Yoshinoya, Kyoto

4 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

The food
    The food
    by joiwatani
    The street close to the restaurant
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

Yoshinoya Restaurant: Have breakfast first before you head to temples

by joiwatani Updated Dec 5, 2008

As soon as we arrived in Kyoto, my sisters and I were starving so we headed to Yoshinoya Restaurant where the locals go. It was early in the morning and there was nobody on the streets yet. Once and a while I see truck drivers making their first delivery- unloading products to stores. At other times, I see some early risers, biking. But, for the most part of it, I only saw people who delivers their products early in the morning like the shop keepers opening their stores and delivery people.

The restaurant was small with an elongated make-shift table. There were only two people managing the restaurant:the waiter who is also the cashier and the cook.

There were about five customers in sight, smoking cigarettes. I haven't seen any place like this where everybody seemed to smoke cigarettes! Some customers ordered soup. I wasn't ready for soup. But, I was starving for breakfast: eggs, bacon and sausage!

Since I didn't have any choice but to order what they had. I ordered a Japanese breakfast instead! Of course, it has rice on it...and, fried meat

Favorite Dish: Rice and fried meat.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Yoshinoya Restaurant: Have breakfast first before you head to temples

by joiwatani Written Nov 21, 2008

The breakfast

Favorite Dish: Rice and fried meat.

Instant Answers: Kyoto

Comments

Hotels Near Yoshinoya
5.0 out of 5 stars