Hakone Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Hakone

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

TAKING THE SPEED TRAIN FROM HAKONE

by AusPinay Updated Apr 24, 2008

We took the speed train from Hakone as we wanted to experience riding the bullet train or shinkansen and we were glad we did!

The speed train is awesome, especially when we were waiting to ride one. We tried to take photos as it sped past us!It was part of the day trip - more expensive than returning to Tokyo by train but it is worth it for the sheer experience alone! At least we can say we rode in a bullet train in Japan even if it took only around 40 minutes! We wished we could have traveled longer on one!

Our bullet train to Tokyo slowing down to take us the bullet train in Hakone station waiting for the bullet train a speeding bullet train

• Finding the station

by amynewnham Written Apr 5, 2007

Don't forget to take a plan of where the ticket office is in the station - it's in Shinjuku station for the 3 day pass and it's outside the Odyaku department store.

Don't end up walking around the station for 2 hours, tired and jetlagged like I did, it was terrible!!!! Nearly killed my boyfriend and the well meaning japanese people who wrongly directed us several times!!!

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

Hakone Free Pass gives you all of Hakone

by aukahkay Written Feb 6, 2006

The Hakone Free Pass is an all-inclusive 2-day pass that includes return ticket from/to Shinjuku station. All modes of transport operated by Odakyu Group, including Lake Ashi sightseeing ships, Hakone Ropeway and Hakone-Tozan Railway are included in the pass. The pass costs Y4700 and is valid on weekdays. I took the Odakyu line from Shinjuku station to Hakone-Yumoto, a journey that took about 70 minutes. From Hakone-Yumoto, a 20-minute bus ride on the Tozan Bus brought me to Togendai. Along the way, I passed by various hotels and ryokans, all offering onsens. The Hakone Ropeway was closed on that cold winter day so I decided to go on the Lake Ashi boat. The boat took me from Togendai to Hakonemachi. From Hakonemachi, another bus took me back to Hakone-Yumoto where I caught the return train back to Shinjuku - all in a day's trip.

Hakone-Yumoto - first point of entry into Hakone Bus stop on the Tozan Bus route in winter Lake Ashi pirate ship Lake Ashi pirate ship
    • National/State Park
    • Sailing and Boating

• vincentf's Profile Photo

Hakone Weekday Freepass

by vincentf Written Jun 21, 2004

An all-inclusive 2-day pass that includes return ticket from/to Shinjuku station. All modes of transport operated by Odakyu Group, including Lake Ashi pirate ships, Hakone Ropeway and Hakone-Tozan Railway. The pass costs 4700 yen and is valid only on Mon-Fri. For an additional 870 yen one-way, you can take the Romance Car from Shinjuku to Hakone-yumoto.

Hakone Ropeway

• akikonomu's Profile Photo

Ferry ride on Ashinoko

by akikonomu Written Dec 27, 2003

Get the pass which allows you to use the buses around Hakone, gondola and ferry at Lake Ashi. You can buy it at the tourist information office around Moto Hakone station.

It's much more convenient and allows you to backtrack on places you want to visit over and over again.

The ferry plying Lake Ashi stops at a few villages, from where there are numerous sights of interest.

Ferry on lake Ashi

• llvalentin's Profile Photo

The shinkansen is awesome

by llvalentin Written Feb 25, 2007

Our ride back to Tokyo was on the shinkansen, and what a treat it was. The ride was luxurious inside and out.

Awesome, fast, efficient shinakansen

• manuelEB's Profile Photo

Lake Ashinoko by boat

by manuelEB Updated May 5, 2003

I mean .. you are there. What else can you do? I didn't get into the boat but...I have nothing against people getting into a boat and
    been taken around a big lake... It is up to you. (-;

Instant Answers: Hakone

Comments

Hakone Transportation

Reviews and photos of Hakone transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hakone sightseeing.