Perahu - Traditional long boat in Maluku
If you come around in the Lease Islands like the other eastern islands you will find the great "Perahu" like this- the traditional boath used by the ancestors of Maluku.
Here seen at Sapaura in the village Ihamahu.
This boats may used and make ready for an "acara" for one of the big festivals or ceremonys of the villages in Pulau Saparua.Related to:
- Arts and Culture
- Historical Travel
Durian fruits in Maluku!
At the northern Villages in Saparua you will find the big mighty trees, -
here a Durian tree.
In this hights this specials come -
as I hear it is difficult to get them!
But its soon at the market, and traditional artistic on the way home (see photo)-
and as I see, not only in Indonesia , same the people of Maluku and special in the little village in north Saparua like Durian.
To open and probe the durian fruits seems like same easy like in Germany to eat an apple!
The family was with this portion Durian in less than 1/2 hours ready!
The Durian is special - the vieving and consistence remembers a little at Chester Cheese....
So if it is recommended to try to probe the Durian fruits - where the durian trees are next door at the border of villageRelated to:
- National/State Park
- Food and Dining
Maluku, the Spicy islands under the equator
Maluku "die Gewürzinseln" - Ambon and Lease,
the "Spicy Islands" is the well known synonym for this nice area.
Here at photo of a street view at high noon in Saparua -
see the fresh harvested spicies dry in the sun.Related to:
- Arts and Culture
Maluku Province Hotels
Good for: Families
Penginapan Patra in Laha village is quite terrible, there is a lot mosquitoes, even with aircon...more
Vita is a quite nice place at the waterfront with a little garden. 2 bed rooms for 130000 Rupies...more
Top Maluku Province Hotels
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
Explore the World
- Philippines Hotels
- Cicero Hotels
- Greater Accra Region Hotels
- Arrochar Hotels
- Albuquerque Off The Beaten Path
- Kauai Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Victoria Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Hamburg Off The Beaten Path
- Niagara Falls Off The Beaten Path
- Sorrento Off The Beaten Path
- Canberra Off The Beaten Path