Getting Around Kyoto

Most Viewed Transportation in Kyoto

• huggy93's Profile Photo

I'm here

by huggy93 Updated Nov 15, 2004

Already shared a few of my insights of getting to Kyoto... so all that's left to show you in this transportation tip, is this photo was taken at the point that I arrived. When I took the photo I was a bit apprehensive as I was really missing the 'friend' that I had left in Tokyo and at this point all I wanted to do was get on the next train back.... I'm pleased that I stuck it out and remained here for at least a little bit.

Smiling ;-)

Peace & Tranquility

• davidlop's Profile Photo

Train Station

by davidlop Written Nov 9, 2003

Kyoto, as any other big city in Japan, is very well connected by an efficient railway network. When you arrive, you just wonder what will you find outside: the station is a massive building packed with shops, restaurants, and whatever you may need, like a buble of futuristic Japan into this old city... but fortunately, the old traditions are just waiting you after crossing the exit doors. Anyway, the station is a worth visit by itself, to see the way people lives and develops; don't miss the roof view points!

Kyoto's central station
    • Trains

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Web Resources.

by Sharrie Written Aug 25, 2002

• Beachcomber's Profile Photo

From Going from Osaka ~ Kyoto...

by Beachcomber Written Aug 24, 2002

From Going from Osaka ~ Kyoto we took the bus which took about 1 hr 30.
    We took the shinkansen (Bullet Train) from Kyoto ~ Tokyo which takes about 2 hours. You can go almost all over Japan on the shinkansen. It is quite and comfortable and fast.
    You can hire taxi's with english speaking drivers who will take you to sightseeing places and can explain about that particular attraction. I found this very helpful as I couldn't speak or read Japanese.
    It is also possible to go around Kyoto by train but I haven't tried this so I can't comment on it.
    Travelling by foot would be a good option to travel around the alleyways in Kyoto city.

Kyoto Hotels

Tomato Guest House
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Kyoto

Kyoto Transportation

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Kyoto locals.
Map of Kyoto