Related Hokkaido Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Hokkaido

• blacksnail's Profile Photo

Hokkaido in July

by blacksnail Written Apr 22, 2008

Favorite thing: After a deep thought, i think is better to go on the last 2 weeks of July for the Lavender farm. I went there last year last week of June, and the Lavendar wasn't blooming yet. So End of July should be the best time.

I spent 2 Days in Hokkaido only, because of my tight Schedule. :) I Spent 1 whole day in Sapporo, but I didn't get to visit the Beer Museum and i was rushing in the Hokkaido Village. I wish i can have one more day in Sapporo. So i think you should spend at least 1.5 days in Sapporo.

I visited Beia for Lavendar + Otaru in One Day. Otaru is a nice city, but i think 1/2 day is sufficient. There is also a volcano site somewhere in hokkaido that a lot of ppl visited.

I didn't drive there, only via JR, as i was there all by myself. I think 5 days is just nice and i think it worth a visit! It looks and feel different from the rest of Japan!

I can't speak japanese too.. i picked up some after the 2 weeks trip. I don't find a huge problem as i can read chinese, some japanese words i can kind of figure it out. :)

Fondest memory: there is a Ramen Alley in Sapporo of Hokkaido. I'm not sure if its the best place for ramen. but i enjoyed my ramen very much, especially the pork bone soup ramen. and that will be one of my 2 reasons to go back to Japan again. :)

I love Pork Bone Soup RAMEN - Ramen Alley Lavender farm at Biei
    • Women's Travel

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Killing time near Shin Chitose Airport

by RoseAmano Updated Feb 16, 2008

Favorite thing: The Northern Horse Park is a pleasant park and gardens located conveniently to Shin-Chitose Airport. Children and pets will enjoy here too, as there includes activities such as cycling and motor cart riding (rentals available), draft horse riding, horse-drawn carriage riding, putting golf, etc. as well as winter versions such as horse-drawn sledding, snowmobile riding etc.

15 mins. drive from Shin-Chitose Airport.
    There is a free shuttle bus from the Central Bus Terminal with hourly runs from 10:00 to 16:00 with return runs from the Park hourly from 10:40 to 16:40 (for non-winter season).

Northern Horse Park, Hokkaido Japan Northern Horse Park, Hokkaido Japan Northern Horse Park, Hokkaido Japan
    • Horse Riding

8 Reviews - 24 Photos
Abashiri Hotels
2 Reviews - 5 Photos

Instant Answers: Hokkaido

Comments

Hokkaido Favorites

Reviews and photos of Hokkaido favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hokkaido sightseeing.
Map of Hokkaido