Yatsushiro Travel Guide

Japanese police in action
    Entrance to the Castle
    Shrine inside the Castle

Yatsushiro Things to Do

• Pachinco Parlors (I think I spelled it...

I don't know how to play Pachinco. I'm just a fan of Asahi Beer, so I took a picture of the building. If you like to gamble, it's a way to win or lose some money. I've never played before though, and don't really have any plans to try it.

• Yatsushiro Shrine

Behind the Castle is another Shrine. I don't know if they're both part of the Shinto religion, but I believe so. Anyway, it's another sight to check out. In the shrines people go to pray for good luck. There is a trough with a ladel at the entrance where they will wash out their hands and mouth before entering the shrine to pray. There is a bell in...

• Yatsushiro Castle

I don't know much about the castle, but it is interesting to see if you've never been to a Japanese Castle before. There is a shrine inside and a few monuments and a Shrine. Definitely something to check out during the day if you're ever in Yatsushiro, and the best part about it is the entry is free.

Yatsushiro Restaurants

by Ike_2005 Written Nov 3, 2005

I don't remember much special about this restaraunt except that the menus are not in English, and I was just lucky enough to get someone from the staff to help me translate what I wanted to order. The food was very good.

Favorite Dish: I only ate here once, and I went the easy way out with the spagetti and meat sauce. It was very good. Much better than what you would get from Olive Garden.

La Fella Resso Entrance

Yatsushiro Nightlife

• Different pictures of other bars

By the time I hit these other places I was so drunk I kept forgetting to take pictures of the signs, so I don't know where the hell they were at. I know they're near the other bars listed on my Yatsushiro page. Anyway, enjoy these couple pictures.

• Quiet Bar

This place was dark and empty. When I walked in they were playing the Wizard of OZ music. I still don't know why I stayed at first, but it turned out to be an alright place. They had a wide selection of alcohol and they changed the music when I showed up. It wasn't really anything special, but how the hell would I have known, I've never been there...

• Average Bar

Nothing too special about this place. The guy that ran the place was a pretty decent guy. He spoke some English and he gave me a free drink. So I gave him a five dollar bill to hang on his wall. He had several other foreign currencies hanging on his wall so I figured since he gave me a gift I'd do the same. Mine was the only US money up there, so I...

Yatsushiro Transportation

by Ike_2005 Written Nov 3, 2005

I love riding the train vice the bus. Granted it's a little more expensive, but offers a lot more than a bus ever will. You can smoke and drink on the train. The bus you cannot. You also have a toilet on the train. On the bus you don't. So I take the train everywhere unless I'm catching a flight some where. The only problem is the tickets are not in English, so you have to rely on the train station staff to get you on the right train. I've only ran into this being a problem once which is why you're even reading my Yatsushiro page in the first place.

The train, it's the best way to go from A to B

Yatsushiro Warnings and Dangers

by Ike_2005 Written Nov 3, 2005

Not all Japanese men are pushy when they're drunk, but this guy was. He kept buying me beer and was trying to offer me food after I had just eaten. I couldn't understand a word he was saying either. Plus he talked with his mouth full of food which was kind of disgusting. This guy is just a wreck to say the least. I guess he probably meant well, but I don't really know since I couldn't understand most of what he said.

Yatsushiro Off The Beaten Path

by Ike_2005 Written Nov 3, 2005

This one blew me away. I got to see my own Rodney King footage (well it was the Japanese version). I was just walking to the next bar, and saw some drunk fighting with 2 police officers. They shoved him in a corner and started talking to him. Next think I see is his friend wrap his arm around one of the police officer's throats (as shown in the picture). So the other cop pulled him off his partner and started saying something to that guy. Next thing I know the guy who had his arm around the cops throat tried to grab the other police officer's gun. About that time I figured it was time to take a little cover. I hid back a little bit around a corner, but If bullets would have started flying you would have a lot better footage than this picture on here.

Japanese police in action

Instant Answers: Yatsushiro

Comments

Explore Deeper into Yatsushiro
Karaoki of course