Wonosobo Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Wonosobo

Kresna Gallery Hotel: Breakast at the Hotel

by bpacker Updated Feb 12, 2006

Bubur Ayam

It must be some kind of conspiracy, in hotels all over the world, to serve food that is as far removed from reality and local taste as possible. It was also the case in Wonosobo, Java, Gallery Hotel. Though breakfast was delicious, it was unreal.

Favorite Dish: When you stay in Gallery Hotel, you'll get a free, delicious breakfast. We had bubur ayam(chicken porridge) and soto ayam(savoury chicken noodle soup). The bubur ayam was better and topped very prettily with a whole egg, croutons, spring onions, chickens, peanuts and sheletered with a piece of cracker ( Kerepok).

SKF fried Chicken: Food to Warm our Bodies and Spirits

by bpacker Updated Feb 9, 2006

(Clockwise) Teh Jahe, Sop Buntut and Ayam Bakar

Just outside the periphery of Wonsobo's main mall and pasar, there are a myraid of roving vendors ( kaki limas) and small warungs ( coffeeshops ). When we were walking around at 6pm, only 3 warungs were open, one selling Chinese food, the other Nasi Padang and the other selling Fried Chicken. We chose the last one and settled down for a feast. Earlier, we were caught in a torrential rainstorm and we wanted some food to warm ourselves

Favorite Dish: It's not just the Chinese that believe that food has medicinal properties, most south east Asians do too. When I was in Wonosobo (a mountain village 2000m above sea level) , I found out that the local dishes were meatier and the drinks spiced with ingredients believed to give warmth to the body. Take the local tea for example (teh jahe), it's made of ginger, cinammon, sugar and spiked with pepper. The stew (sop buntut) on the other hand has chunky pieces of ox tail and is spiced with cloves ( a 'warm' spice). Colourful garden vegetables top the stew. I had both the stew and tea as I was caught in a rain earlier that day. It tasted good and it warmed my spirits and body . The stew was savoury and the tea was refreshing and not nearly as spicy as I thought it would be. I had a piece of grilled chicken (Ayam Bakar ) too and like the ones sold in Yogya, it was sweet and charred at the ends.

Cost: A meal like this cost about a paltry USD2-3 per person.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

Hawker stalls at Anggrunggondok: Tahu cokol lan gorengan

by ukirsari Written Jul 29, 2004

Little girls selling gorengan (c) ukirsari

In Anggrunggondok village, just easy peasy to have a snack. While mingle around with local, you can see many warung or open stalls nearby locals houses.

Favorite Dish: Gorengan means anykind of diced tofu, tempe, banana and sukun [bread fruit!] that soaked into flour and egg then fried. Meanwhile, tahu cokol means tofu with fresh veggie inside and fried in a pan. Served hot with fresh green chilli. Hmmm ....

• Farm Stay

Various Roadside Vendors (kaki lima): Street Food in Wonosobo

by bpacker Written Feb 7, 2006

Soya Bean Puffs for Sale

Sometimes, it pays to venture out of your 4/5* hotel instead of eating the unreal food they serve in there. I did it in Wonosobo (Java) and boy was I glad, there were lots of street vendors clustered around the tiny mall and pasar ( market ) over there. Once you walk over there, you can smell hot food. I walked over to a kaki lima ( roving vendor ) and bought the village's specialty, crispy fried soya bean puffs smeared with sticky black sauce. It was unbelievably good. The fried banana was good too, so was the fried cassava.

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

The Dieng Restaurant: Good Quality Indonesian food

by bkarjee Written Dec 28, 2005

Dieng Restaurant in Wonosobo

While on our way back from Wonosobo to Jogja, I stopped by this roadside restaurant on the recommendation of my driver cum guide Wisnu. He told that the food is good, the restaurant is spacious and the good view of the highway and the valley. It was already lunch time, so I decided to stop and try the local fare. Moreover, they would provide free food to Wisnu also. I had white rice, green vegetables with mushroom, Sambal chicken asparagus soup and Satay with Coke. All this for just IDR 24 K. The ambience of the hotel is good and the rest rooms were clean. We were there for almost one hour and the time was well spent

Favorite Dish: Asparagus soup and Chicken Ayam

• Tirta Corner Lounge: Feel the Difference

by tirtacorner Written May 13, 2007

Tirta Corner is the only Lounge concept in Wonosobo.It has a great view of mount Sundoro and also we came up with the different atmosphere ever in Wonosobo city.Soft tone lamps, smooth jazz music,sofas and great beverages and light meals are available. Our foods and beverages are made from fresh ingredients and also from our own homemade recipies by our chef who has an international experience for years. If you like swimming, also try our swimming pool which is available in our area. Big parking lot also available up to 8 big buses.

Favorite Dish: All foods are delicious. We provide light meals such as Hamburger and Fried Chicken which is a homemade recipies as the regular Menu. And if you come in a big group we can also provide choices of Full Course Menu (reservation needed)
    And remember,all regular Menu are cheap in price and high in quality.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Wonosobo

Comments

Wonosobo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wonosobo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wonosobo sightseeing.