Mishima Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Mishima

• taigaa001's Profile Photo

by taigaa001 Updated May 29, 2011
    Izu Hakone Sunzu Line

Izu Hakone Sunzu Line is a private railway line between Mishima and Shuzenji in central Izu Peninsula. In Ohito there is a formidable crag as if stolen away from Gui Lin. South face of Joyama is a popular training ground for rock climbers. Shuzenji is a popular onsen known by some of the Japanese literature works. Nijino Sato is a popular theme park there. From Shuzenji to further south and west you have to get on bus lines. Mishimahirokoji station only the next station is often used by Tokaido walkers to start a Tokaido hike. Before getting across the gate be sure to hand your JR ticket to station clerk.

• Trains

• taigaa001's Profile Photo

From Mishima To Hakone

by taigaa001 Updated May 9, 2011
    The bus to Hakone starts from #5 gate

From Shizuoka and western part of Japan, Mishima is often the gateway to Hakone. The bus starts from #5 gate at the south exit of Mishima station. As you see, only 8:15 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. bus may fit for travelers from Shizuoka.

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Hitch Hiking

by chodearm Updated Aug 27, 2004

Before heading to Japan for a while I read a book about hitchhiking through Japan. The decision was made then and there, I will use this form of transport to my advantage. In America hitchiking is not such a great idea if you like to remain in one piece. Stories abound of people Hitch hiking and getting hacked apart by a Jeffery Dahmer. In Japan free rides were easily aquired. If I desired a ride to the bar I would write on a piece of paper in broken Japanese symbols "To Mishima Station" which was the closest major attraction, and than simply stand on the side of the main road and sport a huge "I AM GAIJIN" (foreigner) smile. You have to lock eyes with the drivers. Stand close to a traffic light so you can make sure they see you. With in 10 minutes I always got a ride even if I was visibly affected by the bars offerings, at any time of the night. I was dwelling kind of close to a KFC and Dennys so since I was American I would always ask to be dropped off there to live up to the American Fast Food stereotype. They always asked "Why KFC"? The thumb method would work occasionally, but definately is more work, opt for the sign that way they know where you are headed prior.
    One night on one hitchhiking excursion, it,s 2 am, we get a call on our phone and it was someone who picked us up in the past, he spotted us at it again. "Just wait there I'm turning around to get you."
    After the first ride with him we made friends, he even invited us to a volleyball game at his school. I wouldn't hitchhike in any other country, its just when I am in Japan I feel redicuously safe (good or bad), and it also helps that the local people like to try and communicate with Americans to hone their English skills.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Mishima

Comments

Mishima Transportation

Reviews and photos of Mishima transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mishima sightseeing.