There is a local convenient store along Jalan Perusahaan (about 50 metres from Sri Indah Hotel where I stayed) which sells groceries, stationaries, as well as snacks, food items and drinks. If you want to stock up some snacks and drinks in your hotel room, this is a good place to buy them.
If you are staying at Dabo town, there are good opportunities to try out the local Malay and Chinese food along the streets. During my 3 days there, I have tried the following food:
- Malay food: rice with various dishes such as curry fish, curry chicken, vegetables, eggs etc.
- Chinese food: Rice with various dishes such as prawns, vegetables, fish.
- Fried noodles and fried kway teow (Chinese style).
- Roti prata (Indian pancake) - The cooking here is different from singapore as they fried the roti prata and it is more crispy.
- Satay from wild boar meat (very tender and delicious).
- Soup noodles with fish ball.
The food at Dabo is very cheap and generally delicious, which I enjoyed.