Kagoshima Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Sharrie

Most Recent Restaurants in Kagoshima

• sanukseeker's Profile Photo

Readily available in Kagoshima: Shirokuma (Shaved Ice)

by sanukseeker Written Feb 25, 2012
    My friend enjoying his Shirokuma

Favorite Dish: I come from Singapore and we enjoy our shaved ice with a good dose of condensed milk. But I found Shirokuma to be too sweet for my liking. Also, I feel that the taste of some fruits doesn't gel well with the shaved ice but hey, my Japanese friends find it weird that Singaporeans eat our shaved ice together with sweet corn. So, perhaps it's just a matter of culinary preference. I will be interested to know how you find Shirokuma if you have the chance to try it!

• eversure's Profile Photo

Ajimori: melt in your mouth Tonkatsu

by eversure Written Feb 21, 2007

The reataurant is modern with Western tables and chairs. It is always full so it is good to reserve beforehand. The maitre d' lends class but the place isn't that grand. It is full of locals so you feel like you are really experiencing the community.

Favorite Dish: Tonkatsu! Breading so light yet tasty. Pork so tender it melts in your mouth (no kidding!) If it weren't for the fact that my pants were really geting uncomfortable, I would have ordered a second serving.

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Wakana: Kagoshima's local food , delisious!

by RoseAmano Updated Oct 18, 2003

If you visit kagoshima , you can enjoy Kagoshima's local delisious food & drink.
    For example , Kagoshima's black pig, beef
    Satsuma Shamo (chicken), Kibinago (Kagoshima's fish), Satsuma's vodka (made from Satsuma potato).

you can't use card.

Favorite Dish: Japanese typcal food ,Syabusyabu (boiled meat and vegitable) ,Kagoshima's local dishes.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Sochu.

by Sharrie Updated Sep 16, 2002

In this restaurant (I like the decorations!) a liquor known as Shochu (made from sweet potatoes) is served. Believed to have passed through Okinawa from China or Korea, there are as many as 120 distilleries in Kagoshima alone! In addition, there is reliance on sweet potatoes rather than rice in this part of Japan!

Instant Answers: Kagoshima

Comments

Kagoshima Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kagoshima restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kagoshima sightseeing.