Balikpapan Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Balikpapan

• vayastra's Profile Photo

visit crocodile farm

by vayastra Written Oct 22, 2007

For I never imagined that I went to Crocodile Farm, then my friends took me to one of the farm in Balikpapan, OMG!! I was freaked out to see hundred of crocodiles running around..argghh

but it was a great experience though.

They sell crocodile meat too to grill and make satay :)
    but I didn't brave enough to try one :(

• Farm Stay

Tourist Office

by kissman Written Jun 15, 2006

My son Fateh in front of Tourist Office

I tried to get map or brochure about Balikpapan from the hotel we stayed (Hotel Pacific) and also a bookstore in Plaza Balikpapan but both don't have any. So we visited the Tourist Office a.k.a in Indonesian, 'Kantor Pariwisata Kota Balikpapan' on their brochure or 'Dinas Pariwisata' on their building signboard.

The guys there were very helpful and we finally got a tourist brochure of Balikpapan. We wish we got there ealier in our visit so that we could plan our itinerary better. Oh well, a lesson learnt is not a waste I guess.

Getting Around

by kissman Updated May 8, 2006

Balikpapan Map

Armed with some info from internet about Balikpapan, we landed safely albeit with a little trepidation about the place. It was a relief after checking-in knowing that the hotel is not far from Balikpapan town center. In fact, I would say that Balikpapan Plaza, the town's only shopping mall, is the town center itself. We tried to get Balikpapan map there but they don't have it. And the hotel does not have one either. I think the first two days we were running around without a bearing and it actually resulted in us going to the Crocodile Farm & Pantai Manggar on two different days even though they are near to each other.

Hence, here's a Balikpapan map scanned from Tourist Office brochure. This is sort of my gratitude for those who have put info on the net. Hopefully it will help others though the resolution quality is not that good.

Tarzan

by black_mimi99 Written Dec 18, 2006

chris looking jane

Chris wanna try to be Tarzan, hanging and swing...... luckily he not say Ahooaaaaaa.... wonder where is Jane????

Canopy Bridge

by black_mimi99 Written Dec 18, 2006

mi's

When your step on this bridge, the great experience you will have.... See the forest under your feet.

Local Port

by black_mimi99 Written Dec 17, 2006

mi's

Almost evening when I reach this local port for traditional boat. And also where the local house located on the beach.... Nice people and friendly smile.

Pasar Kebun Sayur

by kissman Updated May 8, 2006

My wife, Norlida, inside the Kebun Sayur shop

Good for buying souvenirs esp. those home deco items from this region. Not sure about gold since I'm from Malaysia and feel that it's cheaper & better design in Malaysia compare to Balikpapan.

Instant Answers: Balikpapan

Comments

Balikpapan Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Balikpapan things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Balikpapan sightseeing.