Jakarta Transportation

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Transjakarta Bus

by theguardianangel Written Mar 21, 2013
    Transjarkarta Bus

I really would like to experience to ride the bus in Jakarta like what most of the locals do. However, we find it hard to converse with the locals since only a few of them can speak English so it will be inconvenient for us to try it. Transjakarta busway is a series of bus lines operating on certain routes.

I noticed that you have to cross (something like) an overpass if you wish to ride the bus. There’s a counter in the entrance where you can pay for the fare. Ride costs IDR3500 per ride.
    I can definitely say that the locals are disciplined to form a line and wait patiently for the bus to arrive.

See also Transjakarta Route map at www.rutebusway.com

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Choose the right taxi!

by theguardianangel Written Mar 19, 2013

Express taxi

Easiest way of getting around Jakarta is to take a taxi. Please take caution in choosing a taxi especially in the airport. If you encounter informal agents outside the airport and will offer you to arrange or find transportation for you, ignore them. They will only expect you to be paid by both of you and the taxi driver.

I just want to share what my friend and I did when we arrived in the airport. It was 12am and we were looking for the right taxi. Well, the locals know when you’re a tourist so as expected; we were met by a number of “agents”, if that’s what you call them. We were offered with taxi services but since I have read a lot of precautions about it, I told my friend to walk fast and ignore them. We walked and walked until we got outside the gate. It’s really an adventure, haha! We waited along the highway for a Blue bird taxi to give us a ride!!! It was pretty scary at first because there were a number of black cars (taxis without prints but with roof lights) that stopped in front of us but we ignored. Luckily, after a few minutes, I saw a free blue bird taxi!!! Yey!!!

Paying for taxi, the meter begins at IDR 5000. Choose the safe taxis of Blue bird, Silver bird or Express taxi. Please also take note that the passengers have to pay for the toll gate so you should prepare a few bills in your pocket. As I remembered, we passed 1or 2 toll gates from the airport. Another thing, once the taxi gets out or in the city (from airport), you have to pay another IDR30,000 aside from the amount indicated in the meter.

Contact Numbers:

Silver Bird: +6221 798 1001

Blue Bird: +6221 794 1234

Express Taxi: +6221 560 9009 or +6221 570 910

• ullfri49's Profile Photo

Gambir Station

by ullfri49 Updated Mar 16, 2013

Stasion Kereta Api Gambir, Railwaystation Jakarta

Gambir station is the one of the important railway stations in Jakarta- ever a good adress for a tour to Bandung with Parayangan or Argo Gede Train..

Here at photo a view from visitors platform of nearby MONAS (Monumen Nasional) at the roof of "Stasion KA Gambir".see one of the silver KA train under the roofs. Gambir staion is the greatest KA station in Jakarta.

By the way the "KA" means "Kereta Api" the "fire carriage"- in modern times it is not more so only in the railway museum in Ambhara you will see the old real kereta api....

View at photo more to east, direction east Jakarta are usually flat buildings (seen 2006)- in northeast see more and more higher buildings, a rich area, in direction cost side of Jakarta.

In second photo we are waiting for our train, destination to the cool preanger mountains around Bandung so 180 km away.

If interest, find more at the "KA-Train" internetside - the Railway Group of Indonesia.

• Trains

• eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

Only Golden Bird!

by eagerexplorer Written Jul 5, 2012

No other taxi company exhibits professionalism more than Golden Bird! The drivers are courteous and prompt, and would even recommend good places to visit.

Reservation desk was very timely in replying to my questions through e-mail.

You'll have to pay a bit more though, but it was very well worth it. Couldn't find fault in them!

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Unwind BEFORE your flight

by stamporama Written Jun 26, 2012
    Look for sign near Departure Hall gate D2

My flight home is at midnight...I've already checked out of the hotel and I had my bags in tow...I don't want to shop or tour anymore...and with the airport 30 kms. away, I don't want to gamble about the risk of traffic delaying my trip to the airport if I leave too late.

So when I got to the airport at 6 pm, it was too early to check in so I decided to while away the time at the D'Consulate lounge which is open to all passengers. For a fee of 180,000 rupiah (USD 19 as of June 2012), you can relax in A/C lounge for 4 hours, free use of PCs with internet, WIFI also available, buffet with drinks, watch TV, take a shower, and for a few rupiahs more have a reflexology session.

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Taxi to/from airport

by stamporama Written Jun 26, 2012
    Airport Blue Bird stand

You've probably read that when it comes to Jakarta taxis, take only Blue Bird or Pusaka (also owned by Blue Bird) cabs. That's fairly easy as most taxis you'll see are Blue Bird and Pusaka but not all taxis that are blue are from this company so be sure to check the name.

Upon emerging from the airport arrivals, look for the Blue Bird stand (see photo) by the curb and there's a dispatcher there who you should inform that you need a cab and he'll give you a number if there's a queue. From the airport aside from the amount on the meter you'll also pay for the toll fees.

If you can afford it another option is to take a Silver Bird which uses Benzes in their fleet. Drop by their booth in the arrivals area as you'd need to pay up first.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Singapore Airlines!

by lmkluque Updated May 13, 2012

Quick but Dangerous?

Definitely, the best way to get to Jakarta is by Singapore Airlines. This was the most impressive airlines I have ever traveled on. The sevice was attentive and the food was an interesting variety of Eastern and Western dishes and exellent flavors.

I believe they have a public transportation system, but I did not take advantage of it so can't help you there.

One thing I noticed that was intriguing was the 'taxi ferry.' Guys on small motorcycles will zip you through the heavy traffic for a relatively small price. I didn't take advantage of that either.

Lucky me, I had friends with private cars and drivers to drive us where ever we wanted to go, No stress during rush hour (almost 24 hours a day) and very good air-con. Lovely.

• Taxi - in Jakarta

by lizarashid Written Feb 27, 2012

My first trip to Jakarta was from 15-18 June 2011.
    I can considered it as business-cum-personal trip. Being a first timer in foreign land was interesting as it was a long while that i managed to be on trips again..
    As usual..i did all the research on Jakarta before i depart..but no matter how much research you do..you're bound to missed out on something...
    Obviously...if you want to travel ...be it anywhere at all... as long it is out of your comfort zone .. always be mentally prepared for the journey...
    My means of transportation while in Jakarta was the taxi..and mind you.. there are few taxi's company available...and all have different standards of charges..
    Since i am a female travelling alone..then...until i managed to make some friends there..i was advise to get on the Blue Bird taxi..it is said that the Blue Birds taxi are reliable and at average charges...
    So travelling members.. if you so happen to drop by Jakarta... do get on the Blue colour taxi..

• mkurniawan's Profile Photo

Travel agent in Indoneisa (Airline Ticket)

by mkurniawan Updated Feb 17, 2012
    www.maheswaritravel.com

Maheswari travel agent situated in the central of jakarta, if you need a hotel voucher, domestic and international airline tickets, please contact our travel maheswari, email : reservasi@maheswaritravel.com or visit our website

Tag:Tiket Promo, Tiket Murah, Tiket Pesawat Promo, Tiket Pesawat Murah

• cokes's Profile Photo

Batavia Air

by cokes Written Nov 6, 2011

When I was in Jakarta I was looking for a flight to Bali and ended up taking a flight with Batavia Air. We flew with a Airbus A320 which was a relieve for me as I`m not a big fan of flying with the Macdonald Douglas planes. On the flight we got something to eat. We got a bread roll and water which is not really that great but better then nothing. The flight attendants was friendly and helpful and the flight was good.

I would consider flying with them again.

• cokes's Profile Photo

Express Taxi "white toyota"

by cokes Written Nov 6, 2011

I no everyone says use the Bluebird Taxi when in Jakarta. I would say Bluebird is a great taxi service but I also used Express Taxi as well. I must say I never had any problems with them ,they took me straight to my destination and the cost of using the Express Taxi is cheaper then Bluebird. It`s also a meter taxi but I found Express Taxi to be at least 20 000IDR cheaper then Bluebird. The only thing which is different compared to Bluebird is that when you order a Express Taxi they always seem to be late. If you want to order a taxi to fetch at a certain location and at a certain time then I would say in my opinion Bluebird would be better but in general Express Taxi service is good.

• ullfri49's Profile Photo

Jakarta Map

by ullfri49 Updated Sep 16, 2011

Jakarta, here on the jalan tol to southern part

There are now some good new maps of Jakarta, and so don`t forget to buy one of them.
    Sometimes - in special if you are invited by a friend - you will need a guide trought the Ibukota Jakarta, which is ONE Megacity -together with the neighbouring citys Bogor, Bekasi ,Tangerang, Serpong....

So take the map with you if you go outside from Jakarta pusat, it can be, that the taxidriver is not so shure in the ouside areas.

I had this probem while looking to the German International School in Serpong. Serpong is in this time (2006) in quick change, very much new buildings and new connection streets- and so maybe no wonder, that the taxi driver had to ask very much - - for luck I had a Jakarta map to support and a handphone...

• Architecture

• Local Guide and Interpreter

by antiqfan3e Updated Jul 22, 2011

ive spent some time with this Local guide. mr.Nugraha 6221 92750486, he does english-bahasa interpreting and assists several business needs. he provides rented cars too with a cheap usd40/day. he takes anywhere you wanna go, with clever advice and improvization on avoiding traffic jam. if u ure blank and very in need of assistance. he can be a very experienced liaison.

• Spa and Resort

• tenluk's Profile Photo

Bajaj, orange and noisy

by tenluk Written Jun 11, 2011

Bajaj, we called for this transportation in Jakarta. Seat for only 2 passengers with its unique bright orange colour and noisy engine like vespa. Fare must be bargain, so better ask an Indonesian for the fare of your destination then bargain and pay accordingly.

• markustm's Profile Photo

Great Transportation from Sukarno-Hatta Airport

by markustm Updated Apr 4, 2011

Damri Airport Buses

Getting out the airport, once you have cleared immigration, and collected your bags is really easy in Sukarno- Hatta Airport, as long as you ignore the touts.

Locals use DAMRI buses which at this time cost 35.000 rupiah, and can take you to most destinations within Jakarta. If you are heading to the Jl.Jaksa area of Central Jakarta, take a DAMRI bus to the train station, then take a blue bird taxi from the station. The cost should be no more than 15.000 to 20.000 for the taxi.

If you do not want to stay in Jakarta. Cipaganti also have a booking office inside the airport, where you can take a direct air-conditioned mini- bus to Bandung. This tends to cost more than other services which have an office in the airport. Damri, also have a direct bus service to Bogor.

Never follow a tout, they are actually selling you a bad service, and outside the terminal. There are plenty of genuine buses, and taxis you can book- and have an affordable, and safe journey into Jakarta, Bandung or even Bogor.

Instant Answers: Jakarta

Comments

Jakarta Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jakarta transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jakarta sightseeing.