Java Transportation

• canuckmike's Profile Photo

Garuda Indonesia

by canuckmike Written Sep 13, 2008

Garuda Indonesia Ticket

This is the airline that I used to take my two flights on Java. I found them to be decently priced, have lots of flights, good food, lots of destinations and all the amenities you would want on short flights. Although it doesn't compare to some other airlines such a Emirates and Singapore but from what I hear, it's much better compared to the other airlines that fly on this island. Talking with Indonesians afterwards, they were glad I used this airline to get around. The one problem that I had with this airline was that when I checked in, the attendant originally put me on an earlier flight then the one I had the ticket for. When she found out her error, she took my bordering pass and then gave me a new one for my proper flight. What she didn't do was change the flight my luggage was on. So when I arrived and didn't get my bag, I was worried. Luckily it was waiting for me in a corner from the earlier flight.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Jakarat to Bandung by minivan

by SLLiew Updated Sep 29, 2006

Road outside Jakarta - no traffic jam

There are regular minvans from hot humid busy Jakarta to the cool highlands of Bandung.

The road climbs up the hills to pass by Bogor and the majestic Puncak Pass and views to the highland plateau of Bandung town.

Bandung is university town with a manufacturing hub of clothes, etc. An excellent stopover to get to Yogyakarta and Central Java.

Instant Answers: Java

Comments

Java Transportation

Reviews and photos of Java transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Java sightseeing.