Amagasaki Travel Guide

• Hotels

Amagasaki Restaurants

• Enzo's Profile Photo

by Enzo Written Aug 24, 2002

We found a beautiful restaurant the first night we were there, i don't know the name beacuse it was in Japanese with no english translation.
    In the same building as the Hopinn hotel, around to the right is a building where on the 3rd floor there are approx 6 restaurants, try them all. We tried two and both were excellent.
    In one restaurant, very plain, with lots of locals, just the way we wanted it, all the staff shout out something when someone enters the restaurant. I think it means basically 'can we help you'. But you hear this constantly, one waitress explained this is also a form of communication for the staff. It is very unique and wonderful to hear.

Favorite Dish: Anything you can fry yourself is wonderful.
    The first night we tried everything we could, fried shrimp, beef, pork, chicken and some sort of japanese pizza (okonomiyaki)...wonderful.
    Thanks to Cliffclaven who told me this name, this guy is a fountain of knowledge!!

Amagasaki Nightlife

• Enzo's Profile Photo

by Enzo Written Aug 24, 2002

What else but Karaoke.
    Around the Amagasaki area there are plenty of small karaoke bars, and all very welcoming.
    The locals here were buying us beer and sake, and in one particular place gave me a present of a bottle of Japanese wine, and my friend a carved wooden plaque from Kirin beer.

Dress Code: clothes are appreciated, this is a world wide thing i think.

Instant Answers: Amagasaki

Comments

Amagasaki Travel Guide
Map of Amagasaki