castle, Osaka

1-1, Osakajo, Chuo-ku (06) 6941-3044

Know about this? Rate It!

• castle
    by Sharrie
    Osaka-Jo castle
    by Francesco-C
  • castle
    by Andrei222
  • Andrei222's Profile Photo

The extensive grounds of Osaka...

by Andrei222 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: The extensive grounds of Osaka Castle were impressive. The next night, friends took us to the top of a 7-story building with a rooftop entrance to a huge, red ferris wheel. High over the city's brightly lit, colorful streets, we saw tsuki (the moon) and Osaka Castle aglow with green lights.

Fondest memory: As in other cities during our trip, we were fascinated by the combination of ancient and modern. I took this photo of the castle wall moat.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Osaka-jo Castle.

by Sharrie Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit OSAKA-JO CASTLE: The interior of the castle houses an excellent collection of Toyotomi Hideyoshi memorabilia and displays relating the history of the castle. Go right up to the top floor (I think ... 8th floor) and it provides a bird's eye view of the entire city!

• Francesco-C's Profile Photo

Busy busy busy

by Francesco-C Written Aug 24, 2002

Osaka-Jo castle

Favorite thing: I was in Osaka just for one day, coming from Kyoto on a day-trip, so I visited only the Osaka-Jo and the Umeda Sky Bulding and I recommend not to miss them.

Fondest memory: Like any other japanese city Osaka is very busy, some guide books say that it is the busyest one.

Instant Answers: Osaka