Places to eat in Yogyakarta Special Region

Most Viewed Restaurants in Yogyakarta Special Region

• olenx's Profile Photo

BASELO II: Don't Miss Original Padang Food In Yogyakarta

by olenx Updated Sep 2, 2008

I'v visited more than 10 sumatra restaurant arround Special Region Yogyakarta but now I only visit BASELO if I miss sumatra particularly Padang Food. BASELO offers verous Padang test food and cooked by sumtran so that the test is really original. This restaurant only accomodate about 20 visitors with comfort and clean environment. And the price is cheaper here...Some popular Padang food I found in this restaurant:

1.Special baked fish + White rice + Vegetable Rp 5000,-
    2.DENDENG ( slice meat )+ White Rice + Vegetable Rp 6000,-
    3.Fried / boiled fish + White Rice + Vegetable Rp 5000,-
    4.RENDANG ( meat simmered in spices and coconut milk) + White Rice + Vegetable Rp 6000,-
    5.Fried / boiled Egg + White Rice + Vegetable Rp 4000,-
    6.Fried / boiled chicken meat + White Rice + Vegetable Rp 5500,-

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here : Special baked fish & DENDENG.

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• meiyergani's Profile Photo

JOY RUMAH TEH dan ROTI: TEA HOUSE and BREAD

by meiyergani Written Mar 30, 2008

The Tea or coffee house is a stop over after we got around Sultan Palace. The Tea House also serve breads and snacks. Do called a moment to enjoy a hot tea while browsing an internet at the rate of Rp. 4,000,- for an hour duration

• Adventure Travel

• meiyergani's Profile Photo

GADRI RESTAURANT: The Sultan Menu

by meiyergani Written Mar 30, 2008

What is the Sultan diet? you could order the menu which always serve for Sultan at this restaurant, beside European and Indonesian cuisine. The Resto is located just at the west side of Keraton (Sultan Palace). It is also a museum where you could see the Sultan Property, some antiques and in a certain occassion, you could also enjoy the Performance of Gamelan Orchestra

• runwitme's Profile Photo

Ministry of Coffee: Eat, Drink, Read, Sleep and More

by runwitme Updated May 2, 2007

The best coffee place in Yogyakarta for hang out ever....

Favorite Dish: Personally, I can't say which one is my favourite because they all look and taste so good! My friends loved the Honey Chicken Salad that they reordered it couple of times.

• runwitme's Profile Photo

Almond Bakery, Cake & Icecream: Your Party Is Not Complete Without....

by runwitme Updated May 2, 2007

We passed this bakery on our way to Tamansari. I am impressed with the variety and presentation on the pastries and cakes. All products are hygienically covered in display trays.

They even have multi-tiered wedding cakes for sale. We bought some cakes (not the wedding ones, though) and puffs. They tasted fresh and delicious.

• Gajah Wong: Mashed Potatoes!!!

by e76 Updated Mar 25, 2007

My 'mole' told me that this is one of the up market places to see and to be seen in Jogja.
    (Sorry.. I might be wrong in this... ) :-)

I had black pepper steak which was surprisingly tasty as well as juicy!!

On a single trip, we went to this place twice. No complaint. Just amazed w/ the structures of the resto. It seems like the building used to be a house w/ various split levels as it is built on a river bank.

I didnt get the connection to the name until someone told me that the resto is located next to a river called 'Gajah Wong'.

Their dining tables are all different. many r big and look like antique. We had the whole marble table to sit 6 just for the 2 of us!!! :-)

Favorite Dish: Black pepper steak and lemonade!

Yogyakarta Special Region Hotels

41 Reviews - 50 Photos
Kaliurang Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Yogyakarta Special Region

Comments

Yogyakarta Special Region Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Yogyakarta Special Region restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yogyakarta Special Region sightseeing.
Map of Yogyakarta Special Region