Taman Safari, Jakarta

• cokes's Profile Photo

Safari Indo Style :-)

by cokes Updated Apr 4, 2011

Being from South Africa why would I wanted to go on Safari here. Anyway I decided to see what Taman Safari was really about and I have to say I really enjoyed myself. You can buy carrots before you enter and feed the animals as you drive through the park. There are many animals to see and also the animals are so use to getting fed that when you driving through the park they always coming up to the windows. They have a recreation centre which is very nice. They have a baby zoo where you can get you picture taken with Baby Animals like lions and tigers and so on. We reneted a car in Jakarta and drove here. It`s not far as we took just over 1 hour to get there. Also be warned that there is alot of traffic over the weekend so would be a good idea to go during the week unless you plan to stay over in Puncak.

• traveldream's Profile Photo

Day trip or stay in Bogor

by traveldream Written Sep 14, 2005

Caravan accommodations in Taman Safari

Bogor is a town only about an hour south from Jakarta. You can go there on a day trip, or spend a couple of nights.

Places to go there includes:
    - If you like animals, I'll recommend you for a day trip or stay at the park called Taman Safari where you can have a day or night safari, safari trek, safari camp, etc. (Click the link to go to my tips for more information.)
    - Kebun Raya Bogor*, a botanical garden built by Raffles.
    - Shopping: cheap bags/purse/backpacks in Tajur.
    - Picnic in Puncak
    - etc.

• National/State Park

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

Taman Safari or Safari Park.

by ukirsari Updated Sep 25, 2003

Andrey @ Taman Safari by ukirsari

Situated outside Bogor, this zoo has a different concept, comparing with zoo at Pasar Minggu, Jakarta. Not only animals we can see, but also amusement park, cottage, sky-lift (I do like this, because our views getting wider), mini train, and swimming pool. We can visit Siberian Tiger, hippopotamus, elephant, pigmey (kinda mixing baby hippo with pig, hmmm I do love this one, very nice!), grizzly bear, crocodile, ostrich, lion, several types of birds, buffalo, etc. *See my travelogues

The special shows from Taman Safari are; groupping the animals based on their types and habits. Like African Garden, Tigers (from Siberian, Sumatran ‘till Indian), Birds and Night Safari. Close to the amusement park, we can see flippers show and the monkeys. Try also Haunted House Show which makes me scream loud successfully! Meanwhile friend of mine; Damara and Andrey just added comments; Euh, what’s makes you soooo noisy, @rie?! :)

• National/State Park
    • Theme Park Trips

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

a zoo like NO other!!!!!

by DunaKal Written Feb 25, 2003

I always hated going to the zoo,but (Taman Safari) is unique,it has all animals in it`s natural habitat,with no cages srounding them,you get to cruise around in your own car or shuttle bus,it`s amazing to see the animals upclose.The best thing,the monkeys line up and pause to have thier picture taken;)

• Safari

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Taman Safari Indonesia

by black_mimi99 Written Jan 1, 2006

mi's

Taman Safari Indonesia.... lots of animal here and some we can touch it in free..... they also have nigh Safari.... where we can watch nigh animal...

Instant Answers: Jakarta