Tanjungpinang Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Tanjungpinang

• Buddhist Temple with Panaromic view

by zorena Written Aug 27, 2009

There is a buddhist built on a hilltop with many Stone Sculptures Statues of 500 arahants, guanyin & etc.
    It's very relaxing and windy with nice view and we can see many nice art piece in this open air concept.
    The locals said that they feel very relaxing whenever they visit the temple and they feel happy.

• Religious Travel

Banana Boat

by y_lyn Written Jul 2, 2006

This is my first time trying out the banana boat. Once we were out to the sea, I started screaming as the boat went very fast and the waves were quite strong. The uncle was trying to drop us into the water too I think :)

• Water Sports

Pamper yourself at the Spa

by y_lyn Written Apr 4, 2006

On the second day before we depart the place, we went to "Tropika Spa" to have a body massage. We booked our package in Singapore. I had body scrub and milk bath.. price around $40. However, I was a bit disappointed with the milk bath as they just put some milk powder inside, not those type of snowy white bath.

Walkway to the Kelong

by y_lyn Written Apr 4, 2006

To get to the Kelong, you can either choose the long walkway or take the speedboat. Think most people will choose the latter as once you reach the place, it is already lunch time! It is amazing that they can drive their bike on the seemingly unstable walkway.

Main Street

by keeweechic Updated Jan 6, 2004

Main Street is overrun with motorbikes. There are no traffic lights or pedestrian crossings so you need to take care - survival of the quickest. It is said that Indonesians 'drive like fish' - that pretty much describes it. This was during a sudden downpour which happened for about 5 - 10 mins then cleared up again.

• Confucius's Profile Photo

Take a trip further back in time at Penyenget

by Confucius Written Jul 14, 2003

Penyenget is an excursion from Tanjung Pinang

This small island is only two and a half square kilometers and is just offshore of Tanjung Pinang. You can hire a cheap sampan boat to visit this historical center of the Riau Archipelago sultanate. The day trip lasts about 3 hours on foot and includes a mosque, old ruins, and descendants of the royal family.
    Join me for a candid tour of the island in my travelogue.

Helmet Shell

by keeweechic Updated Jun 5, 2003

The Helmet Shell sits on the beach front just out of the township and is pretty much the symbol of Tanjung Pinang. I don't know whether it has a tale to it or it is just for decorative purposes. White stone seals bask on the rocks below.

Stilt Houses

by keeweechic Updated Aug 17, 2006

Many houses in the old section of Tanjung Pinang are still built in the traditional way on stilts over water. A lot of rubbish unfortunately I found was just floating underneath.

Enclosed Swimming Pool

by y_lyn Written Apr 4, 2006

There is an enclosed swimming pool with a slide at the Kelong and I am sure kids would love to play inside this special pool.

• Water Sports

Nikoi Island

by y_lyn Written Apr 4, 2006

The uncle from the Kelong drove us to another island with his speedboat and we spent some time taking picture and exploring the place.

Fishing

Kelong scenery

As everything is so slow pace here, you may want to do your reading or even try fishing here while listening to the ripples of the water and admiring the scenery.

Watching the sunset

Lovely sunset at the Kelong

Worried that I won't be able to wake up early enough to watch the sunrise, I better grab my camera to take some pictures of the wonderful sunset viewed from the Kelong... Really fabulous!

Chinese Temple

by keeweechic Updated Jun 5, 2003

I cannot remember exactly where this was but it was on a drive we took out of Tanjung Pinang township. This temple complex was very small and not particularly significant but colourful.

Instant Answers: Tanjungpinang

Comments

Tanjungpinang Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Tanjungpinang things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tanjungpinang sightseeing.

View all Tanjungpinang hotels