Pulau Batam Restaurants

• Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Pulau Batam

Golden Prawn Seafood Restaurant: Kampong-Styled Seafood Restaurant

by Aidy_p Updated Sep 10, 2011

This restaurant is a mainstay for tourist groups. Once they arrive at the restaurant, they will be funnelled into a souvenir and dried food shop. Though prices here are relatively higher than those around Batam, it is still a wothwhile stop to stock up, especially for those who are in Batam for only one day and may not have the chance to visit anywhere else in their itinerary.

The restaurant was relatively large in terms of floor area with many plastic chairs and tables.

The ambience was rather "kampong" style with Teresa Teng's music blaring off the speakers. I believe they offer a chance for tourists who want to try out their hands in fishing too.

Favorite Dish: We gobbled up everything that was laid on the table. Erm, nearly everything. We just could not finish the plate of "gong gong" or shell fish. Not our "cup of tea".

Here're The Gong Gongs Colleagues & I Having a Feast Good Spread of Food

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

Sunset Restaurant: The seafood is great here

by bkarjee Written May 18, 2006

This seafood restaurant called Sunset restaurant is one of those restaurants built on stilts over the sea and offers great ambience during evening hours. The restaurant is very spacious and the food is very very cheap. The fares served are mainly Indonesian, chinese and lots of sea food.

Favorite Dish: We liked the Thai TomYum soup and the Mee Goreng here

Sunset Sea food restaurant

• 1Jez's Profile Photo

No Name: Restaurant on the Water

by 1Jez Written Mar 28, 2006

This is a real local restaurant.
    Really off the beaten track, you have to be taken here to know that it exists.
    The beach is lovely, the outlook to the sea is great. A great romantic place, especially at sunset.
    The seating area is over the sea.
    Choice of Seafood at local prices.
    Fried Rice and Noodles

Its that sort of place you would take that special someone if you wanted a romantic time on a budget.

Favorite Dish: I had the Special Noodles which were great.
    I cant rave about the seafood as I did not have it. But they welcomed me into the cooking area and I reckon thats a good sign and it was clean and simple.

• rajitravel's Profile Photo

Local food and drinks

by rajitravel Written Mar 28, 2006

The local food in Batam is hot, spicy but delicious. The dishes mainly revolves around curry, rice, mutton, seafood, vegetables, chilli and coconut. A local drink worth trying is the avocado fruit drink. Food and drinks at Batam are generally very cheap.

Favorite Dish: Padang food is the most favourite food. I love to pack it to Singapore.

• danlisha's Profile Photo

Kelong Seafood Restaurant: Seafood on the Sea

by danlisha Updated May 21, 2008

As the name suggest, it a seafood restaurant literally on the sea. A wooden structure built so close to the sea that it can get pretty cold during dinner. Dinner came in a large variety but while enjoying the food, do enjoy the atmosphere. The coldness of the wind, the crashing of the waves, the smell of the salty sea, etc.

Our dinner was eventful. The service and food was great. Plus, we managed to sneak a birthday surprise too! Because a free birthday cake, candles and the whole restaurant staff singing is definitely a shocker to the birthday girl! Plus the buggy ride back, she was pleased..

Sign Floating Restaurant Colorful Dinner Birthday Gal Buggy Ride
    • Beaches

Pronto Pizzeria: Tastiest Pizza In Batam

by Aidy_p Written Sep 9, 2011

Located in the heart of Harris Resort, this pizza place is really different from other pizza joints. Everything was self-made and I believe what makes everything taste so nice was that it was heated in a furnace that used wood to keep the fire burning.

The cost of the pizza is pretty reasonable from S$16 onwards.

Favorite Dish: I really love their meat pizzas. Their hawaiian was not too bad. The crispy crust tasted wonderful too.

Preparing Pizzas Slotting the Pizza Into the Oven Crusty Pizza

Delima Seafood: Dilemma at Delima

by Aidy_p Written Sep 9, 2011

Discovering what Batam has to offer. That was what my family and I had wanted to do. So we checked with the resort and they said that they nearest seafood place was about a 5-minute ride by taxi.

My main concern whenever I travel is whether the joruney there and the location itself are safe for my family. But the resort staff assured us that it was safe and that the taxis were located within the resort. Thus, they would know the drivers. Still, we were careful.

We arrived at the seafood place in all of 5 minutes. We scanned the place - looked quite dodgy but at least there was one family around. Safety in numbers I guess.

But if you were to ask me, I may not return to this restaurant as the place is not the most welcoming, and the food? Poorly presented though the plus points are that the food is reasonably priced and it tasted quite good too.

Suggest that one goes in the day rather than at night.

Favorite Dish: Their fried squid tasted lovely. The prawns are not too bad too.

• summer77's Profile Photo

Lingga Seafood 933: good enough for my palate

by summer77 Written Oct 19, 2008

Located in the food street of Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre, this 'zi-char' stall is comparative to our local fare. Had HK-style steamed garoupa (good but fish tad small), cereal prawns (yum!), salted veg soup (fishballs & sliced fishcakes within?) and chili (yes) & butter (no) crab. By SG standards, it's definitely not expensive but by Batam standards, 50 cents for a bowl of rice? Hmm... anyway since we saved S$20 2-way going to the famous Golden Prawn, it's worth it..!

• explore_discover's Profile Photo

Padang Food: Its there every where

by explore_discover Written Apr 24, 2007

While in Indonesia no one can escape from Padang Delights, Padang is considered the best Indonesian food cooked with lot of spices and great taste.

Favorite Dish: Nasi Putih (White Rice) and Ikan Goreng (Fish Fried) or Ikan Bakar (Grilled Fish) Kakap Merah (Kakap Fish) and Padang's Best the Rendang (Beef cooked in coconut oil and the cooking takes over 3 hours) Usually it cost around US$1 and Maximum US$2 per person

A Typical Padang Food outlet

• kenari's Profile Photo

A padang food restaurant

by kenari Written Feb 11, 2007

The restaurant is recomended by my driver....is padang food restaurant ...so they served us with number of dishes like a king!!!!look at the photo ,at the end we need to take 5 minutes break before we can move....

look at the food!!!!

• rajitravel's Profile Photo

street food on Barelang Bridge

by rajitravel Written Mar 28, 2006

Here's one example by what I meant that the Barelang Bridge is causing some business for the locals ; )

Look closely how large those crabs are in this packet. I'd sure would love to give 'em a try if only he didn't put 'em on the floor. But I guess if I stay in Indonesia long enough, I'll eventually give 'em a try ; )

Favorite Dish: My friend advised me not to eat it as it's not neat seafood. So I dint try it.

• y_lyn's Profile Photo

Godiva Coffee Bistro: Popular restaurant at Batam Centre

by y_lyn Written May 19, 2008

I ordered fish and chips, together with my favourite avocado drink with chocolate. Do try the avocado drink if you are in Batam, think it should be found in many of the restaurants there. It tastes really really good. My husband ordered steak and iced coffee. Other than western dishes, the restaurant serves local fares too at very affordable price.

Avocado Drink with Chocolate

• y_lyn's Profile Photo

A&W: A&W Fastfood Restaurant

by y_lyn Updated Feb 8, 2008

This restaurant had long extinct from Singapore. We had our lunch here before heading to the spa. I ordered the beef sausage bun (used to call it "corney dog") with curly fries and root beer. The bun was too dry and tough for my liking. My friends ordered the fried chicken wings and they didn't look appetizing as well. I only enjoyed eating the curly fries.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Golden Prawn 933 Seafood Restaurant (Part 1)

by victorwkf Updated Feb 11, 2008

You can eat very fresh, nice and seafood at this huge and popular seafood restaurant at Batam. Try the seafood with hot spicy chilli or black pepper and it will definitely wet your appetite. Others include local fishes, prawns, scallops, mussels, shellfishes etc etc. The price is also very reasonable and the surrounding is very nice and relaxing.

More photographs are at part 2 of this tip, and photos of the live seafood tanks of this restaurant are at the travelogue section of this VT page.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo

Mak Ateh Nasi Padang: What a Rip Off

by hassan_abu Written Nov 4, 2010

Surprisingly, this restaurant is popular with tourist. But we found this place a total rip off. Do not go here, even though recommended by travel agents, taxi drivers, hotel staffs, because these people get some kind of commission for bringing people here.

The whole table will be served with food. The logic being, you will be charged for only the food that you eat or touched.

But the prices is sky high. The rice alone is being charged per person (9,000 rupiah per head, regardless of children or adult). Normal price is about 3,000 rupiah.

Then the small potion of fried chicken cost 13,000 rupiah a piece. So, if you just eat a plate of rice and a small fried chicken, it will cost 22,000 rupiah. This is ridiculous, comparing to other reasonable restaurant, you could get a full meal with 2 main dish, vegetables and a side dish for the same amount.

Overall, we we charged closed to 600,000 rupiah for lunch for 8 adults and 3 children.

Amazing, considering our last night's seafood dinner with chilli crabs, prawns, cuttlefish and drinks costs us as much at the Harbourbay seafood restaurant.

Favorite Dish: nothing

Instant Answers: Pulau Batam

Comments

Pulau Batam Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pulau Batam restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Batam sightseeing.