection involving the brain and spinal cord.

You can read more about this here, in an article published by the CDC in February, 2003.

• Spa and Resort
    • School Holidays

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

Illegal Drugs in Bali

by Ubudian Written Apr 5, 2007

Under NO CONDITION even think about bringing or purchasing ANY narcotics anywhere in Bali, or anywhere in Indonesia for that matter. This includes cannabis even in small amounts. The drug laws here are VERY strong, including death by firing squad, and there are plenty of foreign nationals languishing in the Kerobokan prison in Bali. In Kuta and other party areas of southern Bali, young touts may offer a joint or two, but chances are they are working with the police. Bali is intoxicating enough, and one can enjoy all sorts of alcoholic beverages if needed to unwind or just party.

• Singles
    • School Holidays

• Weny's Profile Photo

The sun is intense

by Weny Updated Dec 3, 2004

Many people assume because Ubud is in the foothills, they will not have to watch for the sun. Be careful. we had to abandon one walk because the sun was just too hot. You can easily get sunstroke if you are not careful, wear a hat and drink LOTS of water, even at night it can be quite warm.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Wild cat

by kyoub Written Sep 9, 2004

Civet Cat

This isn't anything to really be alarmed about
    or is it?
    When we were at one of the temples we saw a boy with a kitten. When we talked to him we found out that he had found this baby Civet Cat and was raising it.
    Are these cute little animals what causes SARS? Is that only if you eat them as they do in China?

• Eco-Tourism

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo

Watch out your water!

by Goldenboy Written Oct 4, 2003

Rudy was not realize what will happened

Don't know if it is consider as danger, but you might take care of your water. Better to keep it inside your bag, and not as my friend Rudi keep his. Monkeys here love to force-taking out your water, and runaway! Nothing to loose, but i was surprised and shocked when a monkey jump down my leg and grabbing my bottle! :)) Another surprising experience with monkey.

Greeting for my monkey! ;) Hey, drop me a line when you read this, will you? :))

• Zoo

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Touts

by phil_uk_net Written Mar 8, 2003

Locals touting for business

Not just in Ubud, but almost everywhere in Bali, you will be harassed wherever you go by people trying to sell you things.
    I am not condemning the people who do this but just giving you some warning. The locals are poor and are struggling more than ever now to make a living since the bombing in Kuta.

Here is another warning. If one of the touts approaches you as you enter somewhere, such as a temple, and you tell them, "later", meaning you will 'look' later this will lead to confusion and maybe an angry scene.

They will wait for you and when you come back will say that you said you would buy something later. If you really don't want to buy tell them this clearly and don't attempt to let them down gently suggesting that you 'may' buy something later.

• platypusak's Profile Photo

Beggars

by platypusak Written Jan 30, 2003

We arrived by ship and when we came ashire, we were surrounded by nearly 50 people all wanting to sell us carving, postcards, pencils,give us a tour etc. We hadn't expected this intensity and it was a little frightening. We were dressed in jeans and t-shirts...those who came ashore "dressed" were nearly attacked. Next time, we'd make sure we had a car waiting.

• Djahali's Profile Photo

Monkey bite

by Djahali Written Oct 7, 2007
    digigit monyet

Hati-hati dengan monyet-monyet, jangan mengulurkan anggota badan ke monyet, bisa jadi ia akan mengigit. Jangan memegang kepala monyet.

Instant Answers: Ubud

Comments

Ubud Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Ubud warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ubud sightseeing.