Know about this? Rate It!
Down the Hozu river
Old Cliffie is a bit too old for white-knuckle pastimes such as bungee jumping or whitewater rafting. But he did enjoy the 'Hozugawa Kudari' - trip down the river Hozu - near Kyoto. Take the train (20 minutes) from Kyoto to Kameoka, from where it's a ten-minute walk to the river. The trip lasts just under two hours along a deep, twisting gorge through mildly exciting rapids to Arashiyama on the west side of Kyoto. At about 40 dollars (25 for children), the trip is not cheap. Poor old Cliffie had to dig deep into his pocket when he volunteered to take five junior members of the Claven clan on the trip one day.
- Adventure Travel
Hozugawa Kudari. The boattrip...
Hozugawa Kudari. The boattrip is about an hour ride out of Kyoto and a little pricy at 3900\ but if it’s spring or fall, you’ll get some great views and pics. Go with friends b/c there aren’t as many rapids as the brochure implies so you’ll need the distraction!
Hozukyo, north of Arrashiyama,...
Hozukyo, north of Arrashiyama, Kyoto. It is a cool place to hang around in the summer. You catch the Sannin line from Kyoto station and get off at Hozukyo. Then you'll need to make your way down to the river. Just follow all the others doing the same.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Kyoto Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ar Rayyan Hotels
- Cerros Polvos Azules Hotels
- Falelatai Hotels
- Sayulita Hotels
- Saint-Émilion Off The Beaten Path
- Tulum Off The Beaten Path
- Newport Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bergamo Off The Beaten Path
- Delft Off The Beaten Path
- Ukraine Off The Beaten Path
- Beaumont Off The Beaten Path
- Vail Off The Beaten Path
- Wroclaw Off The Beaten Path
- Chichester Off The Beaten Path
- Charlottetown Off The Beaten Path