Tawangmangu Travel Guide

Hotel Komajaya Komaratih, Tawangmangu

Tawangmangu Restaurants

• bpacker's Profile Photo

by bpacker Written Feb 6, 2006

Definition of Jeruk Bali : A huge citrus fruit the size of a small soccer ball. The exterior is green and spongy while the interior contains segments of fleshy, juicy segments. It's called a (jeruk bali) 'Balinese orange' in Java with 'Jeruk' being the ubiquitous term for anything that resemble a citrus fruit. It's simply called a Pomelo in Singapore.

Favorite Dish: Just opposite the Candi Sukuh lies a little fruit orchard where clusters of Pomelo Trees could be found. When I asked my guide for the local name of the fruit, he replied "Jeruk Bali", it led me to think it was a strange looking orange that came from Bali. And the orange was bloody big too. It was only after I returned home that I found out it was simply a Pomelo. Duh!

Tawangmangu Off The Beaten Path

• egonwegh's Profile Photo

by egonwegh Updated Jan 25, 2007

That's me in front of the Tawangmangu waterfall. Underneath the waterfall is a pond and at that same level, down below in the gorge, you'll also find a restaurant - I had a small bottle of Tehbotol there, a local drink similar to ice tea (I already knew our tour guide dislikes the taste very much, but it tasted okay to me ...)

Waterfall, Tawangmangu

• egonwegh's Profile Photo

by egonwegh Written Jan 24, 2007

We visited this spot on a rainy day. The waterfall can be reached along a somewhat slippery footpath, but it is well worth the effort! It is a prominent tourist attraction in this region, lots of locals come here too - we visited on a national holiday, Ascension Day.

Waterfall, Tawangmangu
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

• Tawangmangu Hotels

0 Hotels in Tawangmangu

Instant Answers: Tawangmangu

Comments

Tawangmangu Travel Guide
Map of Tawangmangu