Places to eat in Ibaraki-ken

• Sushi bar where you order through a screen
    Sushi bar where you order through a...
    by Avya
    The vegetable and seafood soup
    by joiwatani
    The menu
    by joiwatani

Most Viewed Restaurants in Ibaraki-ken

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Noodle House: Eat vegetable and seafood noodle soup!

by joiwatani Updated Jan 10, 2009

Okay, I gotta try all the great foods in Japan! The soup was great but it was extremely hot! My tour guides were actually my brother and my brother-in-law who lives in Ibaraki so they know exactly where the good restaurants are!

My brother brought me to this local restaurant where you squat on the floor to eat! First,
    we removed our shoes. Then squat facing the square table. The floor below is covered with straw mat. There are huge square pillows provided to sit down.

The waitress came in and said "Ohayo, Gozaimasu!" and nodded her head while she bowed down as she re-arranged our shoes nicely. Then she gave us the menu. I glanced at the menu with colorful pictures and just pointed the soup that I wanted to it. Since I can't read Japanese, I asked my brother to translate the menu for me.

The waitress took orders and later on served us! Itadikimasu! (They say this word when you start to eat!)

The food was excellent but it was too much for me. The soup was served in a large bowl with wooden spoon. It was really nice.

If you needed extra napkins, you have to ask the waitress. Or if you needed some water.

The restaurant was crowded at lunchtime. I saw a lot of working class people come and go. The next table to us were probably officemates. But, they smoked a lot.

Smoking is allowed in restaurants in Japan. So, when you go to a restaurant, make sure to take a table away from most customers. Believe me, they are mostly smokers!

Favorite Dish: The vegetable and seafood soup

The vegetable and seafood soup The menu Inside the restaurant My brother Toshi and me The front of the restaurant

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

Mito Han Gyoza

by Mr.Sparkle Written Oct 27, 2008

Mito Han Gyoza are without a doubt the best local food in Mito. Its a dumpling seasoned with plumbs. If it sounds a little strange, don't worry. they know the right amount to add to make it taste right. These gyoza will certainly cost a little more than the normal gyoza. its worth the extra price.

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

Mito Ramen

by Mr.Sparkle Written Oct 27, 2008

If you're in Mito, check out the local ramen. Its a more subdued taste than usual Japanese ramen, but it will have some interesting things in it, like plumbs.

Go to the tourist information desk in Mito station and they will have a map of ramen restaurants in Mito.

You might have to ask by name for the special Mito ramen cause I couldn't find it on the menu. its easy, just ask Mito ramen???

Ibaraki-ken Hotels

2 Hotels
Hitachi Hotels
9 Reviews - 21 Photos

Instant Answers: Ibaraki-ken

Comments

Ibaraki-ken Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ibaraki-ken restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ibaraki-ken sightseeing.
Map of Ibaraki-ken