shopping, Osaka

Know about this? Rate It!

• heywinks's Profile Photo

NEEDING A SNACK

by heywinks Updated Dec 3, 2002

Favorite thing: I spend most of my time in Umeda whenever I go to Osaka. It`s mostly shopping & eating for me there. When I lived in Osaka, on weekends, I used to stroll by the shops & explore parts of Umeda that I haven`t been to before. Often times the hours would just fly on by. If I got hungry & wanted to eat something (but not sit down in a restaurant), I would go to the department stores` food level in the basement. There, I can sample (for free) alot of the foods that they sell & get almost full.
    My favorite dept store to sample the food is Hanyku Dept Store. After that, Hanshin Dept Store.
    I think many people go to sample the food, not just me, so I don`t feel so bad when I don`t buy anything!
    This is definitely an experience, going to the food levels of the dept stores. Even if you don`t sample the food, it`s amazing all the activity around you!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Vending Machines.

by Sharrie Written Sep 16, 2002

Favorite thing: Try out their vending machine. There are many types of drinks & desserts available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... you get the drift, don't you?

Fondest memory: On those cold days, this is the only country I've ever found hot, I'm serious, HOT canned drinks!!!

• GenkiMac's Profile Photo

for a trendy slightly...

by GenkiMac Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: for a trendy slightly expensive but atmospheric shopping trip visit minami sanbe . There are some nice little cafes with outdoor seating and delicious food and some interesting shops not all expensive. From namba station take exit 14 and walk left up Midosuji. It is the area on the left side of midosuji a block in from the main road.

Instant Answers: Osaka