Hitachi Travel Guide

by schmoopy
    by HyperMKIV

Hitachi Things to Do

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

Ito Yokado is a large department store with lots of interesting things to buy and look at. Great for picking up genuine souvenirs like Japanese dishes.

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

An interesting and well put together collection of the history of Hitachi City, the company, and the people. Set on a beautiful piece of park-like land.

• Hitachi Hotels

28 Hotels in Hitachi

2 Reviews and Opinions

Hitachi Hotels

Hitachi Nightlife

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

A British style pub in Katsuta, a town very close to Hitachi. You are likely to run into other gaijin there!

Dress Code: Casual.

Hitachi Transportation

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

To get to Hitachi City you are likely to take a train from Tokyo for about an hour and a half.
    We walked a lot until we got comfortable with reading the bus schedule and train schedule. Once you master those, travelling around is not difficult. We did use taxicabs as well from time to time.

Hitachi Off The Beaten Path

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

Ibaraki Flower Park. Not sure the exact location but we stopped there on the way to Kasama for our pottery lesson. This park is extremely well kept and filled with all sorts of flowers and a large pond which is filled with carp. Great place to stretch your legs and grab some lunch.

by schmoopy Updated Oct 4, 2002

Kasama Pottery. My friends from the Purchasing Department took us on a day trip to Kasama to try our hands in pottery in the special clay from the area. While my pottery capabilites were terrible, we did get an opportunity to see the largest one piece fired vase I have ever seen, plus there was a fantastic store and museum.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Hitachi? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Hitachi Favorites

by schmoopy Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: My favourite things about Hitachi City are the friends that I made while I was there. I also greatly enjoyed walking around the area and looking at the different houses and architecture.

Fondest memory: Singing Karaoke and drinking Sake.

Instant Answers: Hitachi

Comments

Hitachi Travel Guide
Map of Hitachi