Madiun Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Madiun

• theo1006's Profile Photo

Train from Yogya to Madiun

by theo1006 Updated Apr 2, 2010

There are seven trains daily from Yogyakarta to Madiun, some run in the dead of night.

As per April 2010 the schedule was:
    ARGO WILIS, dep. 14:08, arr. 16:20, executive Rp 130,000
    BIMA, dep. 00:47, arr. 02:59, executive Rp 130,000
    GAJAYANA, dep. 01:30, arr. 03:43, executive Rp 150,000
    MUTIARA SELATAN, dep. 01:13, arr. 03:24, business Rp 80,000
    SANCAKA PAGI, dep. 07:15, arr. 09:28, business Rp 50,000, executive Rp 75,000
    SANCAKA SORE, dep. 16:00, arr. 18:09, executive Rp 75,000
    TURANGGA, dep. 02:35, arr. 04:49, executive Rp 130,000

You can check for yourself the latest schedule on: http://kereta-api.co.id/ .The site is in Indonesian, but you need only to fill in on the right: Tanggal = your date of travel , Asal = Yogyakarta, Tujuan = Madiun, then click [Tampilkan].

• Trains

• Local Car Rental - DO NOT use this company. Cheats

by keshavarao Written Mar 28, 2009

We hired a car with driver (Avenza) for two days. They made us pay up front for both days.
    The next day the car that came was absolutely different and in very bad shape. They refused to change the car and refused to return my money. We returned the car but lost our money.

NEVER RENT A CAR IN MADIUN FROM SURYA CITRA TRAVEL. BIG CHEATS.

My curses on them. They will have so many accidents and maintenance problems they will become bankrupt and broke very soon.

• lianto's Profile Photo

Train From Madiun

by lianto Written Oct 15, 2007

I was suppose to depart from Solo to Malang, East Java. But since i couldn't get any ticket by minibus or train, so i had decided to buy the Gajayana train, depart from Madiun, which it runs from Jakarta to Malang. On my ticket stated Executive Gajayana, depart at. 03.49am. At 11pm i started my trip to Madiun by car, Had to depart earlier as it is in Idul Fitri holiday season. Anticipated the road must be crowded. But beyond our expectation, we arrive in Madiun at about 1,5 hour drive. It was still early, so I decided to have supper, just opposite the train station. It is not difficult to locate the train station, as Madiun is such a small city. The signboard is clear and informative.
    I waited patiently for the train, to kill time i had some pictures of madiun train station. Generally it is just like other train station around Indonesia. Dirty and bad maintained. Less than one hour of scheduled departure time, they announced the delayed of the train for approximately 4-4,5 hours. I was panicked, but i manage to get me a small motel aournd the corner. it was expensive, i paid 95,000 rp. for a few hours sleep. The room was horrible, dirty bedsheet, cramp bathroom and dirty too. couldn't have a better choice.
    i set off to the station at 05.30. And i had to wait for another two hours before the actual train arrived. totally the train delayed for almost 4 hours. When i asked for confirmation when the train will be there exactly, the station master answered me, saying,"it is a train, what do you expect?"

Interior of Gajayana was horrible, broken reclining seat, dirty toilet, the door that can't be shut. it is filthy. this is the caused of bad mantainance and also the consumer failed to contribute the garbage.

It was around 12.40 when i arrived in malang at last. I am glad to get off the train, after a long wait to the destination.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Madiun

Comments

Madiun Transportation

Reviews and photos of Madiun transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Madiun sightseeing.