Wonosobo Favorites

Beauriful landscape
    by bkarjee
    Potato plantations in terraced fields
  • Church with a Dutch style architecture in Wonosobo
    Church with a Dutch style architecture...

Most Recent Favorites in Wonosobo

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

Beautiful Views of the valley down below

by bkarjee Updated Dec 28, 2005

Favorite thing: We came across this viewpoint along the Wonosobo -Dieng Village road. It is half way between the two places and offers breathtaking views of the villages below. Yoy can stop the vehicle here, stretch your legs and go to the top of the view tower to get a good view of the valley. There are potato plantations everywhere. Dont forget to take your snapshots.

Fondest memory: Beautiful views from this viewpoint.

Beauriful landscape Potato plantations in terraced fields

The ubiquitous Garuda Statue

by bkarjee Written Dec 28, 2005

Favorite thing: In Indonesia, everywhere you find a statue of Garuda-the mighty eagle, very closely associated with Indonesian history and culture. I came across this giant statue in the middle of the road on the way to Dieng. So if you are proceeding to Dieng Village from Wonosoba and you come across this Garuda statue, you are on the right track.

Garuda statue in Wonosobo

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

Unforgotable cockroach and natural disaster

by ukirsari Updated Jul 29, 2004

Fondest memory: How can I forget the nice but funny and embarrassing experience at the first night I join my fellows from fotografer.net community by the mid of July 2004 in Wonosobo?
    First, I am not eager enough to find a cockroach and second, my bed just fallen to the ground when I thrown my daily backpack on it!!!
    And one of my good friend; Kristupa Saragih can not stop his laugh. Also Mr Yupa and my beloved 'Gula' Eka. Everyday, when I pass them to take picture or walk, I can hear their comments, "Move, move .. move ... watch out the cockroach!!!" Oh .. I miss all of them. From Irawan, Mas Hendrawan, Kristupa, Mr Yupa, to Iwan Ikhwanuddin and Arya. But Gula? Nahinnnn [no, in Hindi], I see her almost everyday ;)

Disaster on Hotel Dewi (c) ukirsari

The highlanders :)

by ukirsari Written Jul 29, 2004

Favorite thing: As people who live in plateau or highland, the Wonosoban has different skin, eyes and hair compared with another Javanese who live nearby the sea or plain areas.

Fondest memory: I like to see their eyes [light brown], their hair [bit curly and close to brown ~ if truely curly, brown and long, it will be addressed as 'rambut gimbal' and they have a tradition to cut rambut gimbal also in a ceremony] and their cheeks [looks like using rouge or make-up something!!!]. As I took picture here about my fave little girl at Desa Anggrunggondok [Anggrunggondok village]. Her name is Mega.

Lovely Mega from Anggrunggondok (c) ukirsari
    • Farm Stay

Tingwe = nglinting dhewe

by ukirsari Updated Jul 29, 2004

Favorite thing: Speaking about Wonosobo, you will familiar with tobacco. Yes, the fragrance of tobaccos are anywhere on harvest time. Fresh leaf picked then dirajang [diced in truely small pieces] then put on para-para [made from bamboo shell] and dry them using sunlight. Among men, it's truely famous ciggy. They just need to buy cloves and 'sweet' paper [I ever tried when I was a kid and taste bit sweet, so I address it 'kertas manis' or sweet paper hahahaha] then makes their own ciggy so called 'rokok tingwe' [hand-made ciggy]. To start a conversation with local men, try this 'ceremony' tingwe. They'll appreciate you more :)

Fondest memory: This man ... on picture ... remind me to my beloved Grandpa from my Mum's side. They way he's enjoy his ciggy. Even my late Grandpa so rarely smoking :)

A man and his ciggy on Wonosobo (c) ukirsari
    • Farm Stay

Church in Wonosobo

by bkarjee Written Dec 28, 2005

Favorite thing: We saw a small church located by the side of the Wonosobo Dieng road, where kids were busy cleaning up the courtyard, probably preparing for Christmas, which was just a week away.

Church with a Dutch style architecture in Wonosobo

Instant Answers: Wonosobo

Comments

Wonosobo Favorites

Reviews and photos of Wonosobo favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wonosobo sightseeing.