Prambanan Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Prambanan

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Tourist Trap

by bpacker Written Jun 7, 2006

Everything outside the periphery of Prambanan is a manicured tourist trap. It starts from the admission office, right to where the fountain is and the litter of shops that sells cheap souvenirs.

Unique Suggestions: Better to sit at the fountain to take a breather than to buy a souvenir

• xuessium's Profile Photo

BODOR to go Kraton Ratu Boko

by xuessium Updated Apr 2, 2005

KratonRakuBoko

Even the Lonely Planet marketed it as a place to visit while you are around Prambanan. After a visit to Prambanan, this is a site to be missed as they charged an arm and a leg just to enter the place at 100000 Rupiahs (or US$10) pax! I went in regardless, and found the place totally to be devoid of interest except for a pair of symmetrical gates. (I did get a certificate at the end though, certifying I was here, much to my amusement)

Unique Suggestions: Well, my mates and I pool our resources and send myself, the camera-man, to go in solo to take pictures instead. No way are we paying 400000 Rupiahs!

Fun Alternatives: Just stay at Prambanan! It's fantastic and breathtaking enough!

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Prambanan

Comments

Prambanan Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Prambanan tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prambanan sightseeing.