Danau Toba Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Danau Toba

Danau Toba International Cottage: Restaurant at Hill Top

by AngMimi Written Jun 16, 2013

Hill Top Restaurant.

We had most of our meal here at the hotel because its convenient and wi-fi only available in the restaurant, well, we spent most of time here and admired the beautiful sceneries of Danau Toba.

One the morning, you can have toast with jam/butter or you like to try the local foods of Nasi Goreng, mihun Goreng, bubur nasi and bubur kacang.

1st nite Dinner, we had fish fillet in sweet and sour sauce, nasi goreng special danau toba and bakso fish balls. 2nd night Chicken curry with potatoes and white rice and we had coke, coffee and ice lemon tea while checking emails, FB and VT.

Oh yes, you need a long and tired walk up to the Restaurant, you can ask for a ride on the motorbike at the reception. :-))

Favorite Dish: Nasi Goreng Danau Toba Special. You can't go wrong ordering Nasi Goreng anytime in asia.

Kacang-kacang: Ladies selling peanuts

by AngMimi Written Jun 16, 2013

While waiting at Tiga Raja Harbour for our boat to Tomok in Samosir Island. This lady with a big basket came over to sell her steamed peanuts, I tried one, tasted nice but not delicious and I bought a pack for IDR10,000 (about MYR3), I don't try to bargain, just helping them to earn a living. Most of the peanuts are grown on the Island, the ladies selling peanuts are everywhere in Parapat and Tomok. So I buy peanut from you and you let me take your picture with VT Flag, ok :-)))

Lady with Basket: Mie In Cup

by AngMimi Written Jul 26, 2012

In the boat, you can see lady holding a basket full of instant noodles (mie) in cup and titbits and another hand holding a hot water flask. If you feel hungry, have a cup of hot noodles, Indonesia do have their own instant noodles and its quite delicious. The lady will pour the hot water into the cup and wait for at least 3 mins before you slurppppppp the noodles. The lady is really amazing, she could jump or crossed over to another boat so easy...

Picture 2 and 3, another lady with basket, I like looking at her and guessing, is she a man? observed her for sometimes and I caught her picking her nose, GROSSS!!! Hahaha...

Eating stall at Parapat Jetty: Nasi Soto Medan / Nasi Padang

by AngMimi Written Jul 14, 2012

Nasi Padang

After getting the ferry from Samosir Island to Parapat. We are all so hungry, I have 3 Muslim friends with me, so we try to have halal food most of our trip here in Parapat and Medan. Our Driver - Khairul and Komerk took us to this small eating shop, just infront of the jetty.

Some of my friends have Nasi Padang, while I and Fiza have Nasi Soto Medan. All are so tasty and delicious plus cheap too. Tasty because too HUNGRY!!! No complaint..

• Jenny's: Good ambience, good food, good host

by funcheong Written Jul 3, 2011

The place is very easy to spot with the good ambience and open surroundings.

All of us ordered chicken-steak with salad since it's a western food restaurants. It's a bit salty and little spicy but it was overall good.

I think what makes this place is the owner. He sings sometimes and has a good rapport with his customers. We had a chat with him after the dinner and knows more about the Batak village. He did mention that if we were to come here next time, he'll bring us around those places that are usually unknown to tourists.

The food price ranges from 20.000-50.000 IDR.
    My food+drinks are just 38.000 IDR.

• Adventure Travel

• Chezal's Profile Photo

Bamboo Cafe in Tuk Tuk: The best chicken curry ever with a view.

by Chezal Written Aug 4, 2010

One of the best places to eat and socialise in Tuk Tuk.
    It's a very chilled out place with a brilliant view where you could happily spend your day with friends. The owner Roy is very friendly and knowledgeable and always happy to help.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Curry it's was recommended to me my a friend and I can't say I was disappointed. I eat it every time I visit.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Thyesza guest house and restaurant: Späztle, for a change

by kokoryko Written Jun 12, 2009

Here they are, the Sp��tzle !

Ah, it is supposed to be a restaurant tip! Here it comes. . . . :)
    There is choice on the menu list at the restaurant, but I found it fun to have Spätzle, in the deep heart of Sumatra! I can tell you they were wonderful, with lots of fried onion, just like I like them! Anna explained me she learned to make and cook Spätzle from the Swiss people who implemented and run fish farms on Lake Toba; she learned well! Sorry, you only can see them on the first picture, can’t smell or taste :)! On the second picture you see a glass of passion fruit juice (a local red variety), and, as Spätzle woulkd not be enough, I also had fried chicken (Ayam goreng). Sitting on a terrace with bright view over the lake, good food, fruit juice (No beer when motor biking. . . ), what else can we need? This restaurant was just a very nice surprise, discovery whilst biking on the island.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Thyesza guest house and restaurant.: Späztle in Samosir ! Yes!

Nice setting

North of Ambarita, I noticed a sign on the side of the road as I was biking past on the rented motorbike, indicating a restaurant and a resort on the shore of the lake; as I was hungry I decided to have a look and I was even more interested when I arrived, and caught sight of a board (picture 2) indicating: “homemade Späztle”. What a surprise, would be a change and funny to eat this typical German (from German speaking countries!) dish.
    This place is ideally located on the shore of the lake (picture 3), far from the main road, and once on the shore of the lake, you can enjoy the quietude of Samosir and Lake Toba (picture 1)! Anna, the manager of the guest house, showed me the dining area on a concrete terrace, not very elegant, but the trees are nice (picture 4), and there is a nice view over the lake; she would come later and explain the menu. Just in case, if you do not like the food or have not enough, there are water pear trees (picture 5) next to the restaurant, and they are good to eat.

New Tomok Restaurant: Western and local

by kokoryko Updated Jun 12, 2009

The sign for the restaurant

I did not see a lot of restaurants in Tomok, as I was looking for some food after walking around in the village, the market and between the old traditional houses; In the main street, close to the stairs leading up to the King’s tomb is the New Tomok Restaurant, located in a small house, with a terrace on the street side; the terrace is protected from the street by a bamboo fence; the place was pleasant, with few customers enjoying the food: nothing special, you can even order for western food, if you miss (steaks, ribs. . . . ); I had a traditional nasi goreng (fried rice) and vegetables (gado gado); a very simple place; on the left side of the second picture, is the menu of this place (also called Kings tomb coffee shop), and you notice that the local beer is available:).

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Tried a lot; do not remember the names: Padang or chinese food; with luck: Batak

Padang food on display

On the main street of Parapat are plenty of restaurants, small restaurants, very simple, popular places. We are in Batak country, but most restaurants are either Padang style or Chinese style; does that mean that most customers are tourists coming from Indonesia, and locals stay at home for dinner? Probably.
    No problem, I love the spicy Padang food, and in Padang restaurants, you see before what you will eat or what you can choose; the food was fresh and good in the restaurants of Parapat I visited, and if I did not find something special, I enjoyed my meals. Ah! Padang restaurants are Muslim, so if you want a beer, enquire before sitting at a table, some restaurants do not serve beer, and for myself, I cannot drink a sweet drink with food!
    In the Chinese restaurants you may have a chance to eat something Batak; I had grilled and chopped pork skin one evening (picture 3), with cassava leaves prepared like spinach; a bit surprising at the beginning, but I liked the crisp pieces of thick skin with hot chilli sauce.
    So, you will not starve in Parapat, but probably not make culinary discoveries. . . .

• Jaqwi: best reestaurant in 8 weeks!

by davepearce Updated Mar 15, 2007

Superb restauant, the best I have found in 8 weeks travel in Indonesia! At last something different than Nasi Goreng! Great range of dishes, all moderately priced (as in max 20K, or $2). I have been back three times and had the cookery course!

Favorite Dish: The steamed fish is so succulent and the sauce so rich!

• Cruise

Instant Answers: Danau Toba

Comments

Danau Toba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Danau Toba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Danau Toba sightseeing.