Been here? Rate It!
Take a stroll in Hakuba
Other than visiting the ski area, I took a walk around the Hakuba village. There are a number of resorts scattered around the area, either commercial or residential. You can admire the different types of houses in this village.
Yudanaka-Shibu Onsen Resort
Nagano Prefecture has the second largest number of spas in Japan, and there are many hot spring resorts here - Yudanaka-Shibu Onsen, Hakuba Onsen, Omachi Onsen, Shirahone Onsen etc.
We went to the Yudanaka-Shibu Onsen Resort and stayed in a ryokan (with its own bath). This town has 9 different hot springs, and the 1300-year-old Shibu Onsen has 9 public bathing houses. The spring water is reputed to cure a variety of ailments.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Rakuten Travel RakutenTravel
Nagano Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Catazajá Hotels
- Sunken Meadow State Park Hotels
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- Gilmanton Ironworks Hotels
- Split Hotels