Nightclubs and bars in Fukuoka-ken

Most Viewed Nightlife in Fukuoka-ken

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Tenjin Center

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 20, 2007

Tenjin Center area is the home of most "Western" style bars in Fukuoka. The busiest street is Oyafujo-dori. I checked out these bars:

Off Broadway - Off Broadway is a small bar with an Aussie bartender and a good group of Japanese customers. I had a few draft beers at US$5 each(!) and got some good nightlife tips from the local liquor reseller. Then I headed off to find The Dark Room (2F Tenjin Center Bldg, 3-2-13, Tenjin, Fukuoka, +81 (0)92 724 5383, http://www.broadwayjapan.com/).

Dark Room - At first, the Dark Room had a strange feel. As the name implies, it is very dark inside with black walls and floor. When I arrived, the only other customers were what appeared to be several US Marines. I sat at the bar and talked to the cute Japanese bartender with the pierced naval. After few hours of friendly conversation, and many classic rock songs, a few more Japanese ladies sat at the bar next to me, opened their bottle of red wine, and unwrapped a brick of cheese... A few bottles of wine later, I finally made my way back to the hotel...(Bachus Kan 802, Oyafuko-dori, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, 092-725-2989)

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Nakasu Island

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 20, 2007

I walked through the Nakasu nightlife district -- extremely popular among Japanese, it seemed a little too exotic for my taste. I was intrigued by billboards for places named Satin Doll, Dream Lips, Big Bang, and Soap Land... The whole area looked like a ritzy red-light district. And after further research, it is a "business entertainment area."

While on Nakasu Island, some Japanese men were playing a game where they try to catch an eel on a small string and hook. After failing several times, they earned a free eel to eat. Taking pity on the poor American who was watching, they let me eat the eel! The Japanese woman fried it up in teriyaki sauce. The men waited until I gave them the thumbs-up before moving on for the evening!

• Beer Tasting

2 Reviews - 18 Photos
Kitakyushu Hotels
101 Reviews - 195 Photos

Instant Answers: Fukuoka-ken

Comments

Fukuoka-ken Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Fukuoka-ken nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fukuoka-ken sightseeing.
Map of Fukuoka-ken