Know about this? Rate It!
Graveyard on the walk up to Kiyomizu Temple
A little unusual, but we found this by accident. Rather than following the main route up to the Kiyomizu Temple with all the usual stalls selling souvenirs we found a path at the bottom of the hill just by the main freeway intersection that took us up the hill through a graveyard.
Space being at a premium in Japan the graveyards are built on the side of hills/mountains where they can't build houses. Walking up through the graveyard was very peaceful and it was interesting to see the wonderful variety of grave stones and quite a few crows hanging around.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Kyoto Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Johnsonville Hotels
- Lents Hotels
- Hacienda San Agustín Hotels
- Prefecture of Preveza Hotels
- Sumilon Island
- Scott City
- Claude Monet's Garden in Giverny
- Saint-Émilion Off The Beaten Path
- Vail Off The Beaten Path
- Borovec Off The Beaten Path
- Villages and Farms
- North Georgia Mountains & Waterfalls
- Phoenix Off The Beaten Path
- Sungei Buloh Nature Park
- Iffley Road
- Aix-en-Provence Off The Beaten Path
- State of Tamil Nadu Off The Beaten Path
- Muang Boran - Ancient City